Color of the Moment: The Deepest Green

Interiors & Decor

Screenshot 2014-11-09 18.56.47

First it was the palest pink, then it was the deepest navy. Right now, I’m playing favorites with deep, dark greens. Maybe this obsession was sparked by our traditional English tudor house (hunter green is the color of our trim and sunroom)– which I hated a first— and now, couldn’t imagine any other way. This color plays front and center in traditional interiors (think old libraries and smoking rooms), adding substance to even the most modern interiors. I like to think of it as a more adventurous alternative to navy. Could it be that color is making a comeback? Looks like Swedish super stylist Lotta Agtaon is having a moment with deep green, too.

98c01768e5f9e8cd212d85964ebefb7f

Screenshot 2014-11-09 19.28.15

Screen-Shot-2014-11-08-at-17.57.17

Screenshot 2014-11-09 18.58.42

Screenshot 2014-11-09 18.58.17

PS: I’m 100% into Casey Keasler’s bathroom remodel!

Screenshot 2014-11-09 19.08.41

BY Kate Arends - November 9, 2014

1. Theresa

November 9th, 2014 at 9:43 pm

Gorgeous! I especially love it with the subway tile!

Theresa
    underhonesttrees.com

2. Aimee Guzman

November 10th, 2014 at 12:10 am

Ooooh I’m loving this deep green!

3. Kelly • Dear Lovely

November 10th, 2014 at 7:39 am

I would have never thought to incorporate this color into my home. I especially love it with the brass accents.

4. Kara Young

November 10th, 2014 at 10:50 am

I’m always drawn to this color in clothing, especially in the cooler months. But, never would have thought to incorporate it into furnishings, I am loving it with gold accents seen here but any metallic would be lovely!

5. Chelsea Tubbs

November 10th, 2014 at 10:51 am

I’ve always been drawn to foresty greens. I love all of the interesting pops of color in these spaces. Great roundup Kate!

6. Meg K

November 10th, 2014 at 11:43 am

One of my favorite colors lately. SW makes a color called “Black Emerald” that I got a gallon of like a year ago, and only just used it two months ago to paint our fireplace. It’s dark enough that it almost looks black at times. Unreal. I think they only make it in an exterior paint, though. Which still won’t stop me from dousing our entire powder room.

7. wren

November 10th, 2014 at 7:22 pm

i love dark green. it looks especially pretty with the gold mirrors and against the pink couch.

8. Friday Favorites | Cupcakes and Commentary

November 14th, 2014 at 2:14 pm

[…] deep green for […]

9. casey

November 19th, 2014 at 8:36 pm

These images are all gorgeous and I’m super flattered you included my little vanity in the mix. Thanks Kate!

10. sassygirl

November 20th, 2014 at 6:52 am

hmmmm. forest green is dangerous in interior applications. I feel that it gets boring fast and would be replaced by another color…on whatever application. sometimes it works but more than often…not.

11. This Weekend | 55 - s e t t i n g SAILs e t t i n g SAIL

November 28th, 2014 at 7:00 am

[…] to add some holiday colour (red, green) to your space in a non-cliche manner? Check out these great decor ideas that you will want to keep all year […]

12. The Fig's Heart | Weekend Reading.

November 29th, 2014 at 9:49 am

[…] The apartment of my wildest dreams (That bed! Omg.) | Colour trend: the deepest green | Gorgeous business […]

13. klara

March 2nd, 2015 at 3:16 pm

where are those black tiles from?

14. Great Juicing Tips That Everyone Should Check Out | Healthy Eating | Free Tips and Information

March 15th, 2015 at 1:11 am

[…] health reasons, try adding dark leafy greens to them. At least half of the ingredients should be dark greens, such as broccoli or spinach. You can use strawberries or another sweet fruit to even it out and to […]

15. Weekend Wooninspiratie - INTERIOR JUNKIE

May 30th, 2015 at 5:00 am

[…] 1. The Design Chaser. 2. New Zealand Design Blog. 3. Design Sponge. 4. SF Girl by Bay. 5. Design Sponge. 6. Huffington Post. 7.  Luxe Source. 8. Wit and Delight. […]

16. Maia

August 1st, 2015 at 3:06 am

I love the mirrors – any idea where they’re from?

17. tumblr.com/

April 6th, 2017 at 1:13 am

As you know, with improper food storage techniques, saved food can’t remain fresh for long. While there are a variety of food.