We’re Open For Business! Welcome to Studio 125

Food & Entertainment

They say to keep an open mind when running a business, because as much as you can plan for the future, sometimes the future has different plans. A year ago today, I signed a lease on a 1,500 square foot space (far too much room for our team of two) and crossed my fingers the work would keep coming in. It was the biggest risk I had taken since leaving a full-time job, and while I knew it was time to make room for new opportunities, I wouldn’t have anticipated that the W&D office would become Studio 125, a 6,000 square foot event and photography space designed for anyone pursuing a creative venture. The space features multiple shooting bays, a full kitchen, a kitchenette, two conference rooms, a podcast room and quite a few lounge spaces.

What started as a place to house the team and a way to showcase the W&D aesthetic, the Studio (as it’s fondly known around the building) has grown into something bigger– literally. To be honest, it wasn’t my intention to make the studio this big – but after growing the Wit & Delight team, and often opening the space to photo shoots and freelancers, taking on more square footage and designing this massive space felt less like a scary undertaking and more like a big, risky, yet right, next step.

I had been looking for ways to bridge the gap between digital and real life, and having a big space to invite the community into has been incredibly fulfilling… and we’re just getting started. It’s a space for our clients to enjoy, a space to host friends and family, and a place for our readers to enjoy.

The development of this space was a team effort – from the entire Wit & Delight team, my Studio 125 business partner, all the freelancers we share the space with and our vendor partners. A couple weeks ago we celebrated this massive achievement with all our vendor partners and our closest friends and family. Over the next few months, we’re excited to share a studio reveal (part two!) on the blog with details of the design process and our sensational vendor partners. If you’re looking to sharpen your entrepreneurial, business or branding skills, stay tuned, later this month, we plan to announce our summer Studio 125 workshops on the blog.

Studio 125 has felt like home to Wit & Delight for some time – and we’re now excited for it to feel like home to so many of our readers, colleagues, and friends. We are thrilled to have you along for the ride with us. If you’re interested in learning more about how you may be able to utilize our space please visit the Studio 125 website and shoot us a line, we would love to have you in!

A big thank you to the following vendors for making our launch party such a success, to D’amico Catering for providing the delicious food and drink, Able Brewery for bringing the BLK WLF craft beer, Girl Friday Creative for the to die for balloon installation, Maven Events for the beautiful florals, and Linen Effects for classing up our tables with gorgeous grey linens.

BY Kate Arends - July 11, 2017

1. Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

July 11th, 2017 at 11:08 am

Aesthetics overload here! I love the space, and love the new idea. I wish I could visit myself. Congratulations!!

Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

2. Sarah Katherine Wyland

July 11th, 2017 at 1:17 pm

What a stunning space. Congratulations!

3. meg

July 11th, 2017 at 1:24 pm

Kate! As an avid reader and what feels like a stalker of all things your blog/life (baby Auggie is adorable), so happy to wish you a CONGRATS A MILLION! I’ve always admired your transparency between work, life and everything in between. I know you’re a hard worker and trendsetter! I look forward to all the beautiful photos and more articles in the future! Cheers! (sorry this was so long and sappy)

July 13th, 2017 at 11:25 am

Thank you SO MUCH meg. Your words mean a lot to me.

5. Mailinh

July 11th, 2017 at 3:23 pm

Congratulations, Kate! Thank you for always sharing your journey with us. It’s just awe-inspiring to see you and your business grow. :0)

6. Kelly Mahan

July 12th, 2017 at 7:33 am

The place looks stunning, congratulations on all the hard work!

July 13th, 2017 at 11:24 am

Thank you Kelly!!

8. Kristy

July 14th, 2017 at 8:20 am

The studio is perfect! Congratulations!!

9. Lee

July 16th, 2017 at 7:50 pm

This is absolutely stunning!!!!