285c4dc83bc8e98adad518ef202648de

There are few things more charming than a simple, beautiful cake. Maybe pie. But that’s a story for another blog post. One of my little domestic goals is to become a better baker this year and I’ve decided to start by upping my cake game. I usually stick with my go-to recipe: the Winning Hearts and Minds cake. But I’m running out of friends to make it for, which means I need to add some new heavy hitters to my cake arsenal. We did some digging and found some lovely cakes worthy of try. Who wants to come over and taste test??

d6d55cc196c42e225f8e0c9f80b48e0e

1. Midsummer Berry Cake with Raspberry Filling via Nourish Atelier

f25d120aa782781787b9bbf470d0118a

2. Gluten Free Citrus Almond Cake via La Gallette

2c14c189387a8d9cb97b6f31ad81b99e

3. Orange Almond Cake with Orange Blossom Buttercream via Adventures in Cooking

0252ae63b7a2b185c4c8b01536b64d26

4. Blood Orange Cake with Honey Mascarpone Frosting via Lauren Kelp

83397dc64790c827fccd36fdb67c2086

5. Rose Rhubarb Layer Cake via Vikalinka

21b38d4f8c8781c2e42a2717af001f1b

6. Rustic Hazelnut Blackberry Cake via The Artful Desperado

Don’t forget a pretty cake plate!

Godinger La Cucina Marble Cake Plate • $43.20
Mosser Glass Cake Plate, Jadeite • $32
Mikasa French Countryside 11.5-in. Footed Cake Plate • $32.99
Fiesta Fiesta Cake Plate and Server • $72
Mosser Glass Inverted Thistle Small Cake Plate, Rose • $39

Top Image: Tome – Coffee Shop

All other images and recipes courtesy of respective websites as noted.

BY Kate Arends - August 24, 2016

1. Meg

August 25th, 2016 at 7:49 am

So much pretty. All that deliciousness…no. I must resist! I need to eat healthier! But this all looks so good…

2. Helen

August 26th, 2016 at 11:57 am

These look delicious!!!

XO Helen | http://www.KaleidoscopeSpinning.com

3. Lauren

August 26th, 2016 at 4:21 pm

Wow! These are too pretty to eat.

4. Jessy

August 26th, 2016 at 6:22 pm

omg they all look so pretty and delicious! haha

dorky-and-weird.blogspot.com

Xoxo Jessy

5. Kyraa

August 27th, 2016 at 2:30 pm

your pictures are so beautiful!

6. sidd

September 5th, 2017 at 4:52 am

Always have your chance of getting http://stmkeyscodes.net these codes add cash to your steam wallet. steam wallet gift card add money to your wallet. A wallet codes at any given time.