10 Minimalist Holiday Decor Ideas You Can Do in a Flash

Interiors & Decor

10 Minimalist Holiday Decor Ideas That You Can Do in a Flash – Wit & Delight

Have you ever wondered how to decorate your home for the holidays while maintaining a sense of simplicity and modernism? Don’t get me wrong, I love the over-the-top quality of the holidays and the nostalgic magic of Christmas because deep down it makes my 12-year-old heart very happy. But as I get older and work toward curating the life I want, my home becomes filled with nicer, more thoughtful furniture and even more meaningful belongings. This year, in an attempt to make my home a little less cluttered I opted for simple gold and silver holiday decorations with an earthy touch. I worked with the team to pull together some really fun and unique ways to decorate your home for the holidays. A lot of these minimalist, even abstract art holiday decor ideas are so easy, you can do them in a flash. How are you decorating your home this year for the holidays?

10 Minimalist Holiday Decor Ideas That You Can Do in a Flash – Wit & Delight1. Geometric ornaments // are a simple yet beautiful way to add a little holiday cheer to any wall.

10 Minimalist Holiday Decor Ideas That You Can Do in a Flash – Wit & Delight

2. Hanging cut-paper garland // is a fun and festive way to decorate your mantle that probably hasn’t been seen before.

10 Minimalist Holiday Decor Ideas That You Can Do in a Flash – Wit & Delight

3. Tree sprigs in a stunning vase // adding tree sprigs to any vase that you love is sure to brighten up your space. Place these throughout your house in spots that need a little winter whimsy.

10 Minimalist Holiday Decor Ideas That You Can Do in a Flash – Wit & Delight

4. Greenery in clear ornaments // this would be such a fun DIY project and I imagine it would make any tree look fresh and wonderful.

10 Minimalist Holiday Decor Ideas That You Can Do in a Flash – Wit & Delight

5. Hanging wreaths // choose an open wall and hang a few handcrafted wreaths side-by-side, this is a classic look that is sure to turn heads.

10 Minimalist Holiday Decor Ideas That You Can Do in a Flash – Wit & Delight

6. Wall tree // do you have a tiny space with no room for a big tree? We’ve got you covered. Try creating your own adorable abstract tree, it only needs a few materials.

10 Minimalist Holiday Decor Ideas That You Can Do in a Flash – Wit & Delight

7. Monochrome dinner table // are you hosting a dinner party and hoping to impress your friends and family? This is easy, keep it simple and stick to classic monochrome colors, and of course, add a little bit of Christmas tree foliage to the table to finish off the look.

10 Minimalist Holiday Decor Ideas That You Can Do in a Flash – Wit & Delight

8. Hanging saying garland // if you are in the mood for a craft project I think this hanging garland (that can be created with bendable wire) would be so cheery and charming.

10 Minimalist Holiday Decor Ideas That You Can Do in a Flash – Wit & Delight

9. Sparsely decorated tree with monochrome accents // this is exactly how we decorated our tree this year. With simple silver and gold ornaments paired with white lights. It leaves the living room looking crisp, clean and classy.

10 Minimalist Holiday Decor Ideas That You Can Do in a Flash – Wit & Delight

10. Floating greenery vases // I love this idea! You can purchase these water bottles and white candlesticks at Michaels and then add in extra trimmed off tree branches to complete this look. This is a creative yet inexpensive way to spruce up your home and add a little candlelit warmth for the holidays.

Image sources: top / 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10

Stefani Hodzic is the Editorial Director at Wit & Delight. When she’s not feverishly editing or writing about style and interiors, she runs her bohemian shop  Arden Trading Co. where she sells artisan-made home goods. She lives in Minneapolis with her husband Muhamed.

BY Stefani Hodzic // W&D Editorial Director - November 29, 2018