Movie Marathon Ideas for the Last Days of Summer

Food & Entertainment

We’re past the honeymoon stage of summer. As the mosquito bites and flaky sunburns settle in, going outside starts to feel like a drag. Embrace your inner blahs by throwing an end of summer heat movie marathon. Make some cocktails, invite your cat and refuse to get out of your PJs. Here are some marathon concepts to get you started.

Grab your high school pals and get ready for a day of watching movies we thought we were *so* indie for liking back then. See how they stand the test of time and prepare to fall in love all over again.

Movie Ideas

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

American Beauty

Donnie Darko

I Heart Huckabees

Amelie

Get ready to emote. We’re about to take a deep dive into movies that once made you feel good about feeling bad about life. The good news is, now you’re a grown up so you can drink booze while you watch them. Cheers.

Movie Ideas

High Fidelity

Fight Club

Garden State

Lost in Translation

Can you believe we live in a world without Brittany Murphy, Paul Walker, and Heath Ledger? We cannot. Celebrate their legacies by watching some of their best flicks. WE MISS YOU GUYS!

Movie Ideas

Uptown Girls

Clueless

She’s All That

Fast and the Furious

10 Things I Hate About You

Remember being 13 and watching a movie full of women and deciding which character was you and which were your friends? Um, we never age out of doing this. Celebrate the art of the female friendship with a movie marathon dedicated to besties.

Movie Ideas

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

Charlie’s Angels

The Sweetest Thing

Life Happens

The Baby-Sitters Club

2017 has been shitty. Take a day to get some self-care by escaping into movies where women kick ass, literally or figuratively. This list will make you want to put on your boxing gloves and/or study math and law. Godspeed.

Movie Ideas

Hidden Figures

Legally Blonde

The Devil Wears Prada

Erin Brockovich

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

Kill Bill

Charlie’s Angels

Inglourious Basterds

Wonder Woman

The Force Awakens

We’re supposed to scoff at mediocre movies starring our favorite midriff-baring pop stars, but deep down we can’t. They’re just too goddam fun. Unapologetically appreciate the acting chops of your favorite teenybopper pop stars and/or American Idol winners. Singing along counts as a workout, so you might need some candy to fuel up.

Movie Ideas

Crossroads

Spice World

Dreamgirls

Glitter

BONUS:

The Social Network

BY Becky Lang - August 25, 2017

1. Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

August 25th, 2017 at 10:56 am

For ideas for my besties flicks with my girls on Sunday! Can’t wait, it’s going to be a huge reunion since I haven’t seen my friends for a year (they live abroad)!

Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

2. Lindsey of This Miss Cooks

August 26th, 2017 at 4:53 pm

Oh I love this idea! I’ve got to get this very secret popcorn recipe from my coworker and get ready for a nice movie marathon soon. Hidden Figures is one of my absolute favorites, but 10 Things I Hate About You & Clueless are the ones I usually end up watching again and again!

3. Spotify Premium APK

September 28th, 2017 at 6:58 am

the overview of run cloud tv application for pc.allow me clear one point is that you can not find any kind of cloud tv.exe data due to the fact that it is only android base application.

4. playstoreapp

October 23rd, 2017 at 2:24 am

I must tell you there is percent opportunity of obtaining the play store market over your ios procedure iPhone.

5. votebyissue

November 17th, 2017 at 6:00 am

First for utilizing Youcam app you need an emulator program emulator below step by step guide to get youcam makeup application complimentary download.

6. ACES ETM Login

February 2nd, 2018 at 5:33 am

It’s sort of a hassle, but at some point it gets much easier whatever you don’t require to ask for the entire day off unless you desire.

7. RAJBIR