Before You Pick Up That White Paint… Consider These Images.

Interiors & Decor

rustic-kitchen-with-chestnut-cabinets

You might regret painting those wood cabinets white after take a look at these beautiful kitchens. There’s something special about letting natural beauty shine and the same goes for kitchens showcasing beautiful wood cabinetry. When in doubt, hold the white paint. You might have a hidden gem on your hands.

ahr0ccuzqsuyriuyrmrly29yzg90cy5jb20lmkz3cc1jb250zw50jtjgdxbsb2fkcyuyrjiwmtulmkywnsuyrndvb2rlbi1raxrjagvulxdoaxrllxrpbgvzlwdyzwvucy1hbmqty29uy3jldgutzmxvb3iuanbn

Modern cabinets make a warmer statement in wood. Image via Decor Dots.

dynamic_resize-1

Even the brightest kitchens need some added warmth. White spaces make warm wood shine even brighter. Image via Style at Home.

dynamic_resize-2

Only wood could turn a kitchen island in an heirloom piece. Image via Style at Home.
neutral-transitional-kitchen-design

Inherited some ornate cabinetry? Consider updating adding some industrial pendants or sleek, modern appliances to achieve a more eclectic look. Image via Interior God.

rustic-kitchen-with-chestnut-cabinets

This farm kitchen makes me want to redo my own. Already. Image via Houzz.

walnut-kitchen-cabinets

Mid Century home requires walnut. Image via Postcards From The Ridge.

Incredible, no??

BY Kate Arends - October 4, 2016

1. Ashley

October 4th, 2016 at 10:29 am

We recently found a stone tudor style house that I’ve fallen in love with. I usually lean towards minimal, modern decor but the warmth and charm this house has is making me rethink my position. When trying to think what I’d do with the kitchen I’ve got to admit I was at a loss. I’ve always imagined painted cabinets but after seeing these beauties I’m starting to think natural wood with modern touches might be the perfect balance to blend the homes natural design elements with my aesthetics. Thanks for the beautiful inspiration as always, Kate.

2. Jenna

October 4th, 2016 at 1:40 pm

I wish my kitchen cabinets looked like these. Mine are an ugly shade of cream/yellow. I do want to paint them but I can´t do white because I wouldnt be able to match it to other white parts. Also I feel unmotivated to do anything to them because I don´t know how long I´ll be living here.

Jenna from:

3. Brooklyn Murtaugh

October 4th, 2016 at 4:55 pm

These are all so stunning. I cannot wait until I own a home as opposed to renting, so I can decorate!

4. Mun

October 5th, 2016 at 3:31 pm

Great advice. The world seems to be suggesting that white is the way to go so this is pretty refreshing.

5. Germarie Bruwer

October 7th, 2016 at 6:29 am

Great advice Kate and absolutely exquisite kitchens!

x Germarie

6. Anna Oates

October 8th, 2016 at 5:49 pm

If it’s good quality wood I have a firm anti-paint stand. I really love natural wood, but I do love white kitchens because how bright they are. One thing I really like is the reverse of this, white cabinets and butcher block counter tops!

7. Sharon Crockett

October 17th, 2016 at 1:29 pm

It’s really about the wood grain and craftsmanship. If those elements are both there, then a beautiful oiled finish is all that’s needed. If not, or if the wood’s dull and the style’s dated, a crisp, white paint job really can do wonders to brightening up a dreary kitchen with a sleek quartz countertop and colorful tile or natural stone slab backsplash.

8. Sharon Crockett

October 17th, 2016 at 1:30 pm

See our Morroccan-tiled white kitchen design with natural wood topped island at http://www.hausbjc.com!

9. National Wood Products

January 9th, 2018 at 9:39 pm

The wood really shines. You really did a great job on the colors and wood finish. I have been using hardwoods from https://nwpsocal.com/ and they always gives me good quality hardwoods and Plywoods.

10. Anne Lundt

August 30th, 2018 at 8:15 am

We’re building a new craft style home with beautiful mountain and pond views . We’ve decided on natural cherry perimeter cabinets and gray green painted island cabinet..Benjamin Moore mountain sage. I’m at a loss as to what color wood flooring to choose . The kitchen is open to the great room, and eating area with a lot of windows . I need to choose soon but can’t seem to decide which way to go. Any and all help is appreciated !

11. Proverbs14onebewise

January 14th, 2019 at 11:39 am

What about a light brownish gray driftwood color? This way it contrasts without being rediculous. Just did my whole house like this. Upstairs (main living area) from Hull Forestry, custom pre-finished, and the downstairs a cheaper prefinished product, which although the boards aren’t as long, I might like more!