15 Airbnbs Under $200 For Your Labor Day Weekend Solo Getaway

Travel & Leisure

Guys I’m going on my first real solo trip and I feel alive baby!!!!!!!

It’s quick in and it’s quick out but it’s mine all mine and I’m staying in the most adorable Seattle Airbnb where I plan on having conversations on my terms only for 48 hours (I absolutely check that ‘entire house to self’ box on Airbnb, no question.)

I’m going to eat (UR DAMN RIGHT THE RESTAURANTS ARE GOOGLE SPREADSHEETED) and drink (THOSE TOO) and read and write and probably eventually feel sad and then quickly anxious that I’m not having The Greatest Time Of My Life on this Thing I’ve Been Looking Forward To, but the good news is: I KNOW that that will happen (I struggle big time with transitions; mostly when it involves location change – I could go on literally forever about this; different time different article!) and when that feeling comes I will be like “hi b*tch” knowing she will leave eventually (usually around after two days).

There’s power in putting the work into getting to know yourself, people!

All of these cute lodges, domes, tiny houses and lofts I’m about to show you are $200 and under and they’re all (as of right now!) still available for Labor Day Weekend rental meaning maybe this is the sign you needed to take a couple days for you, because WE BOTH KNOW we deserve it.

ALSO: GET YOURSELF A PARTNER WHO UNDERSTANDS YOUR NEED FOR A SOLO VACA, SHOUTOUT ERIK.

1. Big Bear City, California — Can’t you just picture diving into your fall book stack in this Like-If-Laura-Ingalls-Wilder-lived-outside-of-LA cabin??

2. Dallas, Texas — Check out this ‘Tiny House’ outside of Dallas for $70 a night with a  very, very good shower.

3. Newry, Maine — Maybe bring a friend or loved one for this 1800s-lookin’ shack so it’s a little more “Little House in the Big Woods” a little less “Cabin in the Woods” amiright!! Attn earlybirds: 6 a.m. views of that lake look pretty fire.

4. Eugene, Oregon — It’s a ROUNDHOUSE which for some reason I can’t quite put my finger on seems way cooler than a NON-ROUNDHOUSE.

5. Aiken, South Carolina — You could glamp under a rainbow chandelier on a farm with CHICKENS!!!!!

6. Lexington, Kentucky — You’re basically like, staying in a literal garden. That has a sauna.

7. Tampa, Florida — Oh my god this mint green cottage. I’m just going to put this right here.

8. Bethlehem, ConnecticutThis dome looks dope but is for someone more extroverted than me – everything outside of your bed you’ll need to use the main house for!

9. Aiken, South Carolina — The cottage Ms. Honey lived in in Matilda was one of the first homes I ever fell in love with. It just looked like it FELT good to be there, you know? This feels like an affordable vaca replica.

10. Joshua Tree, California — Well THANK GOD FOR YOU, this Joshua Tree ‘Desert Escape‘ is still available!!!!!

11. Fredonia, Arizona — Okay I’m not saying I support mind-altering substances I’m just saying if that is something you enjoy I would probably do it here.

12. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma — Dude OKC’s food scene is poppin’, I’d snatch up this $100/night gem while you can.

13. Houston, Texas — I mean there’s a photo with a bottle of wine and two glasses on an eccentrically-stitched quilt in a little turquoise cottage I really don’t know what more you’re looking for.

14. Joshua Tree, California — Okay sorry for the double Joshua Tree feature but oh my god that fireplace and f*cking view.

15. Salt Lake City, Utah — Okay speaking of cool fireplaces this loft def has one and when I think about cooking a solo meal here I get emotional.

DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME IN YOUR PICS!!!!!!

screen-shot-2016-11-29-at-4-21-00-pmLiz Welle is a professional feelings feeler but gets paid to do social and digital stuff for brands in Minneapolis while occasionally food styling on the side. She lives in Uptown with her boyfriend and their thirteen plants. She is doing her best.

BY Liz Welle - August 16, 2018

1. Meredith

August 16th, 2018 at 11:14 am

Two thoughts: That first house reminds me of the original Parent Trap with Hayley Mills. Second, I planned my first solo trip a few weeks ago to San Francisco. I found a cute basement apartment in Berkeley and decided I’d use the BART to get around town. I live in Nashville, and we have no public transportation so that was a big deal to me! I sulked around the first morning because I was so scared to be on my own, but I finally convinced myself to get out and explore. And I survived! Good luck on your solo adventure and don’t get discouraged. You can do it!

2. 15 Airbnbs Under $200 For Your Labor Day Weekend Solo Getaway – Business Blog

August 16th, 2018 at 11:48 am

[…] post 15 Airbnbs Under $200 For Your Labor Day Weekend Solo Getaway appeared first on Wit & […]

3. Amanda

August 16th, 2018 at 12:46 pm

Love this post!

4. Alan

August 16th, 2018 at 2:12 pm

I’m planning a solo trip but just can’t bring myself to it, always end up going with someone. THIS IS THE YEAR! Your post convinced me.

5. Leanah

August 17th, 2018 at 9:15 am

I must say – astounding destinations! I love those tiny houses – so simple and so much light inside. I would actually go there by myself to dive into their souls…

6. Danielle Torres

August 17th, 2018 at 9:14 pm

Yay TAMPA!

Also, check out this indie cottage just across the bridge in St. Pete!

7. Vicki

August 19th, 2018 at 7:28 am

Loving that Joshua Tree House with the fireplace and view! Great writing style as well Liz.

8. Rory

August 19th, 2018 at 4:23 pm

Love these options and bookmarked a bunch! Great roundup.
    Might I drop a little plug for our Airbnb? It’s a turquoise house in the Russian River in Northern California and I think you’d like it! Here’s a link: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/22015178
    We use a property manager to run it, so it works more like a hotel.

9. Rory

August 19th, 2018 at 4:28 pm

PS – I wallpapered our staircase after reading about it on here, thanks for the inspiration!

10. Katy

August 20th, 2018 at 3:58 pm

First of all, can we be friends? <3

Second of all THAT TURQUOISE COTTAGE.

11. edrift

September 4th, 2018 at 12:16 pm

Wow impressive images you collected. Thanks

12. golu dolls chennai

September 29th, 2018 at 7:07 am

looking good

13. kanchipuramsarees

September 29th, 2018 at 7:07 am

nice post

14. kanchipuramsarees

September 29th, 2018 at 7:10 am

i like it

15. kanchipuramsarees

September 29th, 2018 at 7:10 am

looking good

16. SwiftStreamzLiveTV

October 19th, 2018 at 2:41 pm

Pretty awesome deals buddy 😀 will give it a short today.