Have you ever wondered how to decorate your home for the holidays while maintaining a sense of simplicity and modernism? Don’t get me wrong, I love the over-the-top quality of the holidays and the nostalgic magic of Christmas because deep down it makes my 12-year-old heart very happy. But as I get older and work toward curating the life I want, my home becomes filled with nicer, more thought out furniture and even more meaningful belongings. This year, in an attempt to make my home a little less cluttered I opted for simple gold and silver holiday decorations with an earthy touch. I worked with our content manager Francine to pull together some really fun and unique ways to decorate your home for the holidays. A lot of these minimalist, even abstract art holiday decor ideas are so easy, you can do them in a flash. How are you decorating your home this year for the holidays?
1. Geometric ornaments // are a simple yet beautiful way to add a little holiday cheer to any wall.
2. Hanging cut-paper garland // is a fun and festive way to decorate your mantle that probably hasn’t been seen before.
3. Tree sprigs in a stunning vase // adding tree sprigs to any vase that you love is sure to brighten up your space. Place these throughout your house in spots that need a little winter whimsy.
4. Greenery in clear ornaments // this would be such a fun DIY project and I imagine it would make any tree look fresh and wonderful.
5. Hanging wreaths // choose an open wall and hang a few handcrafted wreaths side-by-side, this is a classic look that is sure to turn heads.
6. Wall tree // do you have a tiny space with no room for a big tree? We’ve got you covered. Try creating your own adorable abstract tree, it only needs a few materials.
7. Monochrome dinner table // are you hosting a dinner party and hoping to impress your friends and family? This is easy, keep it simple and stick to classic monochrome colors, and of course, add a little bit of Christmas tree foliage to the table to finish off the look.
8. Hanging saying garland // if you are in the mood for a craft project I think this hanging garland (that can be created with bendable wire) would be so cheery and charming.
9. Sparsely decorated tree with monochrome accents // this is exactly how we decorated our tree this year. With simple silver and gold ornaments paired with white lights. It leaves the living room looking crisp, clean and classy.
10. Floating greenery vases // I love this idea! You can purchase these water bottles and white candlesticks at Michaels and then add in extra trimmed off tree branches to complete this look. This is a creative yet inexpensive way to spruce up your home and add a little candlelit warmth for the holidays.
BY Stefani Hodzic // W&D Editorial Director - December 14, 2017
Thank you for being here. For being open to enjoying life’s simple pleasures and looking inward to understand yourself, your neighbors, and your fellow humans! I’m looking forward to chatting with you.
Easily navigate all our recommended products across beauty, fashion, decor, and wellness.