Bundle Up! Our Favorite Sweaters for Cooler Days
Even though we’ve had some abnormally warm days here lately in Minneapolis, I’ve been wearing sweaters and 70 degree days can’t stop me! Fall 2016 has brought us so many different sweater styles, so we’ve rounded up the essentials. There’s a sweater for occassion, from sporty to your classic turtleneck. Some spring trends (we’re looking at you fringe!) have even been updated for the cooler weather. I want them all, what about you?
- Fringed: Hello, effortless way to jazz up blue jeans and flats when you’re feeling a bit ‘blah.’
- Sporty: Instead of tossing on a sweatshirt when you’re trying to rush out the door, try a sweater with a sporty twist. I love the clean lines and unique fabric.
- Cut Out: If you want to embrace the cool weather but still go a bit of skin, the cut out sweater is your new go-to. Find one in a comfy fabric with a nice oversized slouch.
- Turtleneck: I’m sure everyone could use a new turtleneck this fall. Go for a light-weight one in a fresh new fall color, like caramel or hunter green.
- Oversized: Lazy days call for an oversized sweater! I think they’re perfect when paired with some distressed jeans and loafers.
- V-Neck: Another way to give your sweater style some sex appeal is with a v-neck. Toss over a classic button-up shirt if you want to feel more covered up.
- Pom Pom: I mean, what else says you’re excited for fall than an a cute pom pom sweater!
- Ribbed: A ribbed number will add some texture to an all-black outfit or a layered look.
- Cable Knit: The fisherman’s cable knit is flattering and always classic. My new favorite is grey-colored one worn with cropped trousers.
- Cashmere: Another classic you should have in your arsenal is a good quality cashmere one. It’s sure to last you more than a few falls and winters!
- Oversized Turtleneck: The best of both worlds! You couldn’t be any more cozy than in an oversized turtleneck. All you need to add is a warm drink.
Top image via Nanna van Blaaderen