W&D STYLE: OFF TO EUROPE

Fashion & Style

europepacking
All of my dreams are about to come true next week, because I will be heading to Paris and Amsterdam for a few days!!! It has been over ten years since my last trip to Europe, so you can imagine my excitement (prepare for my over usage of the exclamation point in this post)!!!

TRAVEL: Hole and Corner Magazine | Kate Spade Travel Wallet | J Brand Mid Rise Skinny Jeans | A.P.C Cropped Baseball T-Shirt | Joie Slip On Sneakers

When I found out we were also heading to Paris on this European adventure, I immediately started to mentally pack my entire wardrobe and plan every outfit. I can admit that I’m an over thinker thus an over packer. I clearly remember one instance in the airport I had to begrudgingly remove many items from my suitcase because it was way too heavy. When I unzipped my suitcase in front of the long line behind me, my underthings were in clear site (note to self – underwear and other intimate items should be tucked far away in the bottom of your bag) alongside the 3o minutes it took me to decide what to leave behind. I’m aiming to NOT relive that embarrassing moment over again. I was also 14 back then, and hopefully, I’m a little wiser with this packing stuff.

europepacking2

Cropped Leather Camisole | Samantha Chang Lace Victoria Bra | Elizabeth and James Leather Backpack | Zara Khaki Blazer | Freda Salvador Patent Leather Oxfords | Le Labo Rose 31 Perfume

This time around, I’m trying my best to edit my suitcase from unnecessary things, which will leave me room to bring back a few items. So far, I think I’m off to a good start with rotating outfits that are a mix of casual for travel, and dressier for the nights out.

europepacking3

Zara Pointy Shoes with Ankle Strap | Koret Ori Clutch | Uniform Wares Satin Gold Watch | Loxton Leather Moto Jacket | Monki White Sleeveless Tee

And, since this trip was planned last minute with my husband Jon, we really don’t have much of an itinerary in Paris. It’s a little scary, but can also be a recipe for a whole lot of unexpected fun. Even though we will be in Amsterdam to take care of some things, I would still love any and all suggestions if you have been to either place! Fire away! –ALECIA

Contributor Copy-01

BY Alecia Zasiebida, Style Contributor - June 3, 2014

1. Mae

June 3rd, 2014 at 9:07 am

How fun Alecia! Kate follows me on Instagram and we’ve been in contact about must-visits in Amsterdam, but feel free to take a look, http://instagram.com/maevdkrogt. Let me know if I can help with anything else!

June 3rd, 2014 at 10:06 am

I can concur! I love following Mae on Instagram!

3. jenna

June 3rd, 2014 at 9:33 am

yay! i just got back from paris on saturday, and let me tell you – BEST TIME EVER. pro tip: everyone told me it was going to be gorgeous weather; it was not. it’s unseasonably cold and wet, boo! make sure to pack a light jacket or two and some shoes you’re ok getting wet. 🙂 my fave spots: The Broken Arm (Garance Doré approved) in Le Marais, Merci, FrenchTrotters, beautiful (sounds weird, but seriously amazing) taxidermy store Deyrolle, and of course the gorgeous Jardin du Luxembourg. have a blast!!

June 3rd, 2014 at 10:36 am

LOVED your pictures, Jenna. Thank you for the recommendations!

5. Sally

June 3rd, 2014 at 10:21 am

How exciting, hope you have an amazing time! I always over-pack too, it’s so hard not to! Loving the APC striped top!
    Paris recommendations – Le Marais is my favourite area, and the pompidou centre is my favourite gallery! Enjoy!

6. Alecia

June 3rd, 2014 at 10:44 am

Thanks everyone for the help!!! I’m writing this all down.

7. Noelle

June 3rd, 2014 at 10:49 am

How lovely! I was in Paris back in February, it is my favorite city in the world. I would definitely visit Montemartre for a day or two, a fairly short metro ride from anywhere in the city. There is also the flea market located outside Montemartre, a great place to hunt for early century French treasures. And check out Odette, a charming cafe located steps away from Notre Dame. I shared some photos from my trip on my blog here: http://noelleann.com/category/travel/

Have a wonderful trip!

