A Letter to my Wife on Mother’s Day

Parenthood

Dear Kate,

My goodness, Mother’s Day is here – a special day for our moms, right? Well, yes. But this year, it’s for you.

Mother’s day is meant for the most incredible people on planet Earth. On this day you join the ranks of your mom, my mom, and their moms too. You’ve had a lot of titles throughout your life, but I can see that this ‘mom’ title means the most. You’ve never told me that to be the case, but I want you to know that over the past ten months you’ve shown it.

You’ve shown it since the super-human feat of bearing our child, and it’s been a highlight reel since. From sleepless nights to changing diapers in airport bathrooms, to working endless hours at the office so you can give us your undivided attention at home, you’ve shown us every minute that this ‘mom’ title means the world to you.

Being a mom obviously means being a parent to someone, but in our short time as parents together, it’s also shown me that it demands more of you as a partner to me. You’ve been supportive, empathetic, and tolerant (and a whole lot more to me as I find my stride in being a dad) which has only made our bond stronger than it’s ever been.

So today, and every day, we take a moment to pause and recognize you as the remarkable woman you are. You are so many things to so many people, and when we got married I told you that I’m the luckiest guy on the planet that you chose me, and I know that August feels the same way— we are so loved, and so lucky to have you in our lives.

Here’s to you, Kate.

We love you,

Joe & August

Joe Peters lives in Saint Paul, MN with his wife Kate, son August, and trusted Labrador, Winnie. In his spare time, he’s the head of marketing for Vasque Footwear.

Ed. note: Joe worked behind the scenes with the W&D team to complete this top secret Mother’s Day Post.

BY Joe Peters - May 14, 2017

1. Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

May 14th, 2017 at 10:31 am

This is so, so sweet!

Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

2. MAFryer

May 14th, 2017 at 12:01 pm

Happy Mother’s Day Kate!
    Love the heartfelt message from two very special men in your life.

3. Thomas Roberge

May 16th, 2017 at 4:46 am

I think Kate’ll very happy when she receives this sweet letter like this. Happy mother’s day

4. 4liker

September 18th, 2017 at 5:47 am

Moreover, it supports numerous brand-new android variations. This latest variation of the Application consists of numerous amazing attributes.

5. 4liker

September 18th, 2017 at 5:48 am

6. dreamleaguesoccers

October 6th, 2017 at 6:06 am

If you want to get added web content and things, after that you have to buy them. This video game being the among one of the most .

7. Viva Video App

October 31st, 2017 at 6:29 am

which are readily available in it. Lets check it our on your own, here is the download link of latest variation.

8. best pole saw lab

December 17th, 2017 at 3:29 pm

it bolsters various fresh out of the box new android varieties. This most recent variety of the Application comprises of various astonishing qualities.

9. cool math games

February 23rd, 2018 at 10:45 pm

Those who come to read your article will find lots of helpful and informative tips

10. run 3 cool math

September 4th, 2018 at 10:23 pm

I agree with what you share. It will be very useful information for everyone. Hope your next posts are as well