Wanna Makeover Your Space with Wit & Delight x Lowe’s?

Lifestyle

Photo Feb 08, 2 34 46 PM

Change is good. Sometimes it doesn’t feel like it, especially during critical growth moments (the good and the bad): an unexpected illness, an exciting move to a new part of the country, marriage, divorce, attending grad school, having your first (planned or unplanned) child. Sometimes you can prepare for the emotional rollercoaster that inevitably comes with the change. More often than not, at least in my case, no amount of preparation can ready us for the emotional upheaval headed our way.

When change comes barreling at you like a runaway freight train, focusing on what you can control is good way to regain your footing. A fresh start at home is a good place to start.

Photo Jan 11, 2 46 10 PM

One of the reasons why I love Wit & Delight, is the opportunity to help others, be it through virtual group therapy via the comments page or sharing tips and tricks. This spring we have an opportunity for me to work with you (one of you, at least) on a room refresh! I’ve partnered with Lowe’s to design and create a Spring Room Makeover for one applicant. I’ll be working closely with one reader to transform their space from moodboard to reality. FUN, you guys!

I’d love to hear what space in your home needs a little TLC and how you and your family will use the space in the future. Please keep in mind, this is not a contest, winners will not be chosen at random. This is casting call, and will require applicants to visit lowesspringmakeover2016.castingcrane.com to submit an request online. I will be reading each and every one of the submissions, so please forgive me if I go a little dark on social media over the next few days.

Additional details/requirements:

• Be looking to fix up a space within their residence.
  • Makeover project should be able to be completed within 24 hours.
  • Must be the owner of your home.
  • Be outgoing, energetic, and fun with unique stories to tell.
  • Be comfortable being on camera and/or interviewed by media.
  • Be in need of expert design help from one participating blogger.
  • Be able to make quick decisions in order to keep tight timelines.
  • Be available for a 2 day period to complete the makeover (between February 9 -May 1, 2016).
  • Allow photos of your home to be shared online.
  • Must be 21 years of age or older to apply.
  • Complete the online application form and agree to the Terms below.
  • To apply visit: lowesspringmakeover2016.castingcrane.com
  • We will only contact eligible participants.

If the answer is “yes” to the questions above, visit  lowesspringmakeover2016.castingcrane.com and complete the online application by 11:59PM EST February 11, 2016.

Please visit lowesspringmakeover2016.castingcrane.com for a full list of terms and conditions, along with any additional considerations.

Ed. note: Wit & Delight received compensation from Lowe’s for participation in the Spring Room Refresh project. While compensation was received in exchange for coverage, all thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting our partners!

BY Kate Arends - February 9, 2016

1. heather

February 9th, 2016 at 10:47 am

hi kate, is this “renovation” relating to an entire make-over of a space, including furniture, etc.? or just a specific project, for example, a half-bath make-over? would like to know before I apply.

February 9th, 2016 at 12:05 pm

Hi Heather,

This is not a renovation project, so there won’t be any demolition: removal of walls, electrical work, etc. It includes cosmetic updates like: tile, flooring, paint, fixtures, and decorative furnishings (or furniture) depending on the project. I hope this helps!

K

3. Allison

February 9th, 2016 at 11:38 am

I am also concerned about the requirement that ‘all makeovers must be able to be completed in 24 hours’ part. What kind of makeover is this specifically just a re-arrangement of existing furniture then? I know that I personally cannot complete projects that require painting in under 24 hours, but maybe a blogger with the help of Lowes could??

February 9th, 2016 at 12:03 pm

Hi Allison!

It is a project that will be done within a 2 day time period, and in addition to my help, Lowe’s will be providing volunteers to ensure it is an enjoyable experience. Hope this helps!

5. Sara

February 9th, 2016 at 1:26 pm

Hi Kate,
    I can’t tell based on the description – are we responsible for financing the project, or does Lowes? We recently bought our first house and I have several projects on my wish list, but budget is another story, haha. 🙂

Thank you!
    Sara

February 10th, 2016 at 11:22 am

Hi Sara! Lowe’s has a set budget for materials. You and I would work together on the vision for the project and work within their budget. Hope this helps!

7. Lauren

February 10th, 2016 at 1:48 pm

Hi Kate,

I have more than one space in my home that I would like to be renovated. Is it ok to submit 2 entries – one for each room?

Thanks!,
    Lauren

8. A.

February 10th, 2016 at 3:04 pm

Done! Kind of fun to at least give it a try.

9. Jasie

February 10th, 2016 at 3:16 pm

I entered! I’m so excited. My kitchen/dining needs updated in a bad way.

10. Brittany

February 10th, 2016 at 3:44 pm

Thank you Kate! What a fun opportunity!

11. David W

February 10th, 2016 at 11:37 pm

Hi Kate, I just shot you an email as well. I had filled out the entire questionnaire and when I clicked “submit,” it said it was no longer available. Above, you state that it is available until 11:59pm EST on February 11th. Is there any other way to submit my entry? Thanks very much!

12. Valerie

February 11th, 2016 at 1:37 pm

@David, I just submitted mine and it went through. Maybe try again! Good luck to us both!!

13. Marlene @ Idle Hands Awake

February 11th, 2016 at 9:30 pm

Applied! So excited, I adore your style and would be pumped to win the makeover! Thanks for this opportunity! xoxo

14. Alan

February 11th, 2016 at 11:16 pm

Hi Kate, I also sent you the questionnaire and when I clicked “Submit”, it said this was no longer available. Should I try again?

15. Noelle

February 12th, 2016 at 3:01 pm

Eek! Crossing my fingers for a win on this one. Our home office is desperately in need of some design love. What a great opportunity !

16. Juliet

February 13th, 2016 at 8:59 pm

This is so awesome! I want to enter, but I feel like I need my own home to do so… not just a room in my parents’ home :/ Next time!

17. Wynne

February 14th, 2016 at 2:27 pm

so sad to have missed this deadline. 4 kids, husband, dog + one butt, dark cabinet, no light, oddly laid-out kitchen makes my everyday include pulling out my own hair and pounding my head against hard surfaces. I used to like cooking but now I just want to use postmates to avoid chopping on six inches of dark granite counter space while the little people are constantly pulling at my legs in a space that doesn’t allow for any additional feet. congratulations to the big winner and if there’s any other opportunities to transform a room, please just show up at my house and I’ll make some tea.

18. Andrea

February 16th, 2016 at 9:17 pm

What a great idea! Bummed I didn’t see this a few days sooner!
    Thank you for sharing your design gift with your readers! I will be anxiously awaiting the reveal 🙂

19. Ashley

February 17th, 2016 at 10:18 am

When will the winner be announced?

20. Courtney

March 2nd, 2016 at 1:36 pm

Any word on when a winner may be announced? Super curious!

21. kat

April 13th, 2016 at 9:26 am

Did you end up picking a winner for the makeover?! Or do I still have a chance! 🙂

22. The Weekly Edit - Wit & Delight

April 15th, 2016 at 7:56 pm

[…] in California, Texas, and I’m now enroute back to California for our makeover project with Lowes. I’m super excited to see this space come together over the weekend! We will be painting, […]

23. WD x Lowe's: Transforming an Artist's Work/Live Studio Space - Wit & Delight

May 2nd, 2016 at 11:02 am

[…] may remember a few months ago I announced Wit & Delight’s participation in a room refresh makeover with Lowe’s. You may also remember that it’s been radio silence on that project, […]

24. robloxrobuxonline

September 17th, 2018 at 2:02 am

This is a marvolus post with lots of amazing thoughts discussed.