7 Ways To Decorate Your Tiny Living Room Corners
written for Architectural Digest
Sometimes small living room spaces or corners provide you with just the right amount of room to work with to make it feel truly unique. And although my current home isn’t quite as spacious as I’d like it to be, over the past couple of years I’ve found ways to make it feel cozy, inviting and even appear larger than it really is. I’ve always believed it’s the little character touches that create a worthwhile room and adding unique furniture pieces, plants, art or interesting corner shelving can make all the difference when creating an intimate and eye-catching corner in your living room.
For those of you who are looking for a couple of easy tips and tricks – I’ve put together seven ways to decorate your empty living room corners below. Let me know what you think!
1. Create a cozy lounging nook with a chair and an oversized plant nearby. This creates an ambiance that is more earthy and inviting than before and why not choose a decoration that decreases the carbon monoxide in the room and reduces pollutants and dust in your space.
2. Install floating corner shelves to showcase your favorite knick-knacks, books or prized possessions. This is a great space saver! And I love the way it looks in any room. It elevates the space completely and makes it more multi-dimensional.
3. Create your own little record station corner that is both stylish and nostalgic. This is such a fun little corner to have when you’re looking to entertain guests. Collect your favorite records over time at local music stores and estate sales and add some shelving or meaningful art above your record player to complete this look.
4. Turn your living room wall or corner into a mini gallery with large and small art pieces. This is one of my favorite ways to decorate a space. I’ve always believed art and rugs bring warmth and soul into any room.
5. Tight on office space? Give yourself a tiny workspace and hang a few pieces of art above to add dimension and ambiance to your favorite room. I love having a couple of different workstations spread throughout my home. This helps me to feel more organized and excited to accomplish my ever-growing to-do lists.
6. Install a massive bookcase near an empty corner and add a cute hanging plant to finish off this look. This is a great way to also stay organized and have a place for all your favorite books and boardgames.
7. Keep all of your favorite books and belongings close by with cute decorative crates or bins.