Health & Wellness

Wit-Delight-Green-Tea-Mask

Believe it or not, the best thing to happen to your skin just might be sitting in your pantry. I’m a huge fan of using everyday ingredients to create affordable masks and scrubs, so when I came across this incredibly simple green tea and honey mask from Jamie Krell, I stopped what I was doing (getting ready to go to work this morning!) and gave myself a little 15 minute spa treatment. If you’re looking for a fantastic way to start the work day, this is one of them.

Wit-Delight-Green-Tea-Mask

DIY masks don’t get easier than this: Mix moistened green leaves (just cut open a green tea bag) with honey to form a paste and coat your entire face – leave on for 15 minutes and rinse with warm water.

The ingredients are packed full of antioxidants, great for clearing redness, and helps to prevent blackheads. It also smells great…that is if you’re a fan of green tea and honey. This mask is great for spot treatments, too. My trouble spots for redness are around my nose, eyebrows, and chin, so I saved a little bit of the mixture for smaller treatments in the coming week.

Wit-Delight-Green-Tea-Mask

Here’s me, makeup-free and happy as a clam about my soon-to-be glowing complexion. I hope you guys try this with great results. Three cheers for affordable and easy beauty regimens!

BY Kate Arends - January 15, 2014

1. I’ve been looking for a good homemade mask, and this one looks perfect!

2. Katya says:

When you say moistened tea leaves, do you mean after you make some tea or fresh tea slightly wet? Thanks. Fast and simple.

3. […] Mr Tim Walker. I am astounded that I only just came across this. + Wit and Delight shares a super simple face mask that doesn’t force you to leave the house for supplies. Also this website design is gorgeous. […]

4. […] time: una maschera fatta i casa con the verde e miele, da […]

5. […] seems like the perfect face mask for winter […]

6. […] | Homemade green tea and honey mask : The lovely Kate Arends from Wit and Delight shared this earlier this week and I’ll confess, […]

7. […] This weeks Neat may look as though it belongs in the Treat category but this little concoction is actually a green tea and honey face mask. It’s super quick and you probably have everything you need already! Packed full of antioxidants which combat redness and help prevent blackheads it’s a great way to boost your complexion and start the day. See the full how to on Wit + Delight. […]

8. Ines says:

Amazing! I should try this!

9. […] easy face mask might be a nice addition to a lazy weekend. Plus, a winter skin […]

10. sarah says:

this sounds perfect.

11. Desi says:

I love diy masks. I don’t do them as often as I would like because I forget. Thanks for the reminder.

12. […] links for the recipes 1.Avocado mask (for dry skin) 2. Oatmeal and honey (provides exfoliation) 3.Green tea 4.Greek yogurt 5. Egg white. Simply remove the yolk , you can save it for your hair, or use it for […]

13. […] one of these masks as part of my eternal search for happy winter skin. Anyone have a secret […]

14. lai says:

Tried this and loved it! I made a cup of tea first before tearing the wet tea bag for the face mask. Thanks for sharing 🙂

15. icebergslym says:

Just did it, and really appreciated. thank you 🙂

16. […] hooked on honey, but tea leaves? In a face mask? Kate at Wit + Delight has me thinking about what else I’ve been missing out on. […]

17. Amy says:

I’ve been doing this for months and it’s amazing!!

18. […] you might have noticed that I’m really into natural beauty products. I would LOVE to try this honey & green tea mask when I get the […]

19. […] your kitchen. While scouring the web for the best natural and homemade face masks,  came across this one for a Green Tea and Honey face mask, and decided to give it a whirl! Honey is an natural […]

20. makenzie says:

I put in a splash of milk to break up the honey and make it easier to spread, it worked wonders for me! 🙂

21. sunni says:

my skin feels AMAZING after this mask, thank you!

22. Itsmrsvaca2u says:

How did you store the leftover mixture for future use, and for how Long?

• Kate says:

I actually kept the dish on my bathroom counter and used it a couple times the following week. It keeps pretty well in a pretty little jar without any refrigeration!

23. bridget says:

You should also try pink lemonade face scub smells and works great!

24. pandastripe says:

Will a used green tea bag still be okay to mix with he honey?

25. Roxanne Yong says:

Can you store it in an air tight container?

26. […] 2. Green Tea and Honey Mask […]

27. Bushra says:

Does it work for brighten up dark complexion .. N also for dark pimples spots ?

