W&D Loves: From Cover to Cover

Lifestyle

I tip my hat to book cover designers. It’s not an easy task. In my opinion, it requires the designer to strike the perfect balance between conceptually intriguing visuals and clearly communicated information, while considering the author’s vision and intent.

So you can imagine the fit I threw over this killer project by designer Jenny Volvovski called From Cover to Cover. After completing a novel, Jenny illustrates and designs book covers based on her interpretation. The covers are loosely unified by color and style, but each is a uniquely beautiful, singular expression of the novel. And cue designer hard on.

Well done, Jenny!

BY Kate - July 13, 2012

1. Amanda

July 13th, 2012 at 7:06 pm

holy wow, these are great. wish i had come up with this idea…

2. Anabela

July 13th, 2012 at 7:46 pm

The Lonely Polygamist made me laugh out loud! These are great.

3. Sarah Carlson

July 13th, 2012 at 8:01 pm

What a fantastic project. Props to her interpretation and then execution of the titles. I would love to have these as prints in a library, or let’s be honest, any room.

4. Ally

July 13th, 2012 at 8:17 pm

These are so beautiful! And of the books here I’m familiar with, I much prefer these illustrations to the actual covers.

5. Kate Monteith

July 15th, 2012 at 7:56 pm

You should check out Gabriele Wilson’s work. She was my professor of book cover design a couple years back at Parsons and she is truly inspiring!

July 16th, 2012 at 9:05 pm

will do! thx kate πŸ™‚

7. Jeane M.

July 16th, 2012 at 12:23 am

Truly agree with this. Cover designers are brilliant people because sometimes I really judge the book by its cover, literally. πŸ˜€

8. Blue Bergitt

July 18th, 2012 at 4:28 pm

Gorgeous!

9. Happy Weekend!

July 20th, 2012 at 10:11 am

[…] Just ordered a skirt (although it won’t fit for a while). What a beautiful project. (via Wit & Delight) Tweet Pin It Print Cancel […]

10. Milie

July 26th, 2012 at 2:08 am

That is such a great idea to do that ! And I love her interpretation of each book…Genius !