Your Complete Summer-to-Fall Nail Round-Up

Fashion & Style

When I see a set of perfectly manicured nails, I automatically assume it’s a sign you have your proverbial sh*t together. Much like my wild mane that cannot be tamed, my nails will never look #insta ready. But to tell you the truth, when you put looks aside, the act of getting a fresh manicure is a serious luxury in my life. A pedicure is too. And I can’t remember the last time I got either one of them. Literally. I think it might have been when I was pregnant with August. EEK. While powering through one of Bennett’s 4 am wake up calls last week and I came across some pretty insane nail art on Pinterest. It got my design mind to thinking… if painting your nails is an art form all in its own, and one to be admired. Stef and I asked our design intern and resident nail queen, Raquel, to help pull this roundup together because I am at a loss on how people actually do this. She picked designs that are not insanely complicated so there might be a chance at actually #nailingit with these.

If you love your nails on fleek, this post if for you. All I ask is that you tell us HOW and do you need to be ambidextrous?!?

Subtle Nail Art

[show_shopthepost_widget id=”3230306″]

Colorblocking

[show_shopthepost_widget id=”3230308″]

Stripes

[show_shopthepost_widget id=”3230309″]

Bone Colored Neutral

[show_shopthepost_widget id=”3230311″]

Deep, Saturated Earth Tones

[show_shopthepost_widget id=”3230314″]

The Forever Classic

[show_shopthepost_widget id=”3230316″]

Images 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 7 / 10 / 11 / 12 / 13 / 14 / 15 / 16 / 17 / 18 / 19 / 20 / 21 / 22 / 23 / 24

BY Kate Arends - August 8, 2018

1. Kelly

August 8th, 2018 at 11:44 am

Long time reader, first time commenter. These are beautiful nail designs but it is especially striking that there seem to be no pictures of people of color. I know you are working with the images that you find, rather than create, but it can’t be that hard to find pretty polish on a darker skinned model, can it?

2. Morgan

August 8th, 2018 at 1:41 pm

Agreed. I love this site and the way the aesthetics make me feel but as a Biracial woman, that’s one thing that often stands out to me. It’s gotten a bit better in the past few months but the lack of diversity on this site is disappointing.

August 8th, 2018 at 2:11 pm

Hey you guys. Thank you for pointing this out. We’ve realized we have quite a few blindspots and really appreciate you guys calling us out when we miss the mark on representing all our readers. It has never been our intention to exclude anyone but realize that doesn’t mean it is right. We can do better. Thanks for reading and continuing to contribute to the conversation we strive to have. – K

4. Felicia

August 8th, 2018 at 12:25 pm

I’m loving these nail polish colors! I don’t have tan or orange tones, so I’m definitely inspired, especially as we moved into amazing Fall.

5. Eva

August 8th, 2018 at 12:57 pm

I love getting my nails done, though I don’t really like how damaging gel manicures are (though they’re just so darn practical!). Love the bone neutrals and the earth tones – SO BEAUTIFUL!

Eva | http://www.shessobright.com

6. Your Complete Summer-to-Fall Nail Round-Up – Business Blog

August 8th, 2018 at 1:38 pm

[…] post Your Complete Summer-to-Fall Nail Round-Up appeared first on Wit & […]

7. caroline

August 8th, 2018 at 2:13 pm

i had to give my nails a break after powder dip totally mangled them but i can’t wait to have a soft pink paint on my paws come fall
    x0x0 caro https://thecarolove.com/

8. Paige Cassandra Flamm

August 9th, 2018 at 3:05 pm

These nails are so cute! I love all the endless possibilities!

Paige

9. Taylor

August 10th, 2018 at 7:49 am

All about the neutrals and subtle nail art. These are great ideas to help me weave my way into the darker nails during fall. 🙂

10. golu dolls chennai