7 Unconventional Nightstand Ideas That are Anything but a Snooze
I don’t know about you but I’m always looking for new ways to reinvent the personal space that is my bedroom. It’s my favorite reading spot every night where I line my nightstand with scented candles and set the lighting just right so the ambiance allows me to relax. It’s the place where I spend my sleepy Saturday mornings waking up slow and my ultimate refuge from the outside world where I recharge my batteries and find some much needed alone time. I’ve always had a thing for the intimacy of bedrooms and I think Pinterest is the perfect place to dream up new and creative ways of decorating the space that is nearest and dearest to you. I worked with our content manager Francine to find a handful of our preferred unconventional nightstand ideas that are fun, eclectic and sure to inspire. What do you think? What is your favorite way to freshen up your bedroom?
1. A Chair // Adding a chair that fits your room’s theme is a cute, fun, and laidback way to decorate your bedside that is just plain adorable.
2. A rolling cart // Debatably the most versatile accessory that every home needs, the rolling cart is the perfect piece to move around your house when you’re feeling a refresh. Wishing there were drawers? Put a basket or bin on the bottom tray for added storage.
3. A stool and ladder combo // There are a million different ways to achieve this look, which allows you to get creative when hunting for your own stool and ladder. Tip: When shopping, don’t limit yourself to big-box-retailers. Some of the greatest finds come from a neighbor’s garage sale or your local thrift store.
4. Luggage // For a more unconventional nightstand, stack a few vintage suitcases or an old trunk beside your bed. This look is charming, nostalgic and acts as the perfect built-in storage solution.
5. A stack of books // Are you like me and enjoy reading four books at once depending on your mood? I usually have at least a handful by my bedside. A stack of books is a quaint way to build your own nightstand that is actually quite useful.
6. A chest of drawers // If you love thrifting as much as I do, you will gravitate toward this idea. Visit your local estate sale, flea market or antique auction to find a great chest of drawers that is truly one-of-a-kind.
7. Floating shelves // This floating shelf is the perfect nightstand solution for those of you looking to conserve space while keeping a clean and uncluttered look near your bed.
Stefani Ellenbecker is the Editorial Director at Wit & Delight. When she’s not feverishly editing or writing about style and interiors, she runs her bohemian shop Arden Trading Co. where she sells artisan-made home goods. She lives in Minneapolis with her fiancé Muhamed.