W&D Style: The Scarf Trick

Fashion & Style

scarfroundupw&d‘Tis the season for wearing a million layers, and no winter wardrobe is complete without a few scarves, right?  I wear my favorites religiously (mainly for warmth not style points); however, I haven’t quite mastered the art of how to tie my scarf (other than throw it on and walk out the door.) And, I always admired those girls who even in the midst of blizzard-like conditions somehow still look incredibly chic?  Curses. How on earth do they do it? Maybe their trick is how they wear the only visible accessory in the winter months – the scarf. So, here are a few ideas that make me want to seriously step up my scarf game. Now I’m on it. – Alecia

Looks: ONE TWO THREE FOUR FIVE SIX SEVEN EIGHT

BY Kate Arends - March 11, 2014

17 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
March 11, 2014 4:11 pm

I want to master the scarf thing too! I wear my big, black, wooly one religiously but want to switch it up. These are great images–good inspiration!

Much love,
Tori

Kathy
March 11, 2014 6:18 pm

I could sure use a few scarf tying lessons myself! Maybe these visuals will help! Thanks!

Kathy

March 11, 2014 10:15 pm

I really like your blog.. very nice colors & theme.
Did you design this website yourself or did you hire someone
to do it for you? Plz respond as I’m looking to create my own
blog and would like to find out where u got this from.
many thanks

March 12, 2014 10:58 am

I wish I could pick a favorite but no way! Oversized cuddly scarves are the best 🙂

March 13, 2014 2:24 pm

A scarf makes for some seriously effortlessly cool looks, always.

March 13, 2014 8:34 pm

Hard to choose, but I’m pretty sure that eight is my favorite!

March 15, 2014 11:36 am

Yup. I have a few scarves that get worn wrapped around my neck pretty much October to April.

March 22, 2014 6:40 am

Loving this guide. Pinning immediately. Especially intrigued by the double-scarf action in 5 & 6 (or is 6 a poncho-scarf combo? no matter, love it regardless). Thank you!!

March 23, 2014 10:45 pm

This will be so great in a couple of months when it gets freezing cold where I’m staying. Yeay to layering & scarves! 😀

[…] 3.) How to tie a scarf in the most chic {8!} ways possible- love this! […]

November 24, 2014 2:41 am

[…] 1. Cómo ponerse un pañuelo sin perder ni una pizca de estilo, más bien al contrario….  aquí […]

February 17, 2015 9:41 pm

[…] It’s officially scarf weather!  8 different ways to wear Fall’s greatest accessory. […]

June 24, 2016 10:44 am

[…] and feel fairly awesome even though it’s freezing. Have fun with layers. Play around with scarves. Head back inside before you get frostbite, jump into a cozy outfit, sip on a hot drink, and build […]

I really like your blog.. very nice colors & theme.

Most-read posts: