An Ode to the Caftan

Fashion & Style

e138ef3cb232facf84f5f574a4d37b54

Thank goodness for the caftan… a staple for me, as I’m 35 weeks along and it was 93 degrees last weekend. Pregnant or not, it’s definitely a staple to consider this summer! I’ve got about 4 currently on rotation: two lighter, flowy ones for pool parties and lounging around the house, and two thicker ones in both a solid and a patterned fabric that are perfect for summer dinners. Some of my favorites are below along with some accessories. Hope you guys are staying cool out there.

b2f0c912ba2af34019b1c6a7aac14ad1

rachel-craven-texiles

Rachel Craven Textiles also have some basic caftan styles to choose from. These images are from last season’s collection. I would keep your eyes peeled for more from her. Another one to watch for caftan styles is Hackwith Design House.

ace-and-jig

Another one of my favorite resources for caftans is Ace & Jig. They are famous for their incredibly soft and beautifully patterned fabrics. I have this one in my shopping cart right now.

1f1825878ac8644ec37fce5df763cfd0

If you’re looking for more options, here are some items I’ve pulled from shops to complete that flowy, I-woke-up-like-this look.

The Caftan

Patterned, solid, bright,or neutral, any kind of caftan is ideal as the weather heats up.

1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5

The Perfect Summer Bag

Choose your own adventure! Pick a straw tote for a beach day or farmer’s market run, or a suede number for weekend brunch.

1 / 2 / 3 / 4

The Accessories

Naturally you’ll need a pair of shades and a chic hat.

1 / 2 / 3 / 4

The Shoes

Caftans go with nearly everything: wedges, mules, sandals, it’s totally up to you!

1 / 2 / 3 / 4