Today, as I was driving lakeside in Minneapolis, I saw two trees, one red and one orange, their leaves drifting down to the ground right before my very eyes. Summer? It’s fading, folks.
As we come to a close on the month of August, our team took a look back on the links that captured our attention over the course of the past four weeks, from a sun-drenched apartment tour to an article highlighting Nora Ephron’s rules for middle-age happiness. Find all ten things our team recommends below.
We hope you’ve had a delightful August, and we hope you have an enjoyable weekend too.
1. A photojournalist who’s been covering Afghanistan for two decades shares why the Taliban’s return is catastrophic for women. Looking for ways to help? These suggestions are a starting point.
2. Kate passed along this article on Nora Ephron’s rules for middle-age happiness, as told by her friend, Deborah Copaken. What a delight it was to read.
3. The terracotta accent wall and sun-drenched dining area are my two personal favorite parts of this apartment tour. What are yours?
4. This book was one of our most-purchased recommendations on the blog this month. If you’re looking for a go-to design book to keep on hand as a resource, it could be the one.
5. Beyoncé’s evolution, as told by the woman herself.
6. What’s it like to be single during a pandemic? What’s it like to start dating again? Dolly Alderton explains.
7. A charming, colorful country home that’s full of character, color, and antiques galore.
8. I tried this Fenty whipped oil body cream this month and WOAH am I impressed. It’s hydrating, smells luxurious, and leaves the most delightfully understated glow all over.
9. The show almost every member of our team watched this month.
10. Finally, for your listening enjoyment, our brand director recommends this podcast which chronicles the weirdest things its hosts learned each week.
Jackie is the editorial director at Wit & Delight. In her spare time, you can find her running around the lakes of Minneapolis, grabbing a bite at a local restaurant, or recharging at home with her boyfriend and their beloved corgi, Marge. You can follow her on Instagram @jackiesaffert.
BY Jackie Saffert - August 27, 2021
Did you know W&D now has a resource library of Printable Art, Templates, Freebies, and more?
Thank you for being here. For being open to enjoying life’s simple pleasures and looking inward to understand yourself, your neighbors, and your fellow humans! I’m looking forward to chatting with you.
Like what you see?
Share Wit & Delight with a friend: