Guest Room Makeover with Parachute

Interiors & Decor

Post 2

Last weekend, I took over Parachute‘s Instagram page to share some tips on switching up decor in your guest room. I love the idea of making small changes when regulars come over to stay, and new bedding is the perfect way to show your guests a little love. This little project with Parachute was so much fun, I had to share some outtakes with you on the blog.

DSC00220

The first update I made to the space was installing a gallery wall. I’ve been so hesitant to put any holes in our plaster walls, but it seems I got over that fear pretty quickly once I committed to this design.

DSC00226

The key to a great gallery wall is collecting pieces of varying sizes. What I love about this is it makes an oddly shaped room feel a little more complete. I placed a chair in a previous dead space and built the wall around a puzzling built-in. Now, that awkward space feels a little less awkward.

Photo Apr 19, 2 16 33 PM

I next dressed the bed in two different ways. First, with sharp graphic pillows and a gorgeous Louise Gray quilt. This is great for girlfriends or sisters who are looking for a modern and funky home away from home for the weekend.

Post 4

And who wouldn’t smile seeing these winking pillows from People I Loved upon arriving in your guest room??

Post 1

I switched it up by adding Parachute’s new navy pillowcases. They just introduced the line on Monday! What I love most about the rich color is that you can use the pillowcases as accent pillows to complement a crisp white set. They turned a monochromatic guest room into a tranquil space that feels like being at a B&B.

Kate's IG

I’ve had Parachute’s sheets on the guest bed for months now and everyone always asks where we got them. Regardless of the decor, an inviting bed is what people remember.

Room Details: Paint (Benjamin Moore Gray Owl) Bed (One Kings Lane Bennet Bed) Bedding (Parachute) Quilt (Louise Gray) Pillows (People I’ve Loved Wink Wink Pillow) Prints (Wayne Pate, Caroline Wright, Debbie Carlos, Saatchi Art)

BY Kate Arends - April 30, 2015

1. Catherine

April 30th, 2015 at 8:59 am

When can I come stay!?

2. Kate | Azaleas & So On

April 30th, 2015 at 9:42 am

This is gorgeous! I’ve had a crush on those Louise Gray quilts since you posted about them last week.

I coincidentally just did a round up of items rocking the eye motif: http://kate-welsh.squarespace.com. I love it’s humor.

3. Yennie Solheim Fuller

April 30th, 2015 at 11:34 am

Absolutely love everything about this guest room 🙂 The navy colors are so perfect!

4. Philippa Warford

April 30th, 2015 at 12:45 pm

oh that is such a beautiful room! x

5. Mun

May 1st, 2015 at 5:14 pm

Majorly lovely 🙂

6. Chelsea

May 5th, 2015 at 11:25 am

This is so beautiful! What a restful and inviting guest room.

7. fridaze | a little staircase wit

May 8th, 2015 at 11:03 am

[…] guest room I would readily move […]

8. I love lists, Friday! - Shutterbean

May 22nd, 2015 at 3:01 am

[…] a beautiful guest bedroom. Love that pop of blue in the […]

9. Alison

May 27th, 2015 at 8:10 am

Would you mind sharing where you got the black pillow in front of the winking eye ones? It’s very striking and beautiful!

10. Mads

July 17th, 2015 at 11:56 pm

Where is the giant #9 from?!

July 20th, 2015 at 3:06 pm

Hi there! I got it at an antique store. I think it’s actually a vintage number from a gas station… could be worth looking on ebay! It’s about 30″ tall and 6″ wide.

12. Stefi

January 18th, 2016 at 11:48 am

Renovating an adorable cottage in the historic downtown of Winchester, Va. Always looking for ideas! A total rehab project! Wondering if anyone would follow a start to finish project? Started with the garden last summer, it turned out beautifully! Build our own koi pond, even hunted our own river rock, building memories as we go along❤️What makes this project so exciting is I reconnected with my first love, the true love of my life after the death of my wonderful father. I was as tired and ragged as the house when out of the blue my sweet beau called and asked if I wanted to skinny dip! I felt 16 again with butterflies and everything. It took a good year of love, peace and time to reconnect to bring me back to life! My gratitude list is very long today because I feel loved and cared for am healthy after a full year of taking care of Daddy. It will be three years this Spring that I lost my Father, a funny, adventurous South Carolian and found my sweet love again. I like to think Daddy is looking out for me now, a caretaker from Heaven, sending an angel here on Earth to love his baby girl until I see him again. The cottage has been a huge part of my rehab after care taking, I just had no idea how much we give of ourselves when one of our loved ones are facing passing from this life, I would do it all again even knowing how long it would take to recover. A project of reviving a house has been a wonderful project frustrating at times but son incredibly rewarding, just like life, nothing worthwhile happens overnight.
    – Stefi Anderson
    Winchester,Va. (540-247-8372)

13. looks alright from this angle. | Emerald Acres Town Homes Blog

April 5th, 2016 at 11:31 am

[…] stand via kimberly; dylan grey’s retronaut copper light fixture; vintage homecrest chair via wit & delight; i really want this angular Miroir […]

14. looks alright from this angle. | Alice George's Blog

April 5th, 2016 at 11:44 am

15. looks alright from this angle. | emmanickolas

April 6th, 2016 at 3:23 am

16. Caroline

April 15th, 2016 at 8:20 am

Beautiful! Where is that metal chair from?

April 15th, 2016 at 7:58 pm