Kate Gets A Make Over

Beauty

Wow, this weekend was great. The rainy Saturday I spent with my friends at Juut Salonspa was refreshing and relaxing! I’ll share a few skincare tips and simple up-do tutorial over the next week, but I wanted to start with pictures from the “Day of Beauty” at Juut Salonspa.

I never thought I would say this, but a little bit of blonde is definitely more fun! Not to say I’d ever stray from my naturally brunette locks, but the balayage treatment was just the change I needed. Pair the new ‘do with a bright coral lip, and I felt totally made over. Just a few small changes is all it takes to shake things up!

A few new products I fell in love with during my visit: Aveda Lip Treatment and Pure Abundance Hair Potion. Both will be hard-working tools in my beauty arsenal.

If you are a Minnesotan, be sure to check out Juut’s first annual “Daymaker Benefit” supporting Angel Foundation. I’ll be there to enjoy the fashion show and to support Juut’s amazing Daymakers and the Angel Foundation. Check it out and let me know if you’ll be there too!

BY Kate - April 11, 2012

1. Jenna

April 11th, 2012 at 7:01 am

Glad to hear you are lovin’ on the magic dust!

2. Jennifer

April 11th, 2012 at 7:27 am

I’ve heard about that hair thickening treatment and that it works wonders. I think I’m ready to give it a try!

3. Nomadic D

April 11th, 2012 at 9:42 am

Sounds like a magical day of pampering! Totally with you on the blonde bits, they always manage to bring a little extra light and life into your face, even if the overall color of your hair is darker. Looking forward to the tips and tricks you learned!

4. Georgina

April 11th, 2012 at 11:05 am

You look gorgeous! I’ll definitely need to try that lip treatment, thank you for sharing!

5. Laura @ anglopologie

April 11th, 2012 at 11:13 am

I like the new look! Although a word of warning I too used to love pure adbundance but for some reason mine kept glooping together about half way through the bottle so I’ve moved on to Bumble and Bumble texture!

6. Refresh Me | Second Glance | Fashion Recycling - Women's Consignment Clothing - Corvallis, OR

April 11th, 2012 at 12:05 pm

[…] having one of those days, and this post on Kate’s blog only increased the feeling […]

7. EmilyL

April 11th, 2012 at 12:50 pm

I love your hair color and coral lipstick! Both are so cute and I’m inspired to try it myself. Thanks for posting!

8. rubi

April 11th, 2012 at 1:23 pm

i love the aveda pura abundance! I’m always afraid of it shaking up too much in my hair kit and dissolving before getting to use it though. haha

April 11th, 2012 at 1:31 pm

rubi! thanks for the tip. you actually came up during my styling session! i shared your blog with my stylist 🙂

10. Kasey

April 11th, 2012 at 4:44 pm

Looking fabulous, lady! Look at those gorgeous locks!

11. Helena - A Diary of Lovely

April 12th, 2012 at 5:42 pm

you look gorgeous! the color and subtle waves really suit you!

12. kat @ dot dot dash

April 16th, 2012 at 12:16 pm

beautiful! love that they post make up guide, such a simple idea
    x kat