When You’ve Got A New Baby, A Virgin Paloma Will Do.

Food & Entertainment

Virgin Paloma — Wit & Delight

It’s July and I just had a baby. It’s hot, I’m exhausted and honestly, all I want is some sushi, and a super duper strong tequila cocktail. Not sure if I’m ready for a sushi and tequila binge on very little sleep, but I’m going to do the next best thing: make a totally refreshing and delicious virgin paloma. I’m not a big fan of leaving out the tequila, specifically because it does add such a distinct flavor to any drink it graces. The paloma, however, is so deliciously citrusy in it’s own right, I’m willing to give the tequila a pass.

Virgin Paloma — Wit & Delight

Virgin Paloma

By Toro

Prep time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 serving

Ingredients

5 oz Lime Juice
1 oz Grapefruit Juice
1 oz Agave Syrup
Pinch of Sea Salt
Soda Water

Directions

Combine ingredients in a cocktail shaker and shake with ice. Strain over ice in a glass and top with soda!

Enjoy!

Photography by 2ndTruth

BY Kate Arends - July 27, 2016

1. Diana

July 27th, 2016 at 10:46 am

Love those glasses! Where are they from?

August 1st, 2016 at 10:55 am

Diana– they are actually bud vases from the dollar store. I use them to serve champagne!!

3. Felicia

July 27th, 2016 at 11:34 am

This is perfect! I’m 4 months pregnant and have been craving a special drink. I also have everything in the fridge besides the soda water. I’ll be getting that today! hehe Thanks for the recipe! 🙂

4. JKMP

July 27th, 2016 at 4:11 pm

Congratulations on the new baby!!!! It is so hot, and you probably won’t be less tired soon, but have fun and enjoy the new journey. Best and congrats!

5. belle

July 28th, 2016 at 9:05 am

ooh, or a melon agua fresca. Definitely add fresh lime juice.

6. 20 Non-Alcoholic Drinks for a Summer Party | Mocktails, Fauxitos and More