Remember when I use to post playlists and stuff? Yeah, me too. The past year, I’ve lost what faint pulse I had on the music industry. My job in communications and marketing has left me writing emails and tracking 9 different social media accounts at once (not including W&D’s accounts), and the days of sitting at my computer, designing and listening to music, have all but vanished.
It’s gotten so bad, Joe lovingly said to me just last week, “Remember when we first started dating and you had good taste in music?” To be fair, I was listening to Ke$ha’s Timber at the time. So, there’s that.
Luckily, my co-worker and creative counterpart at North Corp, Charlie Ward, has incredible taste in many things. Charlie is a musician and photographer who’s also a beer-drinking, hot wing-loving good time. I’ve asked him for music recommendations more than once, and now is as good a time as ever to get a little music knowledge dropped on us all.
So here’s the fantastic mixtape Charlie made just for W&D. We’ve been listening to it in the studio all day, and I think you’re really going to like it. It’s a mix of Charlie’s current favorite jams, and includes a few local Twin Cities bands, some of his super talented musician friends, and a few classics, of course.
Guest Mixtape: Charlie B. Ward, Photographer & Musician
Listen on Spotify here.
1. So Far So Long / Nightlands
2. Ain’t That the Way / Divine Fits
3. Für Hildegard von Bingen / Devandra Banhart
4. Don’t Listen / The Cloak Ox
5. Of the Mother Again / Jim James
6. FFunny FFriends / Unknown Mortal Orchestra
7. Make it Good To Me / Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings
8. Faden Away / 7 Days of Funk
9. You’re Not Good Enough / Blood Orange
10. Chinatown / Destroyer
11. Only A Child / Night Moves
12. Á tout á l’heure / Bibio
13. Wildfire (feat. Little Dragon) / Sbtrkt
14. Between The Walls / Efterklang
15. Never Follow Suit / The Radio Dept.
16. Seven Sisters / The Shouting Matches
17. I Was There / The War On Drugs
18. To Baby / Vetiver
19. Pretend / bbGun
20. Love Is a Battlefield / Halloween, Alaska
Photo: Charlie B. Ward