The 8 Best Podcasts To Motivate Your Work Week

Lifestyle

Podcasts have quickly become my favorite way to multitask. After all, there’s nothing that makes cleaning out the inbox or commuting to the office go faster than backgrounding it with interesting conversations. If you’re looking to hop on the podcast trend — or supplement your current queue — I’ve compiled a few of the best career-focused options around that will have you heading into the New Year with a whole new sense of motivation. Take a listen to any of the shows below to find out why.

The Goal Digger Podcast

Creatives will quickly develop a soft spot for this workshop-style show. The voice behind the mic, Jenna Kutcher, uses her insights as a Target-employee-turned-wedding-photographer to encourage others to get out there and pursue what they love. The best part? She gives you concrete, actionable advice to get you there. No excuses.

Stuff You Should Know

Get your weekly dose of “fun facts” across a variety of categories. Whether they are work appropriate (think internships and broadcasting) or totally random (ghost fishing, anyone?) you’re bound to walk away with some awesome small talk topics to impress any co-worker with.

Boss Files with Poppy Harlow

For anyone with an interest in how the “big leagues” have made their mark in the business world, Poppy Harlow has you covered. The CNN star sits down with everyone from Bobbi Brown to Melinda Gates to get their take on what it means to run an empire. The socially responsible angle is merely a plus that will leave you admiring these leaders even more.

TED Radio Hour

If you’ve been a longtime fan of YouTube TED Talks, here’s a podcast worth checking out. The Radio Hour show simply takes the best of these video speeches and curates them into a commuter-friendly listen. Enjoy discussions ranging from new inventions to unconventional ways of thinking while you cruise into work. I promise you’ll feel a revived sense of energy as you tackle the day.

Reply All

Regardless of what field you work in, the internet has some sort of impact on your day-to-day. This show takes you on a journey of the in’s and out’s of how the digital world shapes us — and how we can use it to our advantage. If you weren’t tech-savvy before tuning in, you’re sure to be after.

Girlboss Radio with Sophia Amoruso

Tune into this series about inspiring female business women and their stories to success. The host of the show, Sophia Amoruso, keeps the conversation lighthearted and honest as she interviews ladies who’ve made it in their fields. After a full episode, I leave feeling like an empowered female employee (which is exactly how it should be).

Beyond the To Do List

Looking to become more productive? Search no further. This series delves into how to properly prioritize your to-do list, all motivated by the mistakes and mishaps of others. If there ever was a moment to learn, this is it.

99% Invisible

Okay, this one was a bit of a selfish pick because of my love of interiors and architecture. That said, I do think it’s quite intriguing for anyone in a design-based field. The series explores the make-up of all the things around us and why they were built the way they were. It will give you a new perspective on structures, whether or not you can directly apply the takeaways to your day job.

Happy listening!

Image sources: top image / the rest are courtesy of linked sources.

SaveSave

BY Sarah Koller - January 2, 2018

1. Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

January 2nd, 2018 at 10:22 am

As an architecture graduate, 99% invisible sounds super interesting! I rarely see recommendations for more design related podcasts so thank you for letting me know about it! 🙂

Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

2. Samantha

January 2nd, 2018 at 11:37 am

SYSK is my all time favorite podcast!

3. Stacey

January 2nd, 2018 at 1:40 pm

I am always looking to add to my Podcast que. I listen to Girlboss and love it. I definitely want to check some of these others out. Thanks for suggesting these.

xoxo
    Stacey

4. Valentina

January 2nd, 2018 at 4:24 pm

Going to give girlboss radio a try, thanks for the suggestions <3

5. Cat

January 2nd, 2018 at 6:44 pm

I am officially on the podcast bandwagon! I love them! I was just wondering the best podcasts…and who can resist a good motivating podcast

Cat

6. Friday Finds – Dancing for Donuts

January 5th, 2018 at 10:20 am

[…] 8 Best Podcasts to Motivate Your Work Week – I already listen to a couple of these, but the rest I neeeeed to download! I don’t know about you, but I have a podcast queue longer than most people’s Netflix queues😅 […]

7. Diana

January 13th, 2018 at 7:04 pm

Love this list of podcasts, I listen to a couple of these already! Bookmarking the rest 🙂

Diana | http://thechicdiary.com/blog/1/11/2018-new-year-new-look-ashy-blonde-hair-color-and-process

8. Raffaela

January 23rd, 2018 at 5:35 am

Love this list too. Nice podcasts!

9. 10 Simple Life Hacks to Make 2018 *This Much* Easier (Because Things Are Hard Right Now) - Wit & Delight

January 24th, 2018 at 10:20 am

[…] highway. Turn off those obnoxious drive-time radio hosts who play the same 10 songs. Stockpile podcasts about topics you’re interested in – Richard Simmons, injustice, science, […]

10. aqoo

August 10th, 2018 at 2:38 am

law essay writing uk a greta post

11. angelica

August 10th, 2018 at 2:41 am

Podcasts have quickly emerged as my preferred way to multitask. After all, there’s nothing that makes cleaning out the inbox or commuting to the workplace go faster than backgrounding it with exciting conversations. If you’re trying to hop at the podcasting fashion or supplement your modern-day queue I’ve compiled some of the best profession-targeted options around as a way to have you ever heading into the New Year with a whole new feel of motivation Do my University essay For me.

12. valentinataylor

October 20th, 2018 at 9:03 am

Typically undergrads remain at the libraries and finish their assignments having no time for their own particular undertakings.
    Expert comptable jarry