All Hail The One Piece

Fashion & Style

Are you as happy as I am that the one piece swimsuit has made a comeback? Well, they’re here and somehow more coverage seems to be more appealing than less these days. Maybe that’s because I’m past the age of 30, or maybe it’s because the trend reminds me of the glossy pages of a 90s mag, but either way, I can’t seem to shake that happy, nostalgic feeling when looking at these images.

I’m off to Arizona this week for some much-needed family time, but while I was prepping for my trip and shopping for bathing suits, I pulled together some of my favorite one pieces for you today. Enjoy the throwback images and who knows, maybe you’ll find a suit you like, too. Happy almost summer – Kate

1. ADRIANA DEGREAS Balines backless swimsuit • $138, 2. Ella One Piece • $134, 3. Solid & Striped Anne-Marie Striped Swimsuit • $168, 4. Solid and Striped – The Poppy Cutout Swimsuit – Black • $158, 5. Topshop Stripe swimsuit • $65, 6. Square Maillot in Cocoa • $280, 7. Marysia – Mott Scalloped Halterneck Swimsuit – Army green • Marysia Swim • $335, 8. Vix Plunge-front swimsuit • Vix • $97, 9. Emma Pake – Antonia Lace-up Swimsuit – Red • $355.

BY Kate - April 20, 2017

1. Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

April 20th, 2017 at 10:31 am

I love the featured picks! I’m definitely one for one-pieces, though I haven’t found my perfect swimsuit yet. Love that I can go to the beach confidently even though my body isn’t what society would say “summer ready”, haha!

Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

2. J peters

April 20th, 2017 at 1:28 pm

You didn’t show anything with a boy leg for us gals with chicken wings at the inner leg instead of upper arm.l always choose that style. Then I still feel/look svelte at age 70

3. Natalie

April 20th, 2017 at 2:15 pm

I am definitely a 1 piece girl I just feel so much more comfortable and it makes swimming that bit less precarious. I love all of the suits you pulled as well

– Natalie

April 21st, 2017 at 11:02 am

I’m a big fan of one pieces as well, but I wish it wasn’t so hard to find ones to fit my long torso!

5. Eva

April 21st, 2017 at 4:16 pm

I own 1 one piece from Mara Hoffman and I LOVE it! There’s something great about having everything tucked into one tight suite, rather than worrying about your top slipping off or whatever. They literally look good on everyone!

6. Anna Oates

April 23rd, 2017 at 2:13 pm

I’ve really grown to love one pieces in the last two years. I grew up wearing two pieces and nothing else, so when I switched I wasn’t too sure about it. I’ve been converted though!

7. Ashlei

April 24th, 2017 at 4:12 am

Yessss! I’m all about the one piece. I find it to be the ultimate in chic when it comes to swimwear. Definitely plan to invest in one pieces for this summer. Great picks and throwback photos <3

xx

Ashlei / shadesofbeingme.com

8. Gabby

August 18th, 2017 at 12:10 pm

I’m so happy they’ve made a comeback too! They’re cute AND comfortable!
    -gabby

9. Ethan

January 15th, 2018 at 12:26 am

As i hope if you have picked the useful information to you will be proved beneficial for you.