Taylor Stitch Gets Everything Women Love About Wearing Men’s Clothing

Fashion & Style

3T0B3770

There’s plenty advice out there on finding your “forever” uniform. You know, the outfit you can wear for decades; your calling card of a look. For some women, it’s wearing all black. For others, it’s pearls and a sheath. For me, it’s always been a men’s dress shirt, slimming pants and a pair of flats. That, and a little blush and a swipe or two of mascara. I’ll wear this when I’m 90, God willing.

3T0B3824

When you wear as many collared shirts as I do– it is my uniform after all– you quickly realize details matter more the simpler a piece of clothing is. The white dress shirt is no different. I tried buying oversized white shirts in the women’s section, but found the fit never slouched in the way my men’s shirts did. My men’s shirts had their problems as well. The neck never kept shape and I was always pushing up the sleeves.

3T0B3812

Enter Taylor Stitch. I was introduced to Taylor Stitch back in 2011, just as they were gaining momentum offering great fitting, custom dress shirts for men. The brand took off, and they’ve been building their offering ever since. Designing a women’s line was the logical next step. So, Taylor Stitch enlisted clothing and jewelry designer Kate Jones to consult on the first Taylor Stitch Women’s line. I’m a huge fan of everything Kate touches, in fact, I wear this and this every day.

3T0B3920

Kate worked closely with designer Samantha Garcia and the Taylor Stitch in-house team to create pieces both timeless and classic– all born out of menswear staples. The perfect crew neck sweater. The only dress shirt you’d ever need. The pull over best suited for a day sailing. The chore jacket that will only get better with time. The patterns are cut to fit a women’s body, without losing the distinct look and feel of wearing men’s clothing. The pieces are limited-run, and a new item is introduced a few times each month. Samantha will now be leading the helm of the women’s collection, and I can’t wait to see what she comes up with.

3T0B3821

I’ve been wearing a handful of pieces from their women’s collect this summer, and I’m happy to share my favorite three pieces from the collection with you today:

3T0B3731

1. Isla Chambray Pant $68 This pant is carefully crafted and hugs in all the right places. I love the detailing at the cuff, and the angled pockets. A very flattering pant.

3T0B3739

2. The Caroline – White Pinpoint Oxford Shirt $125
The quintessential, get-up-and-go white shirt. Buy it in L for a particularly slouchy fit. I love the rounded collar. Gorgeous.

3T0B4073

3. The Cass – Sea Washed Indigo Sweatshirt $98.00
I live in this sweatshirt. Any one of my friends will tell you that is true! The indigo color is lovely and it’s faded nicely over time.

What I love most about Taylor Stitch Women’s is how subtle the special touches are. It’s a reminder that our clothes shouldn’t wear us, and the best accessory is the lady wearing them.

3T0B3767

Sponsorship Note: Taylor Stitch gifted the clothing shown here in this post.

Additional items shown here: Nike ‘Pre Montreal’ and Shinola Runwell Black

Photos by 2nd Truth

BY Kate - September 22, 2014

1. Tori / My Om Life

September 22nd, 2014 at 1:12 pm

What a fantastic line! Those pants looks amazing! And you look so simple and stunning Kate. Thanks for sharing:)

Much love,
    Tori

September 22nd, 2014 at 2:49 pm

Thank you, Tori!! <3

3. lisa

September 22nd, 2014 at 3:10 pm

seems a bit insane that their large is built for a 6-8.

September 24th, 2014 at 12:32 pm

Hey Lisa! I get you. They definitely run smaller than most pants and I know they appreciate your feedback!! Thanks for sharing. <3

5. Zhenya

September 22nd, 2014 at 4:01 pm

That is a great line! I’ve never heard of them before, so thank you for sharing, Kate!

Zhenya

6. maxine

September 22nd, 2014 at 4:44 pm

Kate – hate to ask this but what size are you wearing? I’m unsure of whether to get a small or medium but you look about my size!

September 24th, 2014 at 12:31 pm

Hi Maxine! I’m wearing a small. I typically wear a size 25-26 pant, but I have a butt and some curves. The small is just a tad tight on me, but has relaxed since wearing, due to the chambray material. I hope this helps!

8. Aimee Guzman

September 22nd, 2014 at 9:23 pm

Love this look! So effortless, so casual yet elegant.

9. Corina Nika

September 23rd, 2014 at 1:32 am

oh this is simply divine!

10. Mrs B

September 23rd, 2014 at 5:06 am

Love these looks they are tres chic! I love borrowing my husbands shirts, the cut and slouch just seems to fit much better than when I buy women’s shirts 🙂

11. Katya

September 23rd, 2014 at 8:56 am

Such a beautiful designed shop. This is such a nice look, that I always admired. PS. Your brows are always amazing. Do you have a secret?

12. annie tucker

September 23rd, 2014 at 9:16 am

those pants are fantastic.

My everyday look is boyfriend jeans and a white cotton shirt. i love the simplicity of these looks.

13. Kelly Jo

September 23rd, 2014 at 9:44 am

Any Men’s Tee, Sweater, or Shirt is my go-to. This look is simple but good and your pup makes the perfect accessory, so so cute.

14. Emma

September 23rd, 2014 at 10:59 am

Love the clothes, and that is the gosh darn cutest picture of little Winnie.

