The Year That Was

Health & Wellness

il_570xN.645294926_5h94

With 2015 drawing to a close, I wanted to take a look at the year that was. It’s been a crazy year here at Wit & Delight, full of changes and tons of projects.  2015 gave me an opportunity to work with some really amazing people and partner with some great brands. I’m so excited to see what happens in 2016.

2015 highlights (in no particular order):

• Scandinavia! (Travel images here on IG)
  • Allowing myself to be vulnerable.
  • CAMP
  • Meeting with some really amazing entrepreneurs, including Mike Del Ponte from Soma.
  • Mentoring a few up-and-coming designers thanks to the Madesmith Summer Academy program (look for 2016 details this spring!)
  • Home Renovation. This was both a highlight and a challenge this year. So very glad we are no longer commuting to and from Northfield any longer. Home sweet home. Look for a total home reveal this spring!
  • Watching Fossil (pun intended) grow and change. It’s a huge team effort, and I’m very proud to be a small cog in the larger machine.

It being New Year’s Eve, here are a few resolutions for next year:

1. Post more content. On a regular basis. – This is a HUGE priority for me. Admittedly, it’s been tough to carve out time to write, with time spent consulting, so I’d like to take a moment to thank everyone for sticking around.
  2. Drink more water.
  3. Exercise.
  4. Write letters and thank you notes.
  5. Take time to appreciate the little things.
  6. Spend quality time with the important people in my life.
  7. Read more.

What are you trying to accomplish in 2016?

Image: Knotandbow

BY Kate Arends - December 31, 2015

1. Mun

January 3rd, 2016 at 2:41 pm

Go slow and doing one thing at a time 🙂

2. Malorie

January 4th, 2016 at 8:36 am

Read two books this year, be productive during the day so that I can rest with family in the evenings, and meditate for ten minutes a day. Happy New Year Kate.

3. Mailinh

January 4th, 2016 at 3:20 pm

Happy 2016, Kate! Can’t wait to see what you do with 2016.

On my 2016 “to do” list is: travel (for me, not for work), keep writing, obtain a graduate certificate in Non-Profit administration, and start that idea that I’ve been holding on to for a long, long, long time. 🙂

4. Jade Sheldon

January 6th, 2016 at 6:59 pm

You had an incredible year and I’ve loved following along.

I hope to draw & paint more (& maybe turn that into my first published illustrated book). Travel to at least 3 places I’ve never been before. Write down my thoughts on a daily basis. Take care of my skin. Keep the close bond I have with my husband & making even stronger. Focus on forgiveness.

5. Unearthing Hidden Treasures - Wit & Delight

January 8th, 2016 at 9:30 am

[…] the new year, comes change, and one of my goals this year, aside from some of the more traditional resolutions, is to turn my editorial lens on myself. I’ve talked in the past about little changes that […]

6. Madesmith Small Business Consulting - Winter Session - Wit & Delight

January 13th, 2016 at 10:01 am

[…] year, new you. Isn’t that the saying? I’m not the greatest at following through on my resolutions, but I do try my damnedest to give it an honest effort. One of the goals I’ve set up for […]

7. Soft

May 12th, 2016 at 6:01 pm

Nice read! I’ve bookmarked your site and I’m adding your RSS feeds.

8. Love Fun

May 12th, 2016 at 6:03 pm

Delightful year it was. Hope to see you all next year.