Confession: I Haven’t Washed My Hair in a Month

Beauty

Iris-Apfel-Quote

Have you heard about this little miracle product sitting in the back of your pantry? Apple Cider Vinegar. People are raving about it. My mother has used it to clean the house for years. It smells like salad dressing, but evidently, this stuff works wonders. It can detoxify your home. It can regulate the pH of your skin. It can remove stains from teeth. It can give you shinier, fuller hair. Really? Really. This list goes on.

Segway to the crunchiest thing I’ve ever done: gone shampoo-free for over a month. I know, you’re thinking EWWWW, NO– but hear me out– there’s another way to get these results if making your own toiletries isn’t your thing.

acv

Enter: dpHUE’s amazing ACV product. The package is beautiful, and the application tip makes distributing the product easy and mess-free. This ACV product gently removes impurities from hair, increasing softness and shine, and re-balances natural pH. Apple Cider Vinegar’s vitamins, minerals, amino acids and fatty acids remove build-up without harsh surfactants, restoring the natural pH of your hair and sealing the cuticle for noticeably shiny hair.

dpHue has mixed this ancient ingredient with modern technology, infusing ACV by dpHUE with Argan Oil, Fire Tulip, Lavender Extract, Aloe Vera and more. With proteins that can triple the strength of hair and protect from heat styling and breakage, my hair truly looks great. I’ve even been able to ditch my extra thick conditioner because dpHue’s ACV works through tangles gently. It’s a great product for those who want the benefits from ACV with extra benefits.

Details: ACV by dpHue, $35, available for purchase at www.dphue.com.

(If $35 is too steep for your budget, mix 3 parts water with 1 part ACV. Use a spray bottle or squeeze bottle with a fine tip to application!)

Image credit: dpHUE

BY Kate - January 20, 2016

1. Emily

January 20th, 2016 at 9:38 am

Love love love dphue’s ACV!

2. erin

January 20th, 2016 at 9:44 am

my favorite product!!!! Minnesota made too!

3. Sally

January 20th, 2016 at 9:51 am

Question: so you just use this product? No more shampoo or conditioner?

January 20th, 2016 at 9:40 pm

Yep– just this product. I was already only using shampoo once a week, and i only put conditioner on the very tips of my hair. I thought I would need conditioner with ACV but they’ve included oil in the formula and I didn’t need the extra moisture!

5. Fathima

January 20th, 2016 at 10:58 am

Knew ACV was good for lots of things and have used it before, but haven’t tried this use. Going to attempt your home made version 🙂

6. Diane

January 20th, 2016 at 12:04 pm

Thanks for this post! I’m a homemade toiletries convert after discovering all of the benefits of coconut oil. Do you know if ACV works okay on colored/dyed hair?

January 20th, 2016 at 9:39 pm

Hi Diane– The dpHue ACV was developed by a coloring company– so it is specifically made with colored hair in mind. Sounds like a good for you!

8. molly

January 20th, 2016 at 1:19 pm

may i also recommend drinking ACV? mix just a dash with water, honey and a bitter to make switchel (sometimes called “the Amish Gatorade”). it’s stupidly delicious, healthy and surprisingly energizing!

ps. thanks for the uptick in blog posts lately!

January 20th, 2016 at 9:38 pm

Hi Molly– This is super intriguing… i really love vinegar and the drink sounds good! thanks so much!

10. Amanda

January 20th, 2016 at 6:04 pm

I switched to sulfate-free shampoo about a year ago and never looked back. This sounds amazing – usually my hair doesn’t do very well without SOME wash (hello, fine strands), but I’d love to give this a try.

11. Mun

January 21st, 2016 at 6:12 am

Wow. This is intriguing. I’m keen to give it a go too if it’s available here in Australia!

12. KELYA SHOES

January 21st, 2016 at 7:28 am

Very beautiful! This is adorable! I love everything about this post. Discover our portuguese shoes here http://www.kelyashoes.com ! I think you´ll love. Kisses

13. Malorie

January 21st, 2016 at 8:53 am

Not eww at all. I did this for a few months a couple of years ago. I didn’t have ACV as an aid though, just my natural scalp oils (OK, little ew). My mom keeps telling me to do this for my dry scalp. I’m trying it tonight!

14. Thursday Things 01.21.16 - just j.faye

January 21st, 2016 at 9:18 am

[…] you put Apple Cider Vinegar in your hair? I take a watered down shot of it every morning and I think I might try this […]

15. Lindsay

January 21st, 2016 at 9:44 pm

So I’ve been trying this but my hair always looks greasy using this…any ideas??

16. Lisa

January 21st, 2016 at 11:00 pm

Thanks for the tip. What do you do in the shower? Rinse or keep your hair dry?

17. Gwyneth Paltrow's Skincare, Flat Iron Waves - Stylisted

January 22nd, 2016 at 6:00 am

[…] Arends Peters hasn’t washed her hair in a month! Here’s how she’s maintained it without […]

18. mk

January 24th, 2016 at 3:17 pm

do you rinse with water each body shower or do you leave it dry until you’re ready to acv shampoo? how often are you acv shampooing?

19. Kirsten

January 25th, 2016 at 4:01 pm

I’m super confused…how do you use it? In the shower? Sounds really infesting!!!

20. Jean

January 25th, 2016 at 6:06 pm

Has anyone with curly hair tried ACV? I’m curious and have been wanting to switch up my cleansing routine.

21. Samantha

February 1st, 2016 at 11:38 pm

FYI, I think it’s “segue”? But yeah. ACV is the bomb.

22. Lucas

February 12th, 2016 at 3:41 am

It seemed interesting that product, after reading this post I will test it to see if I like. Thanks for sharing.

23. janelle

August 14th, 2016 at 9:34 am

I have colored hair that tends to get super wirey when my roots start growing in (I’m naturally about 85% white already)… would this keep my hair moisturized or at least not super frizzy? I generally have to wash and condition daily or else…

August 15th, 2016 at 9:35 am

The AVC from dpHue has a bit of oil in it, but the point of not washing your hair with shampoo is to promote your natural oils to find their optimal balance! It takes about 2 weeks to a month to balance out. I would put a bit of conditioner on the ends of my hair to protect from split ends. I hope this helps!