optimistic monday

Health & Wellness

i must be one of the few people who loves DST in the fall. that extra hour is magical and the shorter days are a refreshing change. maybe i enjoyed yesterday so much because this weekend was lovely, for no particular reason really. some how i achieved the perfect mix of work, relaxation, and a little fun, which almost never happens. i always over do it with one of those things.

the highlights:

+ making mac n’ cheese and chocolate chip cookies on friday night

+ working on a girlfriend’s wedding invitations in my pajamas with a big mug of coffee on saturday morning

+ reorganizing closets and drawers after tackling a gigantic pile of laundry

+ dressing up for dinner with friends, followed by obnoxious singing at The Shout House until the wee hours of the morning

+ watching two of my favorite romantic comedies in bed while nick worked late: Annie Hall and Sleepless and in Seattle

+ cooking up a delicious batch of baked orecchiette

+ watching the sunset last night from the comfort of my couch.

i hope you enjoyed this weekend as much as we did.

photo taken by yours truly.

BY Kate - November 8, 2010

1. Anna

November 8th, 2010 at 11:49 am

the stars aligned and the perfect weekend took shape. I love it when that happens! I’m eyeing that orecchiette recipe.
    Best,

Anna

2. JK

November 8th, 2010 at 12:12 pm

this post made me so happy when i saw it on my google reader, that i had to come over here and leave you a comment. i had a similar weekend and felt a sense of calm that i haven’t known in a while. this season’s great, and change can be so tremendously beautiful!

xx,
    jessica

3. Victoria

November 8th, 2010 at 12:24 pm

I love DST too! It always feels a bit ceremonious, like opening the final chapter of the year.
    Plus I love having the extra hour to sleep, read, or see friends.

I’m glad you had such a cozy weekend.

Best,
    Victoria

4. laken

November 8th, 2010 at 6:07 pm

oh, sleepless in seattle! my favorite!

5. Mary

November 8th, 2010 at 6:41 pm

What a happy post! That extra hour unfortunately doesn’t translate to extra sleep when you have kids, but I can still appreciate it.

6. lauren

November 8th, 2010 at 8:28 pm

{sigh}

that sounds dreamy – a perfect weekend!
    an inspiration

-L

7. Kayla @ Exquisite Banana

November 8th, 2010 at 10:32 pm

your weekend sounds idyllic and that photo is all sorts of glorious. I love your personal posts (well, I love all of your posts but this one was extra awesome).

8. Erica

November 9th, 2010 at 12:35 am

I dressed as Annie Hall last weekend for Halloween. Only a few people knew who I was, but it provided quite a lot of self satisfaction because I just LOVE that movie 🙂

9. Becca

November 10th, 2010 at 3:22 pm

I love this idea for a post – you definitely just spun DST for me!

Becca