Sneak Peek: Wit & Delight for Target Launches Sept 14!

Lifestyle

324476_DinnerFor2_Pin12_4x5 (1)

I can’t believe the Wit & Delight for Target launch is almost here! The product line will be available in stores and on line Sept 14, and over the next couple weeks, I’ll be sharing product features, recipes, DIY tutorials, and behind the scenes images. Eek! Before we get to all that, I wanted to share a little bit more about the inspiration behind my collection.

900f4d0e47a727c9388f03569f66aadf

When we set out to design this collection, I kept coming back to why I love to host gatherings. And I kept getting the same answer. I host parties to bring my friends and family together. To connect good people with good people, to make them feel comfortable and happy. To make them laugh. When I think back to the best parties I’ve been to, I remember our conversations, belly-aching laughter, the good drink, the good food. These parties are less about the occasion, and more about the mood and the company.

But life gets busy and sometimes we find it hard to make time for get-togethers thrown just for the sake of it. I wanted this collection to make it easier for people to throw those “just because” parties. I wanted to make it easy to plan and simply elegant.

6549d24ec28d85c46d6d6a33f85706ab

So we designed the collection with versatility and usability in mind. And when you introduce beer– arguably the world’s greatest equalizer into the equation–  you’ve got a winning combination. Beer drinker or not, there’s a little something for everyone in the product line.

trays-blog-post

The collection includes some thoughtful paper products (table liners, snack caddies, geometric paper bowls, and graphic liners) and many high-quality stoneware and glass pieces (growlers, vases, tea lights, serving platters, and elegant beer steins). We also designed some fun reusable pieces, including a set of kitschy tea towels, playing cards, gold bottle opener, cork coasters, and a variety of candles that make a great focal point on a table.

The beer element comes into play with our all-in-one beer tasting kit (which includes disposable glasses and tasting sheets), notebooks to store your tasting notes, beer buckets fitted with a bottle opener, chalkboard tape for blind beer tastings, and pencils printed with witty sayings on them like “This is my six pack”, and “Beerly Beloved.”

What I love most about the collection is how versatile the pieces are. You can use the chalkboard tape for name tags, or turn the paper bowls into hanging air plant containers. The table runner can be used to wrap sandwiches or a bouquet of flowers. It’s all about how you make these pieces your own.

084639aaf4047ba2963ff16328ce033c

I’m really proud of what we’ve created, and I hope the collection inspires you to host a “just because” party this fall. Look for more updates on the product line over the coming weeks! For the latest, follow our Wit & Delight for Target Pinterest board.

BY Kate - August 27, 2014

1. kristin @ W [H] A T C H

August 27th, 2014 at 10:08 am

congratulations — i cannot wait to see your line! these images are gorgeous, plus we just bought a house so i am in full on decorating mode!

2. melissa hernandez

August 27th, 2014 at 10:17 am

This looks amazing! I’m so happy when this kind of collaboration happens and beautiful things are more accessible to everyone. Can’t wait to get that bottle opener and the vases. Great work 🙂

3. Jessica

August 27th, 2014 at 10:24 am

Such beautiful pieces! Will the collection be available in Canadian stores? We want in on the gorgeousness too!

August 27th, 2014 at 10:29 am

Hi Jessica! Yes, the collection will be in Canadian stores, too! 🙂

5. Jenna

August 27th, 2014 at 10:47 am

swooning! i am so excited for this!!

6. Madeline [madelinemade]

August 27th, 2014 at 11:45 am

oh my gosh…kate, i can’t wait to see it all.
    the dishes and tray are excellent.

7. Molly

August 27th, 2014 at 11:47 am

Looks great! Is the gold flatware part of the collection?

8. Alyson

August 27th, 2014 at 12:58 pm

I’m really excited for your collection Kate! the beer tasting tray – SO good!

9. lauren

August 27th, 2014 at 1:51 pm

ahhhhh! so happy for you!!! congratulations, kate!

