This week marks the first official start to summer and it’s got me doing my 2017 happy dance. All signs point toward good days ahead, and now that the sun is finally shining and the rain has stopped (for now), the whole family is enjoying time outside to bask our pasty bodies in some much-needed vitamin D. In addition to laying motionless in the sun (well protected, of course) I do have a summer bucket list I intend to pursue. I would love to hear what yours is!
My Summer Bucket List
1. Get over my fear of crowds and go to a music festival (Check! We did Eaux Claires this weekend!)
2. Take August and Winnie to the North Shore with Joe.
3. Wear a bikini without feeling embarrassed about my c-section scar (I’m working on it).
4. Travel to a state I’ve never been to before (Sandpoint, Idaho– we’re coming your way in August)!
5. Wear more dresses! While I love summer, I’ve never really embraced baring too much skin.
What I’m Loving Right Now:
Bungalow Rose Douane Fringed Cotton Tree Hammock • $52.99 // Teak Sling Chair • Serena & Lily • $358 // H&M Picnic Blanket • H&M • $24.99 // Olli Ella Silver Medium Belly Basket • $42
- Who doesn’t love a hammock?! I’ve had my eye on this one to put in the backyard. Great for catching some zzz’s in the sun.
- These sling chairs are great for hosting yard parties or sitting at the beach. Portable and stylish!
- We’re big fans of picnics and playing outside in the grass so a blanket is a must. This one folds up and even has a handle.
- With August’s toys strewn about the house, I do my best to throw them all into a belly basket after he goes to sleep. I love the metallic accent on this one.
Madewell – Daphne Striped Linen-blend Mini Dress – Gray • Madewell • $100 // Women’s Eric Javits ‘Havana’ Packable Squishee Straw Hat – Beige • Eric Javits • $240 // Levi’s distressed high-rise jeans • Levi’s • $98 // Le Specs Neo Noir Sunglasses • Le Specs • $59
- With near 100 degree days here in Minneapolis, dresses have become a staple. Madewell has a ton of affordable ones like this one that I like to pair with a great pair of sunglasses and Birkenstocks.
- I can’t pass up a straw hat! This one is packable and great if you’re going on a vacation sometime soon. They also look amazing with a sleeveless jumpsuit for running weekend errands.
- Summer is nothing without a pair of distressed jeans. I live in classic pairs like these from Levi that go with virtually everything in my closet. Dress them up or dress them down, they’ll be your summer staple. Try them with a neck scarf in one loop!
- I always end up buying one or two pairs of new sunglasses every summer. They’re just such an irresistible accessory. I like the tortoise shell and blue lens combination of these.
Origins Clear Improvement® Active Charcoal Mask to Clear Pores • Origins • $4–26 // Essie Gel Couture Nail Polish – Touch Up • Essie • $11.50 // Supergoop! Antioxidant-Infused Sunscreen Mist With Vitamin C Spf 50 • $13 // Revlon Super Length Mascara • Revlon • $8.49
- Summer means sweat and that means zits! I like to detox my skin with a workhorse charcoal mask to remove and sweat and sunscreen buildup throughout the day.
- My studio mates and I have been loving the Essie gel polishes for a while now and that love hasn’t stopped. With more activities than ever, the last thing I want to worry about is my nail polish. The Essie ones stay on for weeks and come in a great range of shades.
- Without a doubt, sunscreen is my number one beauty essential for summer. I like one that sprays like this one so I can toss some on quickly in the morning and go about my day.
- Francine, our Content Manager, has been raving about Revlon’s lengthening mascara. We like the black brown color for a less intense summer look. Plus at less than $10, it’s a total bargain!
Infant Hape Gourmet Grill & Shish Kabob Play Set • Hape • $139.99 // Infant Baby Gund ‘Flappy The Elephant’ Musical Elephant • Baby Gund • $40 // Boy’s Vineyard Vines Lobster Toss Bungalow Board Shorts • Vineyard Vines • $55 // BAGGU Drawstring Backpack • Baggu • $42
- Joe loves to grill during the summer and I thought this grill play set for kids would be super cute for August. Like father, like son.
- August loves animals and I don’t think this adorable elephant would be any exception. This little guy even flaps his ears and plays music!
- We’ve finally brought August into the pool and of course, he loves it! I’ve kept my eyes peeled for swim trunks for him since he’s growing so fast. I love these lobster ones.
- For a kid that’s not even a year old, August sure has a lot of stuff. I like to use a backpack if the three of us are going out and about so I can keep everything handy. The stripes on this one make it perfect for summer.
Shop the rest of our summer shop here
TAKE A PEEK AT OUR SUMMER SHOP HERE!
Image sources: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7