W&D Style: The Floor Sweeping Cardigan Look

Fashion & Style

Wit-and-Delight-Long-Cardigan

I’m excited to introduce my first style contributor to Wit & Delight, Alecia Zasiebida! Alecia runs the lifestyle blog Likes of Us and has incredible eye. Alecia and I have fun history- we worked together on her wedding invitations! We’ve become internet friends since then, and I’m excited for what she has in store for you all. You can read more about Alecia on the W&D About page, or over at Likes of Us.

I’m pretty certain I live in the same cardigan all winter long (no shame). So, of course these looks are speaking my style language. The floor-grazing cardigan is a great option as we (hopefully sooner rather than later) transition from winter to spring. And, the best part is I find it just as easy to throw on over your favorite pair of jeans and t-shirt combo, as it is to dress up with some fancy footwear. Either way, it looks attainable and comfortable – two of my favorite things. – Alecia

LOOKS:  one |  two |  three | four | five

BY Kate Arends - February 27, 2014

1. Jessica (Coco/Mingo)

February 27th, 2014 at 10:52 am

So excited to see Alecia over here! A, you and I are thinking exactly the same today – yesterday I went shopping and bought 2 longer cardigans for the spring transition. I’m just like you, I LIVE in cardigans and sweaters all winter so I’ll have withdrawals when it comes to summer! haha!

February 27th, 2014 at 10:53 am

She’s great, isn’t she?? Glad you’re excited!

3. Sarah (Safaris and Sunsets)

February 27th, 2014 at 11:11 am

Yes! Love you both + very excited for this collaboration in the future!

4. Michelle

February 27th, 2014 at 11:20 am

Good ideas on how to wear this piece. I have one but struggle with it at times. I tend to go for the short dress underneath. 🙂

5. Chelsea

February 27th, 2014 at 11:30 am

Go Alecia go! So excited to see you here on W&D. Loving all of these cozy cardigans… I’m always down for any excuse to dress in something that could pass as pjs. 😉

6. Kristyn @ Milk + Crown

February 27th, 2014 at 11:37 am

Love Alecia, so excited to see her over here! And such a great post too–I’m totally digging these cardis 🙂

7. Victoria

February 27th, 2014 at 12:19 pm

Seriously the best combo, kate + alecia. So happy to see Alecia on here, her style and design are impeccable.

I have yet to get myself one of these floor-sweeping cardigans, but you know I absolutely LOVE them. Comfy and chic, that’s what it’s all about.

8. Tiffany

February 27th, 2014 at 4:01 pm

Fabulous post, Alecia! I was way ahead of the trend… Bought my long cardi several yrs back. Probably time for a new one, good excuse to go shopping 🙂

9. Michelle

February 27th, 2014 at 6:05 pm

LOVE Alecia!

10. Jamy

February 27th, 2014 at 7:38 pm

So very excited for this collaboration. It is like two of my favorite lifestyle bloggers came together in the most amazing way….sorta like a surprise party I didn’t know about. Congrats again, Alecia. And Kate, bravo for selecting a good one! xo.

11. 8 Things of Note | Clementine Daily

February 28th, 2014 at 2:00 pm

[…] An ode to the floor-sweeping cardigan. […]

12. Wit & Delight | The SW6

March 1st, 2014 at 6:05 pm

[…] & Delight is another favourite blog – not least because I read Kate’s post about long cardigans being on-trend while wearing a long cardigan, which made me feel lovely and smug – but also check out her […]

13. Hot Now | AVE(C)LASSE

March 12th, 2014 at 10:08 pm

[…] cardigan habille facilement toutes les tenues sans négliger de nous garder bien au chaud. Le site Wit&Delight nous suggère quelques façons sympa de se […]

14. Cardigans And Sweaters – Know More About Them in Yoga | Dog Apparel Resource

March 17th, 2014 at 4:39 pm

[…] there is so much comfort in cardigans and sweaters as they won’t get […]

15. Jenmarie

March 19th, 2014 at 11:14 pm

I’m obsessed with floor-length cardigans! I only have one and definitely want to expand it to a few 😉

16. Cheers to the Weekend | Elizabeth Isabella