10. Karen | Char Co.

August 27th, 2014 at 2:20 pm

I am eagerly awaiting Sept 14th! Thanks for letting us know!!!

11. Jade Sheldon-Burnsed

August 27th, 2014 at 6:23 pm

It looks amazing Kate… Bravo…

12. Nicole B.

August 27th, 2014 at 9:01 pm

I am so excited for your collection to come to Target! The product looks amazing. It’s right around my birthday too so I’m thinking maybe a late birthday shopping will need to take place!

13. Thursday Waylay | Peachtree Roadies

August 28th, 2014 at 4:00 am

[…] are super pumped about the Wit & Delight collaboration with Target! Love their idea of throwing a “just because” party. After stocking up on all their new […]

14. | à mesa | | portas basculantes

August 28th, 2014 at 8:44 am

[…] Créditos da Imagem | Wit&Delight […]

15. Chelsea

August 28th, 2014 at 10:35 am

Great products Kate! I love the line screams “you” and isn’t brightened up to be commercial (does that make sense). I’ll definitely be stopping by my local Target on launch day!

16. Eva

August 28th, 2014 at 7:12 pm

I will definitely go out and get some of that stuff!!!

17. Jaclyn

August 28th, 2014 at 10:40 pm

Everything here is honestly so amazing! I love how rustic the pieces look when they are all styled on that table. I can’t wait to pick up a few of these for future parties. Congratulations!

18. Friday Finds - Homey Oh My!

August 29th, 2014 at 7:01 am

[…] Target collabs are major and always so fun to look forward to.  Wit and Delight for Target launches September […]

19. Weekend Memo - A DOSE OF PRETTY

September 5th, 2014 at 12:01 am

[…] Excited for . . . the Wit + Delight for Target launch coming up September 14. Preview more of the collection here. […]

20. Friday Favorites | Cupcakes and Commentary

September 5th, 2014 at 6:06 am

[…] excited about the Wit & Delight Target launch…the geometric platter is on my […]

21. Tanya

September 8th, 2014 at 10:28 am

Congrats, Kate! I’m so happy for you and happy to see your line in stores. Cheers!

September 9th, 2014 at 9:40 am

23. Exclusive ‘Wit & Delight’ Collection Launches at Target | Fabulously Frugal in Vancouver

September 8th, 2014 at 9:47 pm

[…] Wit & Delight for Target launches on September 14th and is available for a limited-time only at select Target stores across Canada (excluding Quebec). … CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION […]

24. sarah engel

September 11th, 2014 at 1:59 pm

This is amazing, how exciting, I am putting 9/14 on the calendar. Can’t wait;) Congratulations.

25. Andrea

September 11th, 2014 at 3:46 pm

This is an AMAZING partnership; I can’t wait! Are the pillows in the first photo part of the collection by any chance?

26. Bring on Friday

September 12th, 2014 at 6:21 am

[…] to wear red and khaki). The new CEO wants to make “Target cool again.” This collection launching September 14 from our own Minneapolis-based Wit and Delight looks like it fits the […]

27. Abbie

November 11th, 2014 at 5:36 am

looks amazing! love how the one photo is stop motion video, that is so fun!

28. Samantha

February 6th, 2015 at 7:51 am

I must have that hanging black sign! I know the line is no longer at target but are you still selling any pieces online anywhere!? Would love to purchase. Thanks!

29. nerdy girl dates: valentine’s day | Nerdy Girl Writes

February 10th, 2015 at 6:55 am

[…] [images: 1, 2] […]

30. Norman

September 7th, 2015 at 3:04 pm

This photo in slow motion is crazy!

31. W&D Products Return to Target - Wit & Delight

June 17th, 2016 at 10:00 am

[…] a path I had hoped I’d somehow find along the way! Just about two years ago, I partnered with Target on a home product launch, which was totally awesome and pretty surreal. Two years later, I’m still in a bit of awe that […]

32. binancelogin

April 16th, 2018 at 4:09 am

Ways to enroll in Binance exchange This article will certainly allow you enroll in Binance exchange account.