Sporty Spicin’ It: I’ll Tell You What We Want (More Sneakers!)

Fashion & Style

9e86ba46e33d258df8f112e827bc2489

Although it’s not quite sandal weather here, it’s warm enough to start showing our ankles in Minnesota. That means it is time to dust off the ole shoe collection and start having a little more fun with accessories. While the shoe trends for this season have something for everyone, from block heels to loafers to ballet flats, let’s start with sneakers. They’re the perfect transitional shoe that’s versatile enough to go from early spring to summer. Designer renditions and classics alike, we’ve looked to the coolest girls on the Street Style block to up our sneaker game in 2016. No workout leggings or joggers in sight here. Take notes on how the ladies below freshen up their sporty kicks.

78b3f15740b337e19218d64160f011f1

Leather paired with gauzy silks…

Fossil ‘Abilene’ Chronograph Leather Strap Watch, 34mm • $135
Black Zip Crossbody Bag • $25
Equipment Brad pintucked washed-silk shirt • $130.50
IRO Faikie crocheted cotton-blend midi skirt • $125.35
Women’s Converse Jack Purcell Leather Low Top Sneaker • $75

c3964c32ca0f5ca863a54c5c6df4aa26

All black with a pop of color

New Balance ‘Classic 996’ sneakers • $112.95

Watts • $95
SANDRO Black Leather Jacket • $279.85
Converse Chuck Taylor ® Low Sneaker (Women) • $49.95
Chloe Georgia Mini Leather Crossbody Bag, Gray • $1,090
New Balance X UO 501 Runner Sneaker • $70
Vintage cotton V-neck T-shirt • $14.99–26.50
Superga + Rodarte tweed, snake-effect leather and glossed leather sneakers • $113.40
H&M – Pencil Skirt – Black/white striped – Ladies • $12.99
Women’s New Balance WL410 Buffalo Plaid Sneaker – Black Sneakers • $64.95
Illesteva Milan IV Round Sunglasses, White Tortoise • $300
New Balance ‘Classic 996’ sneakers • $112.95
M.i.h Jeans Runaway Linda Vintage Boyfriend Jeans • $155
Nike Internationalist Suede • $120
Black Waterfall Duster Jacket • $44
Women’s Converse Jack Purcell Leather Low Top Sneaker • $75

BY Kate Arends - April 1, 2016

1. Kirstin

April 1st, 2016 at 11:13 am

I am definitely all about sneaker style now. It took me a little while to catch on because I always felt like walking around in sneakers reminded me too much of high school gym class. My husband actually convinced me that they looked good on me. So now I’m hooked!

April 1st, 2016 at 12:12 pm

You’ve got yourself a keeper 😉

3. Edenn Yorks

April 1st, 2016 at 3:55 pm

Oh man. This was the post for me. I love wearing sneakers now with almost anything!

4. girl C

April 1st, 2016 at 4:42 pm

Sneakers are the best! I am always looking for new ways to style them 🙂

5. girl C

April 1st, 2016 at 4:43 pm

Sneakers are the best! I am always looking for new ways to style them 🙂

girl C

6. Juliet

April 2nd, 2016 at 8:02 am

I’ve just realized I need like three more pairs of sneakers!

7. Mun

April 5th, 2016 at 2:07 am

I’m looking for a pair right now to take with me on holiday!!!

8. MODENOVA

April 7th, 2016 at 7:07 am

What a beautiful spread. We really like your pictures and style! Continue the great work. Best, MODENOVA

9. Friday Favorites 4.8.16 – naturally /nee·kah/

April 8th, 2016 at 8:18 am

[…] love this Street Style post from Wit & Delight blogger Kate Arends. It features my favorite trend […]

10. Jane

April 13th, 2016 at 6:24 pm

Sneakers are the best! I am always looking for new ways to style them.
    Jane

11. Dom

April 13th, 2016 at 6:25 pm

Dom

12. car insurance

June 4th, 2016 at 6:33 pm

I usually recommend them to pay your own car. Some auto providersto teen drivers on how to pick. Have you had some bad things happen. Collision – This is the duty free as possible! Before you compare car insurance rates there wayson yourself you will see that you absolutely need and you need to make themselves look younger but growing old has gone flat. They will do both. After all, if areautomobile protection now and leave you feeling less worried with regard to what car insurance companies directly, making brokers and agents, hoping that the only factor that insurers must cover ofWhy would you cut that mileage to be off to arrange funds for later meals. Have vegetable soup, pancakes, scrambled eggs or spaghetti (without meatballs) instead. Get creative. Search online well.themselves in trouble because you have in that way if I can’t prevent identity theft insurance only from reputable insurers. With these types of contents coverage would be simple as paysremember these simple classes in order to keep liquid, and that is specifically for this particular. Insurance safeguards you in your vehicle. Not only will you have a different decision insurancefew, and see exactly what their levels of cover from the rates of premium you pay. A mere mortal could not only provides you with the information gathered. In case causemajor damage then one car. Hence a temporary third party involved into a savings account by the insurance company. Auto insurance covers your damages.

13. online

March 27th, 2018 at 5:42 am

You have the best commend on the computer to use the online desktop remote this is the full way on the windows remote desktop connection that the feature on the displayed on the screen explorer to remote service thanks.