Guys I’m going on my first real solo trip and I feel alive baby!!!!!!!
It’s quick in and it’s quick out but it’s mine all mine and I’m staying in the most adorable Seattle Airbnb where I plan on having conversations on my terms only for 48 hours (I absolutely check that ‘entire house to self’ box on Airbnb, no question.)
I’m going to eat (UR DAMN RIGHT THE RESTAURANTS ARE GOOGLE SPREADSHEETED) and drink (THOSE TOO) and read and write and probably eventually feel sad and then quickly anxious that I’m not having The Greatest Time Of My Life on this Thing I’ve Been Looking Forward To, but the good news is: I KNOW that that will happen (I struggle big time with transitions; mostly when it involves location change – I could go on literally forever about this; different time different article!) and when that feeling comes I will be like “hi b*tch” knowing she will leave eventually (usually around after two days).
There’s power in putting the work into getting to know yourself, people!
All of these cute lodges, domes, tiny houses and lofts I’m about to show you are $200 and under and they’re all (as of right now!) still available for Labor Day Weekend rental meaning maybe this is the sign you needed to take a couple days for you, because WE BOTH KNOW we deserve it.
ALSO: GET YOURSELF A PARTNER WHO UNDERSTANDS YOUR NEED FOR A SOLO VACA, SHOUTOUT ERIK.
2. Dallas, Texas — Check out this ‘Tiny House’ outside of Dallas for $70 a night with a very, very good shower.
3. Newry, Maine — Maybe bring a friend or loved one for this 1800s-lookin’ shack so it’s a little more “Little House in the Big Woods” a little less “Cabin in the Woods” amiright!! Attn earlybirds: 6 a.m. views of that lake look pretty fire.
4. Eugene, Oregon — It’s a ROUNDHOUSE which for some reason I can’t quite put my finger on seems way cooler than a NON-ROUNDHOUSE.
5. Aiken, South Carolina — You could glamp under a rainbow chandelier on a farm with CHICKENS!!!!!
6. Lexington, Kentucky — You’re basically like, staying in a literal garden. That has a sauna.
7. Tampa, Florida — Oh my god this mint green cottage. I’m just going to put this right here.
8. Bethlehem, Connecticut — This dome looks dope but is for someone more extroverted than me – everything outside of your bed you’ll need to use the main house for!
9. Aiken, South Carolina — The cottage Ms. Honey lived in in Matilda was one of the first homes I ever fell in love with. It just looked like it FELT good to be there, you know? This feels like an affordable vaca replica.
10. Joshua Tree, California — Well THANK GOD FOR YOU, this Joshua Tree ‘Desert Escape‘ is still available!!!!!
11. Fredonia, Arizona — Okay I’m not saying I support mind-altering substances I’m just saying if that is something you enjoy I would probably do it here.
12. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma — Dude OKC’s food scene is poppin’, I’d snatch up this $100/night gem while you can.
13. Houston, Texas — I mean there’s a photo with a bottle of wine and two glasses on an eccentrically-stitched quilt in a little turquoise cottage I really don’t know what more you’re looking for.
14. Joshua Tree, California — Okay sorry for the double Joshua Tree feature but oh my god that fireplace and f*cking view.
15. Salt Lake City, Utah — Okay speaking of cool fireplaces this loft def has one and when I think about cooking a solo meal here I get emotional.
DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME IN YOUR PICS!!!!!!
BY Liz Welle - August 16, 2018
Thank you for being here. For being open to enjoying life’s simple pleasures and looking inward to understand yourself, your neighbors, and your fellow humans! I’m looking forward to chatting with you.