28. Lisa W. says:

I mixed this up after brewing green tea for drinking. I think I had about 10 bags for the gallon of tea I made. I just cut the bags open while they were still damp and mixed with enough honey to make a paste. It made at least a couple of ounces of product so I keep the rest in an airtight little bowl and keep it in the fridge. I don’t believe the fridge is necessary since neither honey nor green tea require it on their own but I think the cool product gives it a little soothing extra bonus! I’m think I’m going to try blending it to see if I can get a “creamy’ consistency from it! Ive only used twice so far so I’ll post again later after a few more treatments to give results.

29. jj says:

Best to use freshly made tea and make single batches. It loses its antioxident power over time.

30. kate says:

Is normal squeezy honey okay to use??

31. […] option, host a spa party at home. There are lots of recipes for home beauty treatments, like this green tea and honey mask. Image via […]

32. […] – DIY green tea honey mask […]

33. Julie says:

Once a day? Or twice?

34. Ness says:

Try it as a hair mask too, helps damaged hair, coconut oil in this mixture is really good too.
    Also while you have your face mask on pop some coconut oil in your bath and sit and relax The Lauric Acid in Coconut Oil Can Kill Bacteria, Viruses and Fungi, Helping to Stave Off Infections.
    So oil your self up ladies!!

35. amazingawesome says:

36. amazingawesome says:

Mix half two tables spoons of aloe Vera gel and half tea spoon of dark brown sugar to make this a brilliant scrub.

37. Michelle says:

You can use fresh lemon juice on dark acne spots to lighten them, and even a few drops of lemon juice in your mask as an all over brightener. I just did an awesome mask using green tea juice (dipped tea bag in boiled water and squeezed out the water from it), honey (raw/unfiltered), few drops of lemon juice, and ground oatmeal into powder. Formed a paste and leave it on as long as you like, at least an hour… If you need more liquid in your mix just use a little of your fresh brewed green tea. It’s on my face now, been for an hour or so. So far so good!
    Also, before applying the mask, I brewed some green tea, poured in a bowl, and steamed my face for 10 minutes to open my pores. Also drank a large cup of green tea with honey and lemon as an added antioxidant experience! Love pampering myself, inside and out!

38. cara says:

How many times a day do you do this?

39. cara says:

How many times a day would you recommend to do this?

40. kike says:

I really love the DIY all natural masks for my acne and I really love green tea. I’ve been reading a lot about green tea and honey masks, and I wanna try it but before I do can I just ask one thing? Will this dye your skin green at all?

41. fiona says:

Hi! I just want to let you know that i tried this and this mask ACTUALLY WORKS! My problem area is my chin specially during summer. But this mask prevents new breakouts and dries existing pimples. Really amazing, effective and affordable. After only a week of applying the mask twice a day (before going to work and before going to bed) i could see results. Thanks for the post.

42. jahnel says:

How long does it last if i put it in the refigerator and do i have to use it right away after making it.

43. Bellissima says:

Trying this as a make-up free solution for my face. We love it!

44. Kate says:

When will I use this mask? Before or after washing my face with soap?

45. Kate says:

When will I use this mask? Before or after washing my face? Thank you

46. I wash my face all the time. Thanks for posting. We read and love your blog!

47. […] your own facial mask mixture couldn’t be any easier than this. Combine slightly moistened green tea leaves […]

48. Sarangi Patel says:

I just added honey, green tea and baking soda. It worked as a wonderful scrub and left it for 10 minutes. ..

49. Jam says:

For me I make my tea(green tea) in hot water, let it sit for 2 minutes and remove tea bag then mix green tea with honey.. Prepare a small bowl and mix honey with the used tea, remove the bag And the mix the tea and honey and apply it to your face…cover ur face and let it sit for 30 minutes while enjoying a cup of tea and cookies… After 30 min. Wash ur face with cold water aand pat dry with clean towel.. Don’t forget to use moisturizer. I do this everyday, makes ur pore smaller and removes blackheads.. 🙂 viola ur beautiful!!!!!!!

50. Larraine says:

Hi. stumbled upon your blog today. How long did you do this? What was the long term effect? Thanks.

51. Very descriptive blog, I loved thhat a lot. Will there be a part 2?

52. melanie says:

How many times do we do it??

53. Vish says:

How often should we apply this facepack? Daily?

54. […] out this green tea and honey face mask from Wit & Delight. We love all of these natural and organic recipes that will be whipping your skin in to shape in no […]

55. Portia says:

This sounds great, I’ll be sure to try it with my fresh cup of green tea and just relax! Thanks 🙂

56. Jordan says:

Today i made some green tea and wondered, what if i can use the teabag for a facial? So i googled “green tea and honey face mask” and this showed up! it really is a great mask, i have it on right now and it feels great ! so excited to see the results !

