W&D Style: Chop, Chop!

Beauty

springhair

I have rocked my long hair, don’t care, policy for a while now (probably a term I should retire, but I’m still saying it anyway). In the past, I’ve been reluctant to any hair change, and is the reason why I have had the same hairstyle for over 5 years. So, it’s about time to mix things up. Lately everywhere I go, I’ve been seeing these shorter hair do’s (Kate’s included), which has inspired me to do a little chop-chop myself for the upcoming warm weather. The last thing I want/need in 100% humidity is anything stuck to the back of my neck. And, while I might not be brave enough to go super short like option one or two, since I have serious emotional scars from a few bad haircuts, I’m still looking to shed more than a couple inches. Though the question remains, bangs or no bangs? It seems like such a commitment. – Alecia

ONE TWO THREE FOUR

BY Kate - March 20, 2014

1. Abby

March 20th, 2014 at 9:49 am

Look 4 is pretty much my ideal hair look.

Abby

2. Brittany

March 20th, 2014 at 10:27 am

So brave! i just chopped 7 inches off my hair, and I really don’t know what to do with it now!!!! Long hair was easier to do, but maybe I just haven’t figured out how to style it yet? It’s been tough, but I really do love all of these styles!! Just need to figure out how to work with my hair!

3. Niki

March 20th, 2014 at 12:08 pm

Look 4 is short?! Alexa Chung makes every hair “wish list” I ever make. I had that exact cut and loved the bangs way more in the winter than the summer…too hot.

4. Robin

March 20th, 2014 at 3:24 pm

It’s really a question of how your hair grows. If it grows forward naturally, go bangs. But if you have any kind of cowlick, say hello to frequent bang washes and flat ironing. I had bangs all through my teen years and then I said F-this, I’m growing them out. Now I never have to worry about how squished they look under a hat, or that annoying stage when they’re long enough to poke my eyeballs. Still, my mom is ALWAYS saying, “Why don’t you get bangs again? So cute.” Nooooo, never agaaaiin, Mom.

5. Kristin B

March 20th, 2014 at 6:17 pm

I wish I had the guts to do some serious chopping, but the thought that it’ll take me years to grow back to my current length makes me panicky. Bad short hair cut emotional scars here, too. 😉

I’ve had bangs most of my life, so trust me when I say bangs in the summer is the absolute WORST. If you don’t like the idea of long hair sticky to you in humidity, bangs sticking to your forward is torture. They get all sweaty, and flat, and just yuck. So glad I grew mine out last year. (Just my 2c.)

6. Cary

March 20th, 2014 at 9:15 pm

Today, I went to thee beachfront with my children.
    I found a sea shell and gave it to mmy 4 year old daughter and said
    “You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear.” Shee putt
    the shell to her ear and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched hher
    ear. Shhe never wants to go back! LoL I know
    this is totally off topic but I had to tell someone!

7. Sarah | Safaris and Sunsets

March 21st, 2014 at 9:31 am

I’ve had longer hair for as long as I can remember, but I recently cut mine short! Just long enough to brush my shoulders and I absolutely am in love with it. It’s the best look I’ve had in a while! Go for it girl!

8. Amy @ The American-Made Guide to Life

March 22nd, 2014 at 8:32 am

#2 or #3. Yes!

9. Jamy

March 22nd, 2014 at 11:32 am

I have been seriously contemplating this as well. I have never had short hair but for some reason, with all these great looks our there, I want it. My hair stylist though, told me she had to think about it. Ha! Now I am 50/50. Love the post.

10. darling

March 22nd, 2014 at 11:46 pm

definitely chop it, definitely no bangs.

11. Jessica

March 23rd, 2014 at 1:26 pm

As someone who has long and short hair all my life. Cutting your hair is the most liberating thing you can do. A few years ago, I had hair past my shoulders and chopped it into a pixie cut. It was wonderful to have short hair. I know it’s scary to chop off hair because what if it looks bad (we have all had those regrettable haircuts) but it is hair and will grow back. That’s my two cents! Go for a big cut!!

12. Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

March 25th, 2014 at 3:56 am

Every winter break I like to chop my hair off up to my shoulders, and then I let it grow out for a year and a half or two 🙂 I love the change! Last winter breaks I got bangs, but I wish I didn’t, because I’m a very practical person and my bangs kept getting in my face. And also there’s that awkward time when your bangs aren’t long enough or short enough to do anything with 😛