Lazy Weekend Recovery

Health & Wellness

happy monday! how was your weekend? i had my wisdom teeth removed last friday, so my weekend was spent with a tub of ice cream, and many, many hours of netflix rentals (amélie, eternal sunshine of the spotless mind, breakfast club, and a little demetri martin stand up, to name a few). i was little woozy all weekend, but all of the pampering from nick left me feeling warm and fuzzy inside. he made the most delicious creamy potato and sausage soup, ice cream sundaes, and chocolate pudding for me. in return, he was rewarded with drug-induced stand up comedy, courtesy of yours truly. i was happy as a clam when i came out of surgery, drawing hearts with my index fingers, in love with everyone, and everything.

image via we heart it

BY Kate Arends - August 9, 2010

1. EK

August 9th, 2010 at 12:34 pm

A weekend in bed – sounds lovely. Reminds me of 30 Rock, when Liz meets a man in the recovery room after dental surgery and they decide they are in love. Hilarious story arc – definitely look it up if you haven’t seen it already!

August 9th, 2010 at 1:05 pm

haha- i love that episode. one of my girlfriends had her wisdom teeth out ON valentines day this year… she watched the episode that week and texted me “OMG. I’M LIZ LEMON!”

3. Meredith

August 9th, 2010 at 1:10 pm

I’m sorry you just got your wisdom teeth out (not exactly a fun experience), but am glad you had such an enjoyable and relaxing weekend. When I came out of my wisdom teeth surgery, I was talking about my ‘weird dream’ about dragons…most of which my mother could not understand with the gauze in my mouth. 🙂

4. Sarah Pentek

August 9th, 2010 at 2:09 pm

Oh my gosh Kate, I’m dying with this mental image you’ve painted for me!!! You’re so funny, and it reminds me of many drunken nights at 227 Gray Ave =). Well done Nick, icing on the cake for why you two are perfect =). Happy recovery!

5. Happenstance

August 9th, 2010 at 4:54 pm

Oh that is too funny! Well, other than your teeth being pulled from your mouth sounds like a really nice, relaxing weekend!

6. Ana

August 10th, 2010 at 10:11 am

My friend got his wisdom teeth taken out recently and when he woke up he was convinced that his doctor was Tiger Woods.
    To his credit, they do look a lot alike.
    It was amazing.

7. Audrey

August 10th, 2010 at 1:10 pm

Aw, what a good man. I love that everyone has a wisdom teeth story to tell. Mine is that I don’t have any! Isn’t that weird? Dentist said they just aren’t there. Your post-surgery pain killer high reminds me of that video of the little boy who has just had his front tooth removed and rambles on in the backseat while his dad films him.

“Dad, Is this real life?”

August 10th, 2010 at 1:13 pm

haha! the funny thing is that there IS a video of me… i made nick take one to send to my mom!! it is incredibly embarrassing!

9. Sarah Klassen

August 11th, 2010 at 4:17 pm

I am nearly on the floor in laughter! You poor thing — this is exactly what I have been avoiding for years — yeouch! I hope you feel better soon 🙂

xo