These are the 6 Paint Colors We’re Obsessing Over

Interiors & Decor

These Are the 5 Paint Colors We're Obsessing Over – Wit & Delight

Following the turn of the new year, design trends are beginning to emerge shedding light on what we can expect to see in 2018. Society’s growing interest in mindful living has homeowners rethinking their surroundings and the impact it has on their day-to-day. In terms of interior design, paint colors are playing a lead role in establishing the right energy and vibes inside one’s home. I, for one, am a firm believer in this theory and question how I ever survived high school with pink and blue walls… Scary.

If you’re due for a change of scenery, painting your walls is the perfect place to start. In celebration of the new year, I have gathered six noteworthy paint colors that designers everywhere can’t stop talking about.

1. Peach

1 / 2 / 3

Painting a room a light pinkish-peach tone may seem risky, but if done right, this color can give your space a subtle radiance that is light, bright and simply stunning. As we learned in the 80s, the wrong shade of peach can make a space feel overwhelming. Or, even worse, it can make you feel like you’re stuck inside a bottle of Pepto Bismol. No thank you. The key to successfully using pinkish-peach relies on selecting a more subtle version of this color and paying attention to the accent colors and decor used around the paint. For a softer look, pair with darker accent colors and furniture.

These Are the 5 Paint Colors We're Obsessing Over – Wit & Delight

Behr Flamingo Feather // Sherwin-Williams Neighborly Peach // Farrow & Ball Pink Ground // Benjamin Moore Peach Cloud

2. Medium Blue

1 / 2 / 3

Historically known as the “world’s favorite color,” blue walls are always making us feel some type of way, and it’s anything but blue. This ocean-inspired shade is one of this year’s hottest colors, and even with its vibrancy and full of energy effect, it still has a calming effect and remains cool and collected. Fun fact: Farrow & Ball claims that Cook’s Blue is known to deter flies!

These Are the 5 Paint Colors We're Obsessing Over – Wit & Delight

Sherwin-Williams Danube // Benjamin Moore Blue Nova // Behr Living Stream // Farrow & Ball Cook’s Blue

3. Hunter Green

1 / 2 / 3

Lately, I’ve been gravitating more towards darker, richer colors that own their own sense of moodiness. Hunter green, in particular, is a color I can’t get enough of. I coated the walls of Bennett’s nursery with Privilege Green by Sherwin-Williams and I am utterly obsessed. To maintain a bit of feminity against the nontraditional eggshell green, I outfitted the room with mauve accents throughout. Baby Bennett is so chic and she doesn’t even know it yet!

These Are the 5 Paint Colors We're Obsessing Over – Wit & Delight

Behr Perennial Green // Sherwin-Williams Privilege Green // Sherwin-Williams Shamrock // Benjamin Moore Brazilian Rainforest

4. Cream

1 / 2 / 3

Okay, I know I just said that I’ve been gravitating towards darker colors lately, but cream is so yummy, it deserves to be included. Cream is the ideal backdrop for those looking for a neutral tone that’s subtleties allow you to reinvent the space with furniture and decor for years to come.

These Are the 5 Paint Colors We're Obsessing Over – Wit & Delight

Benjamin Moore Mascarpone // Behr Off White // Behr Polar Bear // Farrow & Ball Off White

5. Terracotta

1 / 2 / 3

Terracotta is no longer just for your potted plants. Reminiscent of a fading sunset or a stark desert, this earthy hue creates an inviting sense of warmth. To keep your space from feeling too bohemian, cut the clay color with a metallic tone or a crisp shade of white.

These Are the 5 Paint Colors We're Obsessing Over – Wit & Delight

Sherwin-Williams Raucous Orange // Farrow & Ball Red Earth // Benjamin Moore Spiced Pumpkin // Behr Raging Bull

6. Saffron

1 / 2 / 3

A few things need to be taken into consideration when looking for the right sunny hue of yellow paint. Although a saturated saffron can easily be applied to small spaces or a welcoming entryway, the bright intensity can sometimes be too stimulating for a bedroom. To reduce the potency of the color, contrast the saffron with a stark white. Hello, sunshine!

Sherwin-Williams Cheerful // Benjamin Moore Yellow Brick Road // Farrow & Ball Citron // Behr Upbeat

Top image via Studio McGee

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSaveSaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

BY Kate Arends - January 23, 2018

1. Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

January 23rd, 2018 at 10:09 am

I love all the colours featured! I can’t see myself painting my already super tiny apartment walls a dark paint colour, but I have to say I really like hunter green and terracotta especially. They’d look great on a statement wall! 😀

Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

2. Marie Douglas

January 23rd, 2018 at 1:05 pm

Wow these colors are absolutely amazing! Makes the atmosphere so cozy and really ties the room together!
    Thanks for posting xx

3. Nathalie | Want for Wellness

January 23rd, 2018 at 2:02 pm

I love peach! It doesn’t really match my “earthy” interior but my my, it looks so fresh and warm and cute!

Also, I just learned the color I have on one of my livingroom walls is called “safron” 😉

4. Eva

January 23rd, 2018 at 2:05 pm

This makes me want to repaint my house!! I LOVE the pink – I painted a whole closet this color and loved it. Now to be more daring with the rest of the place…

5. The Art of Being Holly

January 23rd, 2018 at 3:31 pm

Adore all of these colours and the soft edge that they all have. The Peach looks so lovely with the hunters green, which is a colour that I absolutely adore and have done for many years. It is so great to see some new ways to use it & I am swooning over that kitchen!!

6. Susan

January 29th, 2018 at 12:01 pm

These colors are absolutely astounding!

7. Kay

January 30th, 2018 at 5:30 am

Those dark green kitchen cabs are divine + remind me of Robert + Sol’s kitchen on Grace + Frankie. Don’t we all love that series for its yummy interiors? Plus excellent characters + writing, too, of course.

8. Claire

March 29th, 2018 at 8:45 am

Love this post! x

9. Feeling Blue? Up Your Interior Game with Indigo - Wit & Delight

July 16th, 2018 at 12:31 pm

[…] Shortly after ringing in the new year, the Wit & Delight editorial team put together a round-up of 6 paint colors you can expect to see covering the walls of your favorite designers’ […]

10. Feeling blue or ? Up your interior game with Indigo – MYNORDICROOM

August 14th, 2018 at 7:59 am

[…] after ringing in the new year, the Wit & Delight editorial team put together a round-up of 6 paint colors you can expect to see covering the walls of your favorite designers’ bedrooms […]

11. Frauen Modetrends Feeling Blue? Up Your Interior Game with Indigo - Frauen Modetrends

October 8th, 2018 at 12:33 pm

[…] nach Beginn des neuen Jahres hat die Redaktion von Wit & Delight eine Zusammenfassung von 6 Farben zusammengestellt, die Sie 2018 an den Wänden der Schlafzimmer Ihrer Lieblingsdesigner […]

12. BestAlina

July 21st, 2019 at 4:53 pm

I have noticed you don’t monetize witanddelight.com, don’t waste your traffic,
    you can earn additional bucks every month with new monetization method.
    This is the best adsense alternative for any type of website (they approve all websites), for more
    details simply search in gooogle: murgrabia’s tools