“No Detox Diet” Diet

Food & Entertainment

breakfast-pomegranate-yogurt-parfait-1880x1120You may have noticed your social media feeds are lousy with resolutions of eating healthy (guilty!), friends speak of nothing but cleanses and the gym is packed. All of this madness starts to fade away right about when Christmas decorations are taken down and packed away for next year. This year, instead of eating “healthy” I’m just trying to focus on eating “well”. Technically, they probably are all one and the same, but rather than counting calories, the goal is choosing food that is satisfying and tastes amazing.

Thanks to bon appétit I have my menu planned out for the next two weeks.

orange-date-mueslie-with-coconut-and-cacao-nibsQuinoatmeal with Apple and Toasted Walnuts

moroccan-lamb-shanks-with-pomegranate-food-lovers-cleanse-1880x1120Moroccan Lamb Shanks with Pomegranate

dinner-curried-brussels-sprouts-1880x1120Curried Brussels Sprouts, Chickpeas, and Sweet Potatoes

salmon-with-cucumber-yogurt-sauce-and-carrot-salad-food-lovers-cleanse-1880x1120Salmon with Cucumber–Yogurt Sauce and Carrot Salad

All recipes found at bon appétit or you can purchase the Bon Appetit: The Food Lover’s Cleanse: 140 Delicious, Nourishing Recipes That Will Tempt You Back into Healthful Eating online.

Recipe/Image credits (from top):

Pomegranate-Chia Seed Yogurt Parfait (Recipe by Sara Dickerman & Photograph by Danny Kim) // Moroccan Lamb Shanks with Pomegranates (Recipe by Sara Dickerman & Photograph by Michael Graydon & Nikole Herriott) // Quinoatmeal with Apple and Toasted Walnuts (Photograph by Kimberley Hasselbrink & Contributor(s) Sara Dickerman + Marissa Lippert) // Salmon with Cucumber–Yogurt Sauce and Carrot Salad (Recipe by Sara Dickerman & Photograph by Michael Graydon & Nikole Herriott) // Curried Brussels Sprouts, Chickpeas, and Sweet Potatoes (Recipe by Sara Dickerman &Photograph by Danny Kim)

BY Kate Arends - January 16, 2016

1. Merin

January 18th, 2016 at 3:09 pm

Loved the Post!!

Love,
    Merin

January 18th, 2016 at 5:52 pm

Thanks Merin!!

3. Mun

January 18th, 2016 at 4:03 pm

Well done. I’m not a nutrition expert but I find that incorporating a wide variety of “normal” ingredients into meals is sufficient for a great diet and not too straining on the purse. I think I could see some value in superfoods but as per my experience (which is limited), the greatest thing about eating well really is to cook regularly, experiment, and make colourful meals. I’m not sure why I’m talking about superfoods when this post isn’t even about that! Maybe I just have an association (via instagram) between health and acai or goji berries lol.

4. adina

January 18th, 2016 at 4:11 pm

Looks more than delicious! And healthy ! 🙂

January 18th, 2016 at 5:53 pm

The best of both worlds!

6. Himanshu mishra

May 11th, 2018 at 5:06 am

Hey If you want to play the pokers game then here http://ginrummy.me you will play such similar game on your computer gaming device and on your Xbox 360 console without any download.