Bye-bye Cocktail, Hello Mocktail

Food & Entertainment

Blueberry Rosemary Mocktail — Wit & Delight

Pregnancy opened up a whole new world of drinks that I never thought I’d get this excited about. I mean, if you’re going to have a fancy drink, it better have alcohol in it, right? Well, clearly I was wrong. Not only have I really enjoyed 9 months without alcohol in my system, I’ve come to realize it’s the ritual of a drink I love, rather than a smoothing buzz that comes with a well-crafted drink. Now that my due date has come and gone, I’m planning to keep my alcohol consumption to a minimum.

Blueberry Rosemary Mocktail — Wit & Delight

It’s often difficult to find a mocktail that doesn’t compensate the lack of alcohol with a super sweet ingredient. I love herb-forward flavors in cocktails, especially when bubbles are involved. This Rosemary Blueberry Smash totally hits the spot. Not only is this drink gorgeous, blueberry and rosemary are a lovely combination for those who don’t want a super sweet drink. I’d recommend this drink for a weeknight on the patio with a light dinner!

Blueberry Rosemary Mocktail — Wit & Delight

Rosemary Blueberry Smash

By Danielle Walker of Against All Grain

Prep time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 serving

Ingredients

7-8 Blueberries
1 Rosemary sprig, stripped
1 oz Honey syrup
1 oz Fresh lemon juice, strained
4 oz Sparkling mineral water

Blueberry Rosemary Mocktail — Wit & Delight

Directions

Muddle the blueberries with rosemary and honey syrup in the bottom of a shaker. Add lemon juice and ice. Cover and then shake for 10 seconds or so, until the ice has broken into small pieces. Strain and drain into a glass with fresh ice. Garnish with blueberries and rosemary.

Shop This Story

[shopstyle widget]

Images by 2nd Truth

BY Kate Arends - August 15, 2016

1. Fay

August 15th, 2016 at 3:37 pm

This looks absolutely gorgeous and although I am not a great lover of blueberries I do like rosemary and lemon! Great pictures too x

2. Helen

August 16th, 2016 at 8:39 am

This drink looks and sounds so delicious! I personally love non-alcoholic options. Sometimes you just want to have a fun night with a drink in your hand, alcoholic or not!

XO Helen | http://www.KaleidoscopeSpinning.com

3. Garden State Soapstone

August 16th, 2016 at 11:25 pm

Great photos! Drinks look delicious – would love to hear more about your servingware!

4. Anna Oates

August 20th, 2016 at 9:01 pm

I love mocktails! I get really dizzy when I drink so I just don’t enjoy it a lot. This drink sounds really amazing!

5. Claire

August 23rd, 2016 at 4:00 pm

This looks delicious. Any tips on the “honey syrup”? Is that a 1:1 ratio of honey and hot water? Thanks.

6. Marilu

December 15th, 2016 at 9:35 pm

At last! Someone with the insight to solve the prelbom!

7. adrienne

May 13th, 2017 at 8:51 pm

The drink glasses really make such a special statement with with mocktails also! Very pretty presentation! Could you offer any info on the glasses?

8. Jennifer

December 28th, 2017 at 1:57 pm

Question – when does the sparkling water come into play? It’s mentioned in the ingredients but not in the recipe steps? Maybe I’m naive and missing cocktail knowledge. Hoping to make this for NYE, sounds delicious.

9. Vishal Tyagi

March 21st, 2018 at 2:39 pm

Here we are having one of the most leading website https://backupnrestore.com/ which will help you to restore your windows 10 along with back and will also provide you knowledge with pictures so that you can understand easily.

10. https://getfreeeshopcodes.com/