How to Decorate for Small Spaces While Still Making them Feel BIG

Interiors & Decor

I don’t know about you but I think it’s pretty safe to say we’ve ALL lived in a small space before or even tried to make a little living space work for us in some way or another. Tiny spaces can be functional, charming and full of character too. Here are a few inspirational images of spaces that I’m loving, along with a handful of tips on how to make your home look like this! Which look is your favorite? And how do you decorate for your petite spaces?

When styling small spaces you should try to use white color tones whenever you can! This light and airy ambiance can make your space feel bigger and brighter than any other color.

Try the adage old trick and work in large mirrors or mix in a couple different sized mirrors wherever you see fit.

Reach for quaint furniture that is just the right size. Like these cute and perfectly curated nightstands above or this pint-sized stool below.

In small spaces, shelving is key! Decorative and functional shelving can play a huge role in making your room feel homey and organized.

From bar carts near your bed to adding in extra shelving where you see fit – exposed storage is key. I always try to find pretty products that also minimize the clutter.

Images: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11 / 12 / 13

BY Kate Arends - December 28, 2018

1. How to Decorate for Small Spaces While Still Making them Feel BIG – Business Blog

December 28th, 2018 at 12:58 pm

[…] Continue reading How to Decorate for Small Spaces While Still Making them Feel BIG at Wit & Deli… […]

2. This + That – Keira Lennox

December 30th, 2018 at 9:56 am

[…] can’t get enough tips for decorating for small spaces, and I love this roundup of suggestions from one of my favorite blogs, Wit + […]

3. CherylK

December 30th, 2018 at 12:56 pm

Great ideas. I’m going to share this on my blog’s Facebook page and will likely incorporate it into a post, if that’s okay with you.

4. Stephen

January 11th, 2019 at 4:34 pm

I have always liked the idea of round tables instead of square or rectangular ones to make a room “feel” bigger. Then again, I also think high dining tables do the trick as well. At that point, I struggle to find the appropriate chairs. I’m currently sitting on these right now (https://www.industrywest.com/octane-bar-stool-4799.html), and I am absolutely in love with them!

5. milesmsith Smith

January 17th, 2019 at 8:47 am

Thanks for sharing.I found a lot of interesting information here. https://akinator.ooo/ A really good post, very thankful and hopeful that you will write many more posts like this one.

6. milesmsith Smith

January 17th, 2019 at 8:48 am

I found a lot of interesting information here.https://viamichelin.onl/ A really good post, very thankful and hopeful that you will write many more posts like this one.

7. Ludmila

January 29th, 2019 at 9:57 pm

The florals and plants make such a wonderful difference to the feel of every room! It goes to show that a few flowers in a well chosen vase or finding the right planter pot enliven and take a space to the next level. Wonderful inspiration and ideas!