57. kosmetik says:

Hey there terrific website! Does running a blig like this require a
    massive amount work? I have very little expertise in computer programming
    however I had been hoping to start myy own blog soon. Anyways, should you hve any
    recommendations or techniques for neew blog owners please share.
    I know this is offf subject however I simply wanted to ask.

Appreciate it!

58. Margaret _ A says:

For sometime after the mask…I tried warm honey and green tea bath and it is working so well.I think you should try it.less expensive… I am losing weight and getting a more beautiful skin ????.

59. Ana says:

well i have green tea but only the actual leaves, is it still okay to use or should i cut the leafs up or something?

60. Eden says:

does this have immediate results or do you have to use the mask a couple times before it starts to show?

61. Sravz says:

Hi, I have combination skin (oily t-zone ) with open pores.My skin looks dull and oily.I have tried almost all remedies.But none of them worked for me.Please suggest some effective face mask

62. Posh says:

Just tried it… It works magic. Added little lemon into the mix. I’m going try this twice daily for 4weeks to see a perfect skin tone and smoothness.

63. Hafsah Khan says:

Hi i love this idea of a face mask. I will absoloutly try this mask in the morning!
    Also i will tell the results too. X
    Do u know any face scrubs which are very effective but with homemade simple ingrediants whichactually work for teenage spots and big pimples?

64. Emily says:

I noticed a difference after trying it once!! I’m so happy, thank-you so much for sharing!!! I will continue to use this method in the future. How often would you recommend doing this per week? Thanks again!

65. Judy says:

I just used a used green tea bag and sugar to scrub my face last night, and this morning. I got compliments from my colleagues that I’m looking beautiful. It feels great too, with a wonderful scent.

66. amy says:

I have struggled with acne for a while and this has been helping alot so far. I have tried everything and this seems to dry it up without leaving it irritated.

67. ACNE says:

i did this and broke out emmediently after. i usually have non sensitive skin but i now have very bumpy skin. the tea leaves make this very abbrasive

68. Gemma says:

Love this mask, the only thing I added was pure glycerin. My face felt amazing after the mask… I did two organic tea bags cut open one teaspoon of pure vegetable glycerin, and two teaspoons of honey. Blemishes automatically became smaller and skin felt soft with an excellent glow!!!! Will definitely continue once a week!!

69. Cathy says:

Which moisturiser should I use after the green tea and honey mask

70. Nita Lou says:

Looking forward to trying this for smoother skin and irritated red spots. Keeping fingers crossed that this simple and affordable mixture will not only feel good but help any inflammation

71. Vinod says:

Can i use ,used green tea bag

72. I will teach you how to make green tea at home.

73. Homemade Honey mask is very healthy for your skin.

74. Exbackbook says:

Girls are putting honey mask on their face to look beautiful.

75. JessicaBlair says:

I like this recipe. It is really nice.

76. This gree tea is great before workout.

77. It is healthy to drink green tea especially homemade

78. […]      สูตรมาสก์หน้าตัวนี้ง่ายมาก ๆ แค่ฉีกซองชาเขียวเอาแต่เนื้อชามา แล้วเอามาผสมกับน้ำผึ้งแท้ เอามาพอกหน้าทิ้งไว้ 10-20 นาที แล้วค่อยล้างหน้าออกด้วยน้ำเปล่า เราจะรู้สึกได้ว่าผิวหน้าดูสดชื้นขึ้น แถมนุ่มขึ้นด้วย   cr photo : witanddelight.com […]

79. Michael says:

Use honey mask on your face to get more white.

80. Brian says:

I will definitely try this honey mask.

81. I am huge fan of these honey mask.

82. This is additionally another alternative where the individuals could access the Musical.ly Join process. Users can enter their Facebook credentials once more.

83. […] everyone else), check out this DIY sheet mask recipe. If you don’t have matcha handy, here is a Homemade Green Tea and Honey Mask recipe that you can make with green tea bags. Plus, it makes a nice gentle exfoliator to slough away dead […]

84. Sara Tom says:

I can earn money being at home. So I have enough time to do different masks) I’ll try it? thanks!

Making money being at home helps me referral program. You can read about it here https://www.linksmanagement.com/earn/

85. I love facemasks, I tried the black face mask just recently and it was great. I am gonna try out this green tea and honey one

86. Option Tips says:

I tried and its really effective. woww

87. sapnea says:

At this time I am going to do my breakfast, once having my breakfast coming over again to read additional news.

88. Amanda Brook says:

Pretty! This was an extremely wonderful article. Thank you for supplying this information.

89. I am glad that I found this.

90. At this time I am going to do my breakfast

91. awesome thanks for article

92. coca says:

Homemade green tea and honey masks are simple and effective. I will learn to do this strange face.
    vex 3