Branch Basics is offering 15% off all Starter Kits now until May 31, 2019. Just enter the promo code DELIGHT when purchasing. For more information on how to detox your home, visit Branch Basic’s Home Cleanse guide.
Even though I hate to admit it, I went the first X years of my life freely using whatever household products I pleased. In hindsight, I think I trusted that if the contents of our supplies were harmful, thousands of people wouldn’t continue to buy and use them in their homes every day. To my own dismay, I’ve learned this is unfortunately not the case.
Since then, I’ve committed to becoming more aware of the ingredients found in the products we use to clean (not poison) our homes. And as a big believer in “knowledge is power”, I want to share some of what I’ve learned, as well as a few of my favorite approved products, in hopes that we are all able to make smarter decisions when shopping for cleaning products.
1. Dryer sheets are notorious for carrying toxic chemicals, so it’s time we opt for an all-natural alternative such as Branch Basic’s wool Dryer Balls, which are free of pesticides, dyes, and fragrances. Plus, the balls will even shorten dry time by 10-25%!
2. Branch Basic’s new Laundry Kit is the perfect solution for all your laundry needs. The kit comes complete with one 33 oz. Concentrate, one Laundry bottle, and one Oxygen Boost.. Be sure to use the promo code DELIGHT to receive 15% off your purchase of the Laundry Kit.
3. Hypoallergenic, biodegradable and made without animal byproducts, Honest’s Fabric Softener reduces static and gently softens clothes.
2. Made with ingredients including essential oils, aloe vera, and olive oil, Mrs. Meyers Clean Day Hand Soap is hardworking, easy on the skin, and cruelty-free.
3. Formulated using botanicals and scientifically validated man-made ingredients, Aesop’s high-quality cleanser cleans hands without drying them out.
1. Designed to effectively cut through grime and grease, The Honest Company’s Multi-Surface Cleaner is hard on messes and easy on surfaces.
2. When diluted with water, the Concentrate by Branch Basics powerfully cleans a multitude of surfaces throughout their home, including washing laundry!
3. Designed to be used in a multitude of ways, Dr. Bronner’s All-Purpose Soap cleans your body, your floors, and your dishes. Talk about bang for your buck!
1. Ditch your average paper towels and opt for those made of 100% recycled paper. Seventh Generation Paper Towels make a great alternative. This option from Amazon includes 4 6-packs of paper towels, for 24 jumbo rolls total.
2. Garbage bags are another cleaning tool often overlooked when evaluating the eco-footprint of one’s kitchen. The Tall Kitchen Bags from If You Care are even compostable, giving you the peace of mind of knowing you aren’t adding another plastic bag to a landfill.
3. Perfect for scrubbing dishes, produce, and tough stains, the Natural Scrub Brush from Branch Basics is 100% untreated, and constructed of natural beechwood.
1. Yes, even the dirtiest of jobs don’t require toxic chemicals. Free of parabens and sulfates, Ecover’s plant-based Toilet Bowl Cleaner cleans, decalcifies, and freshens your toilet without disseminating toxic fumes into the air.
2. Common Good’s eco-friendly Bathroom Cleaner is made of thoughtfully chosen ingredients including plant-derived lactic acid for removing scum, and pure essential oil scents for non-toxic fragrance. Bonus: it’s biodegradable, meaning it naturally breaks down quickly, without leaving any harmful residue in the environment.
3. Another non-toxic alternative, Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day Toilet Bowl Cleaner, deodorizes the entire bowl without using harsh chemicals like chlorine, dyes, or solvents. Its effective formula includes plant-derived ingredients and essential oils, making the nasty job a bit more bearable.
1. Biokleen’s Bac-Out Stain & Odor Remover is a saving grace for pets, kids, and everyday messes. Formulated using live enzyme cultures and lime extract, Bac-Out helps eliminate odors and remove stains.
2. An excellent whitener, brightener, and stain fighter, the Oxygen Boost by Branch Basics is free of fragrance, binding agents, and solvents, keeping your family safe.
3. For a refreshing scent, mist Caldrea Linen and Room Spray on your laundry, linens, and throughout your rooms, without having to worry about toxic chemicals.
1. Truce’s all-natural toxin-free Wood Cleaner helps nourish floors, cabinets, and furniture, keeping them polished and smooth.
2. When working with grimy surfaces, I opt for Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day Surface Scrub. Made without chlorine and phosphate, this effective powder cleaner works great on tile, stainless steel, professional cookware, porcelain, and more.
3. Made without chlorine, perfume, or dye, Bon Ami Powder Cleanser polishes and cleans without scratching.
*all unlinked images are product photos from each respective retailer
Editor’s Note: This article contains affiliate links. Wit & Delight uses affiliate links as a source for revenue to fund operations of the business and to be less dependent on branded content. Wit & Delight stands behind all product recommendations. Still have questions about these links or our process? Feel free to email us.
BY Paige Gardiner - April 6, 2019
Thank you for being here. For being open to enjoying life’s simple pleasures and looking inward to understand yourself, your neighbors, and your fellow humans! I’m looking forward to chatting with you.
Easily navigate all our recommended products across beauty, fashion, decor, and wellness.