The Best From Down Under – 5 Aussie Brands We Can’t Get Enough Of

Interiors & Decor

There’s something going on in the southern hemisphere that’s got the design community talking. One of the many benefits of this vast internet of ours is the close proximity to people and businesses thousands of miles away, and this fact has undoubtedly changed the way all of us make and consume things. Our team noticed an overwhelming number of our favorite discoveries hailed from Australia and felt these brands deserved their own roundup. Any other Australian-based brands we should know about? I think I need to make the trek down under for the shopping alone!

IN BED

IN BED is what minimalist home dreams are made of. The company sells super cozy essentials for every day from pillowslips to coffee percolators. They have lots of different colors and materials like flannel, linen, and wool that are sure to please. Based in Sydney, IN BED is focused purely on quality. And they deliver. Their products are not only affordable but meld seamlessly with what you already have in your home. If you’re looking to update your everyday basics (I’m looking at you, sheets and bathrobe) IN BED is your place to look.

Pampa

Pampa (pictured above) is a homewares company that works with Argentinian artisans to create stunning rugs that breathe life into your space. The textile brand, based in Byron Bay, Australia, is led by two photographers with a serious eye for style. They use their travels and cultural differences as jumping off points to create products that wow. We love the patterns and textures Pampa uses in their textiles; they’re especially great for layering rugs. Every one of their rugs, pillows, and throws are ethically made and fairly traded.

Samantha Totty

Born in New Zealand but working out of London, Samantha Totty is an artist that specializes in organic forms and spot-on color palettes. Her dynamic pieces lend a refined sense of whimsy to any wall. Samantha also dabbles in both abstract shapes and more concrete forms like palm trees. I have two of her prints in my home and can’t pass by without giving them a second look. I love her color tones; each piece feels super special to me.

Arro Home

Even the most monochromatic of homes need a little pop of color. Arro Home does just that. The Australian home goods brand champions creativity and whimsy. Their products are not only affordable but impeccably designed. They’re made to inject a little bit of fun into your home with color and exciting prints. I love our pink ottoman from Arro and I’ve got my eye on a few of their rugs and pillows— looking forward to adding some subtle color into my home for fall.

Harper’s Project

Designing out of Melbourne, Harper’s Project is an Australian brand with Scandinavian sensibilities. They’re focused on marble and wood pieces that are rooted in timelessness. Their motto is “Buy Once, Buy Well” so their products are sure to stand the test of time (and multiple moves). Harper’s Project has some stunning marble tables that are begging to be centerpieces in your dining room or living room. I also love their made-to-order sofas in rich brown leather and fresh white.

Incy Interiors

Incy Interiors is based near Sydney and strives to bring people designer children’s pieces. Children’s furniture is cute but Incy Interiors takes it a step further with thoughtful details. Their products come in some stunning shades that are anything but boring, like the navy metal bed frame pictured above.

Image sources: top image, rest are courtesy of sources linked

BY Kate Arends - August 2, 2017