Bumpin’ Around with Hatch

Fashion & Style

W+D_Hatch_Catbird-1

Oh, what a difference a month makes.

My lumpy, burrito belly has transformed into a basketball-sized baby bump in little over 2 weeks. Mind-blowing. I’m flabbergasted that women’s bodies are capable of this. I’m even more amazed that am going through this. The best part? I will be getting even bigger. Feast your eyes, dear reader, this will be the one and only bump post you’ll get on this blog.

While I’m amazed and fascinated with the changes both physical, emotional and mental (pregnancy brain is no myth), not everyone finds it interesting. Do not fret, Wit & Delight will not be turning into a “mommy blog.” Yes, this post features clothing made for expectant mothers, but there is also a bit for those of you that can still see your toes!

I’ve been a fan of Hatch since they launched, long before this baby was even a twinkle in my eye. Pregnant or not, our bodies can flux greatly throughout different stages of life. Why not look for basics that can transition with you while still looking great? One of the bigger challenges I’ve had is letting go of the control I once had on my frame. Once I accepted that “yes, I’m going to get bigger, but it will only be temporary”, getting dressed became a little less depressing when the inevitable lumps and bumps came about.

W+D_Hatch_Catbird-4

I logged on to Hatch after my regular jeans became impossibly tight (despite using the hair-binder-to-button-my-jeans trick), to look for quality pieces that would work during my “is she or isn’t she” phase, my “she definitely is” phase, the “she just had a baby” phase, and beyond. I’ve been absolutely living in these clothes ever since. In fact, if you’ve had a meeting with me in the past month, you’ve most likely seen me in one of these two outfits!

W+D_Hatch_Catbird-5

In exchange for the fashionable pick-me-up, I thought I would pass along my favorite pieces for you guys in case you’re in some kind of transitional phase, or you’re just looking for some comfortable clothing that doesn’t skip on style. And I couldn’t help but throw in a few baby things. Enjoy!

Hatch-Selects2Hatch-Selects

The Audrey Dress / The Bateau Top / The Highline Dress / The Relaxed Sweater Dress / The Nantucket Dress / The Nadine Sweater / The Antibes Sweater / The Cashmere Jogger / The Cashmere Drape Dress / The Trench

Hatch-Baby-Gear

Hatch-To-Home Kit / Chilote Child / The Dreamy Mobile by Dana Haim

Kate’s Outfits (Pictured Above)

The Relaxed Sweater Dress  with Isabelle Marant Booties

The Antibes Sweater with The Stroll Short with Ballerina Earrings by Catbird

Ed. note: Wit & Delight received clothing from Hatch in exchange for a product review on Wit & Delight. While product was received in exchange for coverage, all thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting our partners!

Images: 2nd Truth Photography

BY Kate Arends - May 5, 2016

1. Ally Noriega

May 5th, 2016 at 10:20 am

You look beautiful! I’ve really been loving Hatch and I’ve never been pregnant 😉 such a cool brand.

Xo Ally
    AllysoninWonderland.com

May 5th, 2016 at 10:50 am

You look beautiful, Mama.

I can’t imagine a better way to keep yourself comfortable as you get closer to that due date! Everything they have is SO soft! And Hatch’s pajamas and cashmere socks feel especially luxurious in the hospital after delivery… (Wink wink)

May 5th, 2016 at 1:48 pm

You look adorable, Kate!

May 9th, 2016 at 4:41 pm

Thank you Kate!!

5. Yvonne

May 5th, 2016 at 4:00 pm

Gorgeous.

6. Katrine

May 5th, 2016 at 4:38 pm

You look amazing! And that black sweater dress is tempting to buy, even though I’m not pregnant..!

May 9th, 2016 at 4:40 pm

Thank you Katrine! I will be wearing this long after the bump is gone!

8. Caitlin

May 5th, 2016 at 8:52 pm

Don’t be hard on yourself, if you reach a time when you want to include more mum stuff in the blog, DO IT! Don’t feel bad or guilty because it might not be something you thought the blog would ever be. This is yours and you have such a dedicated following i think everyone will want to watch you and your little family grow and change. You are you and we are we and that’s the reason we all started following this blog.

May 9th, 2016 at 4:40 pm

Thank you Caitlin!! It’s a journey and I’m just going to see how it all plays out 🙂

10. Christa

May 6th, 2016 at 10:10 am

You look amazing! When I read the title of this post I thought for a second you were naming the baby Hatch. Happy to see that’s the cool clothes instead. 🙂

11. Katie

May 14th, 2016 at 6:35 am

I’m in my third trimester and heading to Nantucket next week. I think that waffle sweater has to come too! Great post.
    Katie
    Livingthewolfstyle.com

12. Sécia

May 24th, 2016 at 8:13 pm

Your baby bump is the cutest!!!

xo
    Sécia

May 25th, 2016 at 9:15 am

Thank you!!

14. Mun

June 5th, 2016 at 8:38 am

Such a big fan of Hatch, and I’m not even pregnant!