Do Good This Black Friday (+ the deals stuck in your spam folder)
For all the years I’ve been blogging, we’ve gone relatively quiet over the holidays. And every year, we hear from readers asking us to put together some resources and buying guides. Finally, we’ve gotten our shit together! I’ve pulled together a number of holiday-focused posts for the next two weeks that serve as inspiration for parties, holiday decor, shopping, and ways to give back this season. We’re kicking things off today with a few ways you can spend wisely, plus a round up of all those promo emails you probably ignored but may want to check out.
Ways to give a little back
First up: Be The Match is launching its first ever “Cozy Up for a Cause” holiday campaign. Be The Match has developed a giveback partnership between like-minded merchandise partners, with the goal of selling “cozy” inspired products. The Cozy Up partners – Faribault Woolen Mill, Illume Candles and Kindly Coffee – will be generously offering a giveback donation from a selection of their products sales to Be The Match to support the Be The Match mission. Patients depend on Be The Match and our supporters to find a marrow donor match to save their life. Shop Cozy Up today and may your home be filled with all the Joys of the Season.
Secondly, Everlane has established The Black Friday Fund–donating all profits for the day to their factory partners in Hangzouh, China. All proceeds will go towards updating recreational facilities for the 300 people who live and work at the factory. By purchasing on Black Friday, customers will be able to see their individual contribution.
Lastly, Zappos.com Announces Fast, Free Giving! For every order placed on Zappos.com from Black Friday to Cyber Monday Zappos will donate 10 meals to families in need, in partnership with Feeding America. Their commitment is to donate up to 5,000,000 meals ($500,000). That many meals would feed the entire state of Kentucky! Through Feeding America’s bulk discounts, subsidies, etc. they’re able to use $1 in donations to generate 10 meals. Feeding America is a national top-rated charity with a network of over 200 food banks, and supporting 61,000 local charities in all 50 states, DC, and Puerto Rico.
Get The Deals
I also wanted to share the round up of Black Friday deals I resurrected from my spam folder, just incase you’re looking to get a jump-start on holiday shopping. The best thing about online Black Friday deals is you don’t have to put on pants to knock items off your to-do list. Now go forth, eat, shop, and do a little good.
• Marigot Collection: 30% off through Dec 1: Code MGCF14
• JCrew: $ 30% off select full-price styles and additional 40% off sale + free shipping, no mimimum
• Zappos: Free 2 day shipping
• Net-A-Porter: Free 3 day delivery and returns
• Asos: Up to 70% off
• Shopbop: Free 3 day Shipping / Free Returns/ Amazon Prime Eligible
• Need Supply: An additional 30% off all sale items starting today 11/26 until midnight, Sunday 11/30. The code “extra30”
• Alice + Olivia: 25% off sitewide + free shipping
• All Saints (US): 20% off all styles CODE: THANKS
• Club Monaco: 30% off cashmere styles
• DVF: 40% off select styles
• Gant: Pre-fall and fall pieces 40% off
• Gilt: free shipping
• Madewell: 25% off your entire purchase
• Moda Operandi: 50% off giftable items
• Otte New York: Black Friday extra 40% off all sale merchandise
• SSENSE: up to 50% off
• Wren: 50% off
• Kelly Wearstler // Black Friday up to 30% off
• Rebecca Atwood // 25% off
• West Elm // Buy more, save more — up to 25% off
Be The Match Images by Melissa Oholendt, Styling by Wit & Delight Studio