August is Here

Parenthood

Processed with VSCO with c1 preset

Our son, August Joseph Peters is here! Auggie arrived on 7/16/16 at 11:52am. He was 7lbs, 14oz and as sweet as can be. We’re two weeks into this transformative adventure and both Joe and myself are fully steeped in baby haze. Who knew you could be so tired and so full of joy at the same time? Everyone is doing so well, and for that I am very thankful.

Processed with VSCO with g3 preset

You’ll be hearing more from me in “real time” in a few weeks, especially as I process the birth and get settled into this new normal. I hope you’ve been enjoying all the blog posts myself and our contributors have put together. All that work before the baby was certainly worth this special time away!

Talk to you all soon!

K

BY Kate Arends - August 1, 2016

1. Grandpa

August 1st, 2016 at 12:56 pm

Love this boy!

2. Helen

August 1st, 2016 at 1:00 pm

He’s beautiful! Congratulations!

XO Helen @ http://www.KaleidoscopeSpinnig.com

3. Grandpa #2

August 1st, 2016 at 2:46 pm

My new and forever favorite month of the year!

4. Tina

August 2nd, 2016 at 12:10 am

He is so very beautiful! The are the sweetest of days. Many congratulations and Welcome Baby Auggie.

5. Heather Hammel

August 2nd, 2016 at 5:32 am

Congrats! He is so handsome!!!

6. Kristina

August 2nd, 2016 at 8:44 am

Congratulations! Enjoy your sweet time together : )

7. NICOLE GEORGE

August 2nd, 2016 at 10:03 am

SO SO SWEET! CONGRATULATIONS. WHAT A BEAUTIFUL GIFT.
    XO
    Nicole | http://www.bynicolegeorge.com

8. Desi McKinnon

August 2nd, 2016 at 11:02 am

he’s beautiful! so glad you’re all doing well. soak it in.

9. Gretchen Brant

August 2nd, 2016 at 12:58 pm

So sweet! Isn’t it just a whole new kind of love? Love the name — August was on our short list as it was my Grandfather’s middle name. Is there a story behind your name choice? Take good care of yourself! With my first I’d sit and stare at her while she was napping rather than napping myself and I was over exhausted, so no guilt on napping and accepting help. Little Auggie needs a well-rested Mommy. So happy for you and Joe, Kate!

10. Chell

August 2nd, 2016 at 8:26 pm

Congrats! Beautiful family

11. Jasmine Eclipse

August 2nd, 2016 at 9:24 pm

Congratulations! What a sweet face! You both must be over the moon!