There are few things more charming than a simple, beautiful cake. Maybe pie. But that’s a story for another blog post. One of my little domestic goals is to become a better baker this year and I’ve decided to start by upping my cake game. I usually stick with my go-to recipe: the Winning Hearts and Minds cake. But I’m running out of friends to make it for, which means I need to add some new heavy hitters to my cake arsenal. We did some digging and found some lovely cakes worthy of try. Who wants to come over and taste test??
2. Gluten Free Citrus Almond Cake via La Gallette
3. Orange Almond Cake with Orange Blossom Buttercream via Adventures in Cooking
4. Blood Orange Cake with Honey Mascarpone Frosting via Lauren Kelp
5. Rose Rhubarb Layer Cake via Vikalinka
6. Rustic Hazelnut Blackberry Cake via The Artful Desperado
Don’t forget a pretty cake plate!
Godinger La Cucina Marble Cake Plate • $43.20
Mosser Glass Cake Plate, Jadeite • $32
Mikasa French Countryside 11.5-in. Footed Cake Plate • $32.99
Fiesta Fiesta Cake Plate and Server • $72
Mosser Glass Inverted Thistle Small Cake Plate, Rose • $39
Top Image: Tome – Coffee Shop
All other images and recipes courtesy of respective websites as noted.
BY Kate Arends - August 24, 2016
Thank you for being here. For being open to enjoying life’s simple pleasures and looking inward to understand yourself, your neighbors, and your fellow humans! I’m looking forward to chatting with you.