I don’t know about you but I’m always looking for new ways to reinvent the personal space that is my bedroom. It’s my favorite reading spot every night where I line my nightstand with scented candles and set the lighting just right so the ambiance allows me to relax. It’s the place where I spend my sleepy Saturday mornings waking up slow and my ultimate refuge from the outside world where I recharge my batteries and find some much needed alone time. I’ve always had a thing for the intimacy of bedrooms and I think Pinterest is the perfect place to dream up new and creative ways of decorating the space that is nearest and dearest to you. I worked with our content manager Francine to find a handful of our preferred unconventional nightstand ideas that are fun, eclectic and sure to inspire. What do you think? What is your favorite way to freshen up your bedroom?
1. A Chair // Adding a chair that fits your room’s theme is a cute, fun, and laidback way to decorate your bedside that is just plain adorable.
2. A rolling cart // Debatably the most versatile accessory that every home needs, the rolling cart is the perfect piece to move around your house when you’re feeling a refresh. Wishing there were drawers? Put a basket or bin on the bottom tray for added storage.
3. A stool and ladder combo // There are a million different ways to achieve this look, which allows you to get creative when hunting for your own stool and ladder. Tip: When shopping, don’t limit yourself to big-box-retailers. Some of the greatest finds come from a neighbor’s garage sale or your local thrift store.
4. Luggage // For a more unconventional nightstand, stack a few vintage suitcases or an old trunk beside your bed. This look is charming, nostalgic and acts as the perfect built-in storage solution.
5. A stack of books // Are you like me and enjoy reading four books at once depending on your mood? I usually have at least a handful by my bedside. A stack of books is a quaint way to build your own nightstand that is actually quite useful.
6. A chest of drawers // If you love thrifting as much as I do, you will gravitate toward this idea. Visit your local estate sale, flea market or antique auction to find a great chest of drawers that is truly one-of-a-kind.
7. Floating shelves // This floating shelf is the perfect nightstand solution for those of you looking to conserve space while keeping a clean and uncluttered look near your bed.
BY Stefani Hodzic // W&D Editorial Director - December 26, 2017
Thank you for being here. For being open to enjoying life’s simple pleasures and looking inward to understand yourself, your neighbors, and your fellow humans! I’m looking forward to chatting with you.