15. Stefania

September 23rd, 2014 at 11:24 am

Gorgeous look! I often thieve my boyf’s printed tees — like you mention above, men’s tops have that slouch-factor that (even deliberately oversized) womenswear can’t seem to nail. Thanks for sharing this brand 🙂

16. Kerry

September 23rd, 2014 at 2:13 pm

Love how effortless yet totally put together this look is. Comfy but super stylish! Great cut out detail at the ankle of the pant.

17. Jade Sheldon-Burnsed

September 23rd, 2014 at 5:46 pm

Looking lovely as ever…

18. playstation gratuit

September 23rd, 2014 at 11:44 pm

Greetings! Quick question that’s totally off topic.
    Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly?

My blog looks weird when viewing from my iphone4. I’m trying to find a template or plugin that might be able to resolve this issue.

If you have any suggestions, please share. Thank you!

19. Shannon Buckley

September 24th, 2014 at 12:26 pm

Lisa, I’m with you! I was *this close* to ordering all three items on the spot, but there’s no way a large in those pants would fit me, as I’m usually a 10, sometimes 12 depending on what brand (big butt problems, sigh). So sad! Might be able to make the tops work though, but it worries me that Kate recommends a large in the shirt, and I must be at least a size bigger than her. 🙁

September 24th, 2014 at 12:29 pm

Hey Lisa!! The shirts are definitely a standard size! I went with a large because I wanted it to extra big, and honestly I could have probably went with a medium and gotten a similar look. I hope that helps!! <3

21. alexis

September 24th, 2014 at 5:21 pm

These photos are lovely and that is a seriously adorable puppy. I’m excited to check out Taylor Stitch, thanks for sharing this!

22. Amy @ The American-Made Guide to Life

September 25th, 2014 at 8:10 am

Love the look. Plus you can’t go wrong with adding a Shinola watch to the mix.

23. Chelsea

September 25th, 2014 at 12:30 pm

You look gorgeous Kate! I love a good bit of menswear and the perfect white shirt has definitely been the most illusive item on my wishlist in years past. Thank you for sharing this awesome version!

24. sdang

September 26th, 2014 at 7:06 pm

It’s my uniform too!
    I have been on the hunt for that perfect women’s men-style white collar button up shirt… and now i’ve found it!
    It has been so hard to find a white shirt THAT ISN’T SEE THROUGH!

25. 9 ways with the 9to5 classic | South Central Edit

October 3rd, 2014 at 8:48 am

[…] via Wit & Delight […]

26. Clara

October 4th, 2014 at 2:13 pm

Love the shirt the pants the look! Thank you for sharing.

27. Najee

October 6th, 2014 at 6:07 am

So clean and pretty.

28. friday links | THE GOLD STANDARD

October 10th, 2014 at 11:23 am

[…] these men’s pieces for women. I need those gray […]

29. Josefin

January 2nd, 2015 at 1:57 pm

What is the name from the Nike modell?? ♥.♥

30. On Trend: Casual kicks - [225]

March 4th, 2015 at 3:00 pm

[…] Kate Arends of Wit and Delight […]

31. friday faves: wardrobe edition | {OH} VICTORIA

May 8th, 2015 at 11:11 am

[…] reason for making the switch to a work uniform incredibly relatable.  2. Here’s the lovely Kate of Wit & Delight showing off her take on the uniform.  3. Soon after we read about the uniform, we read about […]

32. The Tomboy Style Illustrated And The Cute Tomboy Outfits You Don't Want To Miss - Just The Design

June 6th, 2015 at 3:11 pm

[…] Kate Arends pulls of a simple yet classic look of a plain white shirt with grey trousers and trainers! […]

33. Super-Chic ways to Style the Classic White Button-down Shirt – My Blog

January 10th, 2016 at 2:42 pm

[…] image via Wit and Delight […]

34. Jackie Brenner

April 14th, 2016 at 1:31 pm

Love this look! But the pants linked to on the Taylor Stitch site are not the ones you are wearing in the photo shoot. Please advise, I covet your pants in the above photos!

April 15th, 2016 at 7:59 pm

Hi Jackie, this is an old post…looks like the product is no longer available, or the url has changed. I’ll look into it.

36. Como usar: Camisa branca | Just Lia

June 8th, 2016 at 11:00 am

[…] KATE | JACEY | PRISCILA | KIMBERLY […]

37. Super-Chic ways to Style the Classic White Button-down Shirt – High On Fashion

July 16th, 2016 at 5:57 am

[…] image via Wit and Delight […]

38. Love Always, Constance

November 8th, 2016 at 10:58 am

[…] Kate Arends pulls of a simple yet classic look of a plain white shirt with grey trousers and trainers! […]

39. CC

August 30th, 2017 at 8:05 am

Ditto on the last – would love the actual pants from the photo and not currently on TS. Thanks in advance! Love love the outfit.

40. George J. Dominguez

September 3rd, 2017 at 11:53 am

Credible thought of giving women an unusual to try off, custom suits and tweed suits can be tried more often

41. 8 Audacious Ways The Women's Clothing Industry Is Scamming You - MRJ DEAL

November 2nd, 2017 at 9:12 pm

[…] to their sizes. A woman who is size 6 at American Eagle might be a 0 at Ann Taylor…” Wit and Delight How can you fight the power? Buy men’s clothes, which are often higher quality for lower […]

42. The Real Reason Why Girls Don't Have Pockets In Their Shirts Like Guys Do! – Crumbed Chicken 🍗 🍗

November 28th, 2017 at 11:23 am