5 Summer Fashion Trends Modeled by Dogs

Fashion & Style

Dog in SeersuckerSummer typically means taking clothes off. So, what little remains ought to be effortless and current. Here are a few of our favorite summer fashion trends for humans, as brought to you by fashionable fidos. If a dog can pull it off, so can you!

Florals, FTW!

Why Tails Will Wag: Sniff out your favorite floral pattern and prove that you stop to smell the roses. This trend drives us wild because there is such a range of possibility – go demure and understated with a muted ditsy daisy print or full-on flower power. Just be sure to double check the bottoms of your shoes after traipsing through daydreams of flowery fields…

Scarfgame Strong

Why We’re Doggone Smitten: Kate shared some of her favorite ways to experiment with this accessory earlier in the season, but this look has also gone to the dogs! A fast way to add flair for humans and pups alike, scarves and bandanas are having a moment. Tie one on and let the good times roll.

Oh, Say Can You Seersucker?

Dog in Seersucker

Why We Think It’s Fetch: What’s more symbolic of summertime style? This old timey staple conjures nostalgia from Southern picnics of yore, but we’ve seen it used in some more contemporary ways this season (hello, one-shoulder dress!). Just ask this office dog – seersucker makes for great work attire, as its light weight and breathability helps keep sweaty Bettys cool.

Sassy Stripes

Why this Look Leads the Pack: Stripes are another summer classic in season. But this year, summer stripes have gone sideways! We’re seeing less of the timeless nautical stripes and much more playful renditions of line play. Don’t toe the line! This season is your op-paw-rtunity to earn your stripes.

Bold Color that Barks

Why You Should Unleash this Trend: Summer is not the appropriate time to take your wardrobe too seriously. It’s a time to burst at the seams with life and vivacity. A lot of designers have been thinking pink, but we also are seeing many “super brights” trending. Summer is fleeting and it’ll be 50 shades of grey before you know it. So, let’s relish in the dog days of summer in color, loud and proud!

What looks make you go “WOOF!” this summer? Which are you digging? Which are you ready to oust?

Shop the Story

Top row: Lazy Daisy shirt // Dog Bowl in Mint // Nora Bandana // middle row: Toby Bandana // Uncle Sam Shirt // Vintage Denim Rope Leash // Bottom row: Battle Denim Vest // Green Monkey Fist Rope // Louie Bandana

Image sources: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6