Vacation Packing List!
Oh, March. You tease us with unkept promises of Spring! It was 60 degrees in MN last weekend, while unsettling, it wasn’t hard to enjoy. Alas, more snow ahead. Here in the North, we can count on 5 months of snow-covered ground.
I ran across scribblings of my packing list for our own beach vacation, that was sadly canceled due to illness and work. A girl can still dream, right? So I decided to dive into my packing lists inspired by Hei Doll’s awesome Packing Light series. They are so awesome and actually inspire you to bring less.
Pack: The approach for packing? Bring a great suitcase in a manageable size. When you’re traveling somewhere remote, it seems a little counter intuitive to drag your entire life with you on the way there! Included is a beach tote that also works as a bag to bring to the market for fresh fruit and local fare. We’ve also included clutches for cosmetics and “dressing up.” Both have a lot of personality, which is what I look for in a good clutch!
- Luggage: Away, $225
- Tote: Eliza Gran Topanga Tote, $98
- Cosmetic Bag: Clare V Flat Clutch, $250
- Clutch: Venessa Arizaga Snack Attack Clutch Bag, $250
- Towel: Oversized Backgammon Design Beach Towel (set of two), $37
- Book: A Manual for Cleaning Women: Selected Stories, $20
Prep: Less is more!! Beach vacations are best spent taking time off from primping. Pack a great versatile lipstick color, sunscreen (obviously), a great hydrating mask, mascara, a little cream blush, and a tinted moisturizer with more SPF!
- Lipstick: Runway Lip Color Shine – Suede Nude – TOM FORD Beauty, $52
- Sunscreen: Kate Somerville Daily Deflector™ Waterlight Broad Spectrum SPF 50 PA Anti-Aging Sunscreen, $58
- Moisturizing Mask: Aesop Moisturizing Facial Masque, $55
- Mascara: Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara, $28
- Cream Blush: The Multiple Shimmer Stick, $39
- Tinted Moisturizer: Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20, $44
Wear: This list includes pieces that stand alone and go well together. Yes, 3 pairs of shoes can seem a bit much, but it really brings the versatility to the clothing pieces.
- Wrap Romper: Wrap Front Playsuit, $95
- Cropped Tee: Anessa Bruno Athé, $110
- Jean Shorts: MOTO Vintage Rosa Short, $52
- Maxi Dress: Darcy Dress, $132
- Blouse: Ladder Trim Peplum Tee, $65
- Swim Suit: Maryisa Antibes Top and Bottom, $136 each
- Romper: Black bardot Romper, $40
- Sneakers: Superstar 80s Sneaker, $75
- Sandals: Daisy by Minnetonka Mocassin, $60
- Mules: J.Crew Factory Mule Slides, $52
- Linen Pants: My Pants by Steven Alan, $347
- Plaid Blouse: ‘Caval’ Top by Mih Jeans, $315
Accessorize: Always the best place to have a little fun! I love the versatility of a good men’s pocket square… wear it around your neck, your arm, in your hair!
- Earrings: Circle and Half Moon Drop, $14
- Scarf: Drake’s Pocket Square, $85
- Necklace: Medium Island Gradient, $175
- Sunglasses: Milan III Round Sunglasses, Amber/Silver – Illesteva, $300
- Linen Scarf: Blue Blocks Linen Scarf, $35
- Kimono: Hally Cotton-lace Kimono Jacket, $98
I hope you have a chance to get away this winter!