8. Chelsea

June 3rd, 2014 at 11:03 am

I’m so excited for you Alecia! You’re gonna have so much fun in Europe… Paris and Amsterdam are a few of my favorite cities. I love every single thing you’re packing too!

9. Jade Sheldon-Burnsed

June 3rd, 2014 at 12:49 pm

If you love a good cup of coffee, stop by Telescope! I miss Paris SO much! My husband and I went to London and Paris last September and are trying to plan a return visit next Spring. Have an incredible time!

10. corina nika

June 3rd, 2014 at 1:01 pm

Everything is crazy good! can i hire you as my stylist?!

11. Sheila

June 3rd, 2014 at 2:55 pm

Love the black pants! Where are they from?

12. Alecia

June 3rd, 2014 at 7:18 pm

Sheila I’m so sorry that wasn’t credited. similiar pants are from Zara http://www.zara.com/us/en/woman/trousers/leggings/legging-style-trousers-with-zipper-c401016p1712521.html

I Have these ones, and they are amazing! Hope this helps you 🙂 Thanks

13. Kristina

June 4th, 2014 at 5:07 am

I was in Amsterdam a little over a month ago and it was amazing! One of my new favorite cities, for sure. Visit Mendo for crazy cool design books, Moooi for quirky Dutch design, Finch for awesome coffee, the Foam museum for photography, the Stedelijk for contemporary art and Wilde Zwijnen for delicious food!! The Jordaan neighborhood is the coolest : ) And rent bikes if you can! Happy travels!

I know you’re inundated with info, but I blogged about our trip here: http://abroadathome.wordpress.com/2014/04/23/amsterdam-for-the-weekend-part-1/
    and here: http://abroadathome.wordpress.com/2014/04/24/amsterdam-for-the-weekend-part-2/

14. Kate (shoegirlinDE)

June 4th, 2014 at 7:59 am

Fantastic style picks – and a fantastic trip! Two of my favorite cities, besides my own, of course (Berlin). A couple of my favorite places: the bar at Candelaria in Paris and De Kaaskamer in Amsterdam for nuts, cheese and the best ham and cheese on baguette (even better than Paris). Have a great trip!

15. Alecia

June 4th, 2014 at 9:26 am

Thanks so much Kate!

16. Dee R

June 4th, 2014 at 10:31 pm

My husband and I visited London, Paris and Amsterdam in early May. We had a blast. Paris weather was wet, cloudy and cool. On our last day the weather was perfect. Amsterdam was wet all the time and not my favorite. Enjoy!

17. Carrie

June 4th, 2014 at 10:38 pm

Am soooo diggin’ the cropped baseball t-shirt. It sort of similar to our BASIC STRIPE TEE by Millie Loves Min (please see below) which we currently carry at StyleCloset. I love how cool and chic your choices are while still being comfy. I’m also so into your blog. i always enjoy going through your posts specifically the picks in clothes. Keep it up! Cheers! 🙂

18. Alecia

June 4th, 2014 at 11:30 pm

Dee that’s a bummer you had such wet weather. 🙁 I am sure I will love Paris rain or shine. I can’t imagine not liking that city for any reason.

19. Anne

June 5th, 2014 at 10:17 am

Paris is the best! You must do brunch/lunch at Mariage Freres. The tea is incredible, but the food is so french and classic you’ll die.

Would also recommend trolling the Marais for small vintage shops, there are a few right off the Place des Voges were i found beautiful things.

Dinner at Brasserie Bowfinger and hot chocolate at Angelina are also musts!

20. what's in your summer overnight bag? - Kate Uhry Photo

June 20th, 2014 at 7:09 am

[…] and put all your “delicates” in the bottom of the the bag. Read this story here on W&D for the why. It cracked me […]

21. LATELY OBSESSED: MEN’S WEAR | Cocorinna

September 11th, 2015 at 1:06 am

[…] this week while i was catching up with blogs, i swooned over Alecia’s guest post at W&D. I realised how obsessed i am with men’s wear, but also always terrified to go all […]