faux bangs

Beauty

to cut or not to cut? that is the question i won’t be asking anymore! when i saw this picture of the gorgeous Rebekka and her long healthy locks, a little light bulb went off in my head. so i tried out this look today and it’s a really fun way to change up your current cut.

just sweep your hair across the opposite side of your natural part, fasten with a few bobby pins, and there you have it!

now, if i could only find a way to master the faux bob…

source: we the people, via endeavor collection

BY Kate - June 9, 2011

1. Whitney Johnson

June 9th, 2011 at 11:51 am

i’m always so tempted to cut bangs, but i totally did this yesterday and can’t believe how well it works! looks great on you πŸ™‚

2. Desi

June 9th, 2011 at 12:20 pm

when you get that faux bob perfected look me up;)

3. Nomadic D

June 9th, 2011 at 12:48 pm

Very cute. Unfortunately for those of us with many layers cut into our long locks, this doesn’t work so well. Should I just chop all my hair off? I can’t stop thinking about it since I posted this the other day…

I know I’m just going to chicken out though…

4. Formerly Demented Dad

June 9th, 2011 at 2:04 pm

I believe this is an old concept, created by men… Nice comb-over, Kate!
    Love you!

FDD

June 9th, 2011 at 2:11 pm

HILARRRRRIOUS, Dad πŸ˜‰

love!

6. Bonnie

June 9th, 2011 at 4:57 pm

Faux bob!

June 9th, 2011 at 4:59 pm

8. jaclyn @ thelateafternoon

June 9th, 2011 at 9:38 pm

such a good idea and so cute!! might have to give this a try because im too terrified to chop off my hair for bangs!

9. amber

June 9th, 2011 at 10:07 pm

I think that a fringe/bangs would look really lovely on you. I envy people who can pull it off! My hairline and hair texture just don’t work, but I love fringes on other people. Be brave and go the chop!

10. pixelhazard

June 12th, 2011 at 6:41 am

Oh what a good idea for when I’m growing out my bans and gets restless

Bright Green Laces

11. Meghan

June 12th, 2011 at 8:50 pm

Cute Kate! You definitely pulled it off!

12. rubi

June 22nd, 2011 at 4:55 pm

i do the same thing to hide my bangs when i’m sick of them. ha! it looks great on you!
    oh and i love faux bobs, they’re easy breezy, keep practicing and you’ll get that one down too!

13. dreamer-lover-seeker

July 17th, 2011 at 2:15 am

Wow! That’s such a great idea! I’ll definitely try that…once my ill-fitting bangs grow out!

14. Randa