A New Reason For a Girls’ Night
If you’re not 21 years of age or older, please click the little X in the corner of this window. I’m sorry. Your day will come.
Good god, I love girls’ nights. Are we still calling them Girls’ Nights? I’ve been calling them “Come over so we can eat sixty different kinds of cheeses while we drink wine and have Netflix on in the background during our discussion of how every mean girl from high school is now in a skincare pyramid scheme,” but, that’s admittedly getting a little wordy.
There are few very obvious essentials needed for a night with your girls:
– Your girls. All of ‘em. I’m the crazy-ass planner (ask my crew) who sends out Doodle invites (they hate me) so that I can find a date where EVERY SINGLE PERSON can make it because they are all very important snowflake puzzle pieces.
– FOOD. Listen, If you’re attending girls’ nights that don’t look like somebody hit it big at a grocery store’s Going Out Of Business Sale, you need new friends. We did a toast bar with toppings galooore. Some favorite combos:
- Mozzarella, sautéed mushrooms, and thyme (I like mozz with Pinot Grigio).
- Gruyere with sautéed lamb, leeks, and cherry tomatoes. (Gruyere goes excellent with both the Sauvignon Blanc and Red Blend.)
- Goat Cheese with grilled pears, walnuts, honey, and thyme (goat cheese and Sauvignon Blanc are soulmates).
– Wine. A fun fact about Girls’ Nights is that not one has ever happened in the history of Girls’ Nights without the beauty that is the fermented grape elixir known as wine. (This is probably most likely try but don’t Google it I don’t feel like being wrong today.) The go-to for me? Black Box. Duh! Because 1. It’s frickin’ good. 2. There are four bottles in a box – and I love to reduce my carbon footprint and 3. Their new loyalty program.
Let me explain, and read slowly because you’re most likely going to think this is a typo which it is not: YOU. ARE. REWARDED. FOR. DRINKING. WINE.
THIS IS NOT A DRILL!!!!!!
How does it work? A completely simple point system! You earn points by doing everything from buying wine, to following Black Box on social media. You can learn more about how the process works here, but it’s very easy and this is coming from someone who is extremely terrible at following directions according to literally every elementary teacher I had. So, just to recap: I drink Black Box wine, the more wine I purchase, the more rewards I receive. Post content on social media? Check. That earns you rewards as well. Okay. Sign me up.
If you think I’m not gunning to redeem this inflatable clamshell for the pool by the time summer gets here you are dead wrong, but you can also redeem Sephora gift cards, Uber gift cards, and wine glasses just to name a few things.
Okay wait before we go, we’re toasting, right?
Lift your glass. Eye contact! It’s bad sex for ten years or whatever if you don’t and we cannot afford to risk that.
To you, all of the wonderful women in your life, and the time you get to spend together. Cheers.
Ed. note: This post was sponsored by Black Box. The compensation received in exchange for placement on Wit & Delight is used to purchase props, hire a photographer, write/edit the blog post and support the larger team behind Wit & Delight.
While compensation was received in exchange for coverage, all thoughts and opinions are always my own. Sponsored posts like these allow for the development of additional dynamic content to be produced, unsponsored. Thank you for supporting our partners!
Liz Welle is a professional feelings feeler but gets paid to do social and digital stuff for brands in Minneapolis while occasionally food styling on the side. She lives in Uptown with her boyfriend and their thirteen plants. She is